TSB shop talk: October Edition

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
It's been a good minute since I made a thread that clearly shows I have too much time on my hands. Whatever, let's get to it!

On Tuesday, I spent a decent amount of time trying to decide if I should level either Mookie or Posada(who I didn't even have). I've moved my focus towards CvC and I really like their skills and versatility(both are switch hitters). Ultimately, I decided against it in part because I didn't want to buy FP.
Fast forward to the next day and there's a 520 legend of some dude who isn't exactly a household name. Surely, that was an error, right? Nah, it's GLU! They never make mistakes...There was also a 500 max legend of a dude I clearly had never heard of. Hmm...
About 30 minutes later, I see that the keepers are boosted. 495(for the top keepers)! Whoa! That kind of came out of nowhere. I guess 520's are the new standard. What does all this mean? I don't have answers, but you better believe that I'll have guesses! Also, that huge sigh of relief? That's just me, in a corner, realizing that I dodged a bullet(by not leveling Mookie/chasing Posada).

-the 520's have a 'hit' of 159 at b1. For those keeping score, that's the same number for keepers Babe Ruth and Mantle. Among players released in '18, only JT's 161 is higher. In short, even after the keepers hit their max of 550, they will still be inferior to the legends of the present because of skills and cost to level skills. Adjust accordingly.

-520's and we still have five plus months to go? 600 max players seem like a lock at this stage and also....

-Keepers will top out at 550, but I don't recall such a cap on ML(my legend). I still don't believe that they're a good value, but a 600 max ML and nothing to use bxp on? I don't think it's nuts anymore. Still crazy, just not nuts. :)

-WoH! Is it going to get tougher? I want to say it's a lock, but I've said that after every boost and each time, I've been reminded that I'm not very good at guessing Glu's next move. This has been the biggest jump to date(30 points), but GLU seems very reluctant to adjust things. I really wonder how the community will react if we start to see level 3+ pitchers in HoF....

-Speaking of which, I'll do my part in spreading the fire. Rumor has it that boxes will make it's return to Royale 'soon.' All I gotta say is, it's about damn time!

-Mega lxp boxes are here....I'm not crazy excited about the value(5.06 per gold), but I guess it's something. Combined with FR, it's solid if it means you'll be able to level/cap a player. I'm a tad pessimistic on this one as it suggests that premium boxes won't be making it's debut anytime soon. In any event, I hope they're around when I actually need them.  :#

I'm glad things are starting to pick up. It was nice to be excited about boxes(I chase and caught Mathews) and change is refreshing in a game that's been rather stale most of the year. Here's hoping that I get at least one thing correct. Anyone else have anything to add or speculate on? Anything y'all excited about? Or just want to add to their post count? Let's hear it, err, see it. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Was Ruth and Mantle released in 2019 yet? Would love to have one or both of those... 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Was Ruth and Mantle released in 2019 yet? Would love to have one or both of those... 
    They were keepers from '18, but so far, they have't made their way into '19. Jackie is the first ATG, but I'm hoping that the Babe will make his return as an ATG once again.
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I had one hell of a weekend with pulls, getting Matthews and Rice, as well as prime Santana and Bogaerts. Now I gotta load up on LXP and PXP
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    The 520 was a huge jump out of the blue. I have to assume this was to follow up the mistake of releasing Edgar as a 490 HoF reward after only having 2 weeks of 470s. I immediately traded in all my 470/490 benchwarmer legends and also assume we will touch the 600 overall mark before 2020 release. I hoarded enough PXP to D10 two World Series winners, but now I'm skeptical how long their 500 ratings will hold value. Those are my short term thoughts about how to proceed..
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    WS primes are still great, pxp is almost becoming for skills only aside from. I doubt anyone is really leveling 430 or 450 primes. 470-500 max primes are still good if you need to fill a roster spot. 450 primes wont be getting leveled on my roster any time soon, maybe a pitcher down the road. I missed out on JV and Scherzer so only 1 WS pitcher for me, unlike some people who had 3 (cough cough @DFBB)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I would love to see these rewards from 18 make a comeback. Royale rewards aren’t very good and we could all use lxp at this stage of the game. Alex I’m excited about the higher rated players but not so much for a bump in hof. I know that they mentioned royale on the weekends but I would love to see hof on the weekend. I’m sure that there are plenty of players that don’t have time to cycle cap a legend on Mondays due to work or other activities 
    I got excited thinking that was a leaked preview of tomorrow only to read and realize it was from 2018. Thanks for the tease lol 
    My bad
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I hope to see a walk off box like last year with relevant players in it. It made cycling woh for lower tier teams like myself fun or worth it. This year or as of late I haven’t had much reason to cycle when the reward is a 470 and I’m chasing 490s.  Hopeful and excited! 😬
    Whoa this World Series is nuts with the home team losing every game
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @DFBB you seriously never heard of Ralph kiner??

Edit: Sorry, misread it. Who was the 500 guy you never heard of
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    criffy said:
    Edit: Sorry, misread it. Who was the 500 guy you never heard of

I’m guessing Jerry Ruess. Decent pitcher with a long career but not a “legend” by any means lol
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Made up player.........
    FWIW they are slowly losing me.......game is in a rut right now.....I’m in a rut right now.......dreading the hours I’ll have to spend cycle capping for WOH, especially if the prize is a donkey like last week who doesn’t make my prime/bonus or CvC teams and only gets bench status for WOH squad.  That and all the issues.....just not as fun anymore.  The new update sucked some life out of the game for sure and it’s alot more dry now that more people “stay in their lanes”......the creative freedoms that made the game fun are fading hard.  CVC sniping used to be fun with tight battles.  Dead clubs now are just dead and CvC sniping feels like raking leaves....just going around collecting without opposition.  The active global scene has quieted and it feels like there are less people in the game.  
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m not even going to bother putting in the effort until I can get a legend with double blowout skills 🙌🏼
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited October 2019
    bigvivec said:
    FWIW they are slowly losing me.......game is in a rut right now.....I’m in a rut right now.......dreading the hours I’ll have to spend cycle capping for WOH, especially if the prize is a donkey like last week who doesn’t make my prime/bonus or CvC teams and only gets bench status for WOH squad.  That and all the issues.....just not as fun anymore.  The new update sucked some life out of the game for sure and it’s alot more dry now that more people “stay in their lanes”......the creative freedoms that made the game fun are fading hard.  CVC sniping used to be fun with tight battles.  Dead clubs now are just dead and CvC sniping feels like raking leaves....just going around collecting without opposition.  The active global scene has quieted and it feels like there are less people in the game.  

Agreed. Profit in lean times over the culture/gameplay that had evolved over the last 6 months. Why not take these ideas to silo players off into their own clubs in the next version? How can they not see that even MORE resource hamstringing @JEDDDOGGY mentioned last week and the energy sapped since the update will be the death knell of this installment? I guess with how poorly this experiment that is TSB19 has gone they figured they really couldn't make it any worse....but here we are.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I hope fixing the app for Android is what is on the horizon.  Some of us are uncomfortable allowing installs from unknown sources.  Even if I was, I would have to ask Steve to do it, and since I beat him arm wrestling in front of everyone, I doubt he would do it.  I would have to start over, but this time of year it is easier to start over.  I don't think it is too much to ask to have a playable app that is downloadable from the Google Play Store. 
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Whats the deal with the ATG's? That's about the only thing I am looking forward too currently
    Need more Living Legends!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I agree the game is getting stale. The amount of time to cycle cap on Mon and Wed just drains me sometimes. As @DFBB mentioned in another post, if they actually go back to the WOH and Royale boxes for cycling, it could spice things up a bit. It would be much harder to cycle cap, but it would make things a lot more interesting. The game is getting too redundant and stale. Bring the boxes back, Glu! Bring them back!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I hope fixing the app for Android is what is on the horizon.  Some of us are uncomfortable allowing installs from unknown sources.  Even if I was, I would have to ask Steve to do it, and since I beat him arm wrestling in front of everyone, I doubt he would do it.  I would have to start over, but this time of year it is easier to start over.  I don't think it is too much to ask to have a playable app that is downloadable from the Google Play Store. 
    I hope some of the ladies of the retirement center saw your glorious takedown of that punk kid Steve? Live in your glory, my friend, and remind Steve who's boss at every turn 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @retirepujols Thanks for the kind words.  My wife (the only one who mattered) kept yelling at me not to hurt him.  Warning to all of you young guys, Muscles get tighter when you get older and putting your pride on the line means more the older you get.  And don't let the belly (great place to rest grand kids on) fool you, I was a college wrestler and a construction worker for most of my life.
    2003cobra said:
    I would love to see these rewards from 18 make a comeback. Royale rewards aren’t very good and we could all use lxp at this stage of the game. Alex I’m excited about the higher rated players but not so much for a bump in hof. I know that they mentioned royale on the weekends but I would love to see hof on the weekend. I’m sure that there are plenty of players that don’t have time to cycle cap a legend on Mondays due to work or other activities 
    I can't agree enough about Mondays. It's far from fair that the game is so heavily centered around a day of the week where many simply don't have the time to play several hours/all day. 
    Personally, my interest was waning until this past week. The update(via apk pure) did wonders for my gaming experience and the jump to 520's, along with new skills, was a sight for sore eyes. I just hope that weeks from now, we won't still be talking about game being stale.
    My experience aside, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the update was a major fail. Most people are only aware of google play and for many android users, it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. A damn shame too. 
    I like to compare my iPhone and tablet just because I get bored. With FP I can auto play a whole game on my phone faster than I can auto play an inning on the tablet when I start them at the same time. Also I can watch a 30 second video on the phone faster that opening the app on the tablet. The pitches in woh constantly jump on the tablet instead of maintaining a smooth flow like they do on the iPhone. That being said there is no way that I would play this game if my tablet was my only device. I only have it to be a leader and space holder in my club
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    B)bigvivec said:

go diamond
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    @2003cobra I have the exact opposite experience. Tablet is a late model ipad pro, phone is an iphone 7.
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    My 2 year old Android was unplayable with the new update. It would take over 10 minutes to open the game and autoplay 6 prime games. I went the APK route and things were greatly improved. It still takes almost a minute to play a prime game, but it is still an improvement. Quite pleased I was. I know it sounds odd to be happy about it taking 1 minute to autoplay 1 prime game, but it's all relative. My experience before APK was horrific, and now, not so much. It's like that first 50 degree day after a long cold winter and it actually feels warm to you. You know it's not warm but you got so used to the cold that it seems it, and you are grateful for it. By comparison, I have a 5 year old Android that runs ridiculously well on the update. The Google one, not the APK. No lagging, no freezing, just straight up smooth. I can autoplay a prime game on that phone in about 10 seconds. Both phones have the same operating system, both have the same amount of free space, both are Samsung. The older one runs circles around the newer one. I forgot what point I had intended to make. Don't know if I ever really had one. Just my experience with the update. Cheers!
    I agree the game is getting stale. The amount of time to cycle cap on Mon and Wed just drains me sometimes. As @DFBB mentioned in another post, if they actually go back to the WOH and Royale boxes for cycling, it could spice things up a bit. It would be much harder to cycle cap, but it would make things a lot more interesting. The game is getting too redundant and stale. Bring the boxes back, Glu! Bring them back!
    It adds a bit of excitement to each spin.  
    MoenPDC said:
    B)bigvivec said:

go diamond
    I would quit if I had to play more than 100 BGs at a time.  That for me would be dreadful.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    My 2 year old Android was unplayable with the new update. It would take over 10 minutes to open the game and autoplay 6 prime games. I went the APK route and things were greatly improved. It still takes almost a minute to play a prime game, but it is still an improvement. Quite pleased I was. I know it sounds odd to be happy about it taking 1 minute to autoplay 1 prime game, but it's all relative. My experience before APK was horrific, and now, not so much. It's like that first 50 degree day after a long cold winter and it actually feels warm to you. You know it's not warm but you got so used to the cold that it seems it, and you are grateful for it. By comparison, I have a 5 year old Android that runs ridiculously well on the update. The Google one, not the APK. No lagging, no freezing, just straight up smooth. I can autoplay a prime game on that phone in about 10 seconds. Both phones have the same operating system, both have the same amount of free space, both are Samsung. The older one runs circles around the newer one. I forgot what point I had intended to make. Don't know if I ever really had one. Just my experience with the update. Cheers!
    The apk is 32-bt whereas Play store is 64. Your older device is probably running the 32-bit app as well.