Options

WOH 10.28.2019

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @DFBB ah yeah! So 12,600 gold... so 26 restarts... Biggest thing is probably the jump in SP rating at 6.10 though. He was still d1, but he was 30 something points higher. This was probably the first week you really needed to bump your skills higher, comes in parallel with the more abundant LXP, which makes sense kinda too. At 13/13 Edmonds was 735 to Thigpen 404. Did not think I should have so much trouble with that ratio, but I did.

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I feel like hit being double or greater than stuff is magic number. 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    While we're still on the WOH thread, why is All-Star mode still just a cranked up version of Classic with really no standalone play value?  You would think the time has come and gone to either add a unique player to the mode or just remove it altogether.  
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited October 2019
    because you have a higher chance with the box lol. 

In all seriousness... I agree that All Star WOH is basically a waste. I think that is why there are two primary camps here... either HOF or Classic. Warmup is for those who are a week into the game and All Star adds minimal value compared to Classic. Personally I only play all star once I have a bonus guy. 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @DFBB ah yeah! So 12,600 gold... so 26 restarts... Biggest thing is probably the jump in SP rating at 6.10 though. He was still d1, but he was 30 something points higher. This was probably the first week you really needed to bump your skills higher, comes in parallel with the more abundant LXP, which makes sense kinda too. At 13/13 Edmonds was 735 to Thigpen 404. Did not think I should have so much trouble with that ratio, but I did.

What is this more abundant lxp you speak off 😥 

The 'mega box' ?

It's a small improvement - but the stranglehold they are keeping on it otherwise is crap. 
  • Options
    Hof reward doubled with 470’s too @benny100 5k to 10k
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Hof reward doubled with 470’s too @benny100 5k to 10k
    Old news lol - but that was a nice bump when it happened. Since then just a 500 gold box.

I thought they would make extra bases worth chasing with lxp - but nope, not there. 

Anyway - it is what it is - it's the model they chose for this year - but for me it's less exciting and less reason to spend. Just my take on it.
  • Options
    At some point hopefully we will get to where we were last year, which was (average based on premium box odds) of 18k pxp and 13k lxp per cycle.

Oh, but we didn't have 6 levels.

Oh, and, but Wednesday WOH was actually fun/worth playing.

Hope we get there. The current reward model isn't going to keep me around for the entirety of the offseason.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Usually I'm the guy on the other end of this, complaining about how hard WOH was while I see you guys posting about breezing through.  But, just to help as we gather anecdotal evidence of what works and what doesn't, here was my (positive) experience:

WOH was the easiest it's been in weeks.  I'm in the gold tier, so I set 7 cycles as my goal -- beat HoF, then level him to silver 10, beat HOF x2 to get the free bump from silver to gold, then level him to Gold 5, and finish the cycle cap.  I didn't have time for much more.  Edmonds closed for me all day, his skills are 13/13, his pennants are 55/60.  He wasn't great, but 6.10 was the only level I had to worry about so I always had my video restart handy.  In the end, he probably went 7 for 15 or so--not great, but not terrible because of the video restart.  Only one cycle did he lose even after the video restart, and I didn't buy a third restart, so my total gold spent was only 500g or so.  I boosted him with 80g once, and he got slaughtered, but 40g was successful the rest of the day.  He got slaughtered the one time I tried no boost.   

I ended up increasing my lxp by about 40k, and I capped Belle spending only 120 gold and 6 evo.  Doesn't get much better than that.  I'm prepared to get ambushed by Glu in next week's event. 

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I still maintain that classic = blue exp guy, All-Star should reward a good prime plus 5k prime exp, with HoF being the same as it is now.  That way everyone has something to go after.  My team will be in a state of flux once the PotM boost ends.  Leaving my top 3 players being the Wednesday Royale WoH players from the last 3 weeks.  I guess I might if I don’t just put the game down for a while due to burnout just need to pound 7-8k games a week for a month and buy the pxp/lxp that is needed.  If I finish leveling my keepers I’d have Hosmer and Jed to go with Cabrera, Arraez, and Rojas (2L, 2 switches, and 1R but other than the keepers we’re talking a 430 with meh skills and 2 420s with a veritable army of 380 former PotM guys). While that likely still wins classic comfortably for a while it will struggle with HoF though Arraez did beat the pants off of Fergie in his only matchup of the day.
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Personally I felt the difficulty bump yesterday. For the previous 4-5 weeks I had been cycling HOF with only occasional autoplay losses slowing me down. Stopped using gold boosts about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday was very different, first time I ever struggled getting to 6.10, even since the very first time I tried HOF (I never tried until they added legends).

Got stuck in autoplay hell on both 2nd and 3rd cyles, and then also had troubles on 6.8 & 6.9 which I normally crush. I am gold, using Edmonds on 6.10 with 17/17 skills and he went 3/8 with gold boosts. Last week I only used 2 video boosts and he went 5/5. I have limited time to play on Mondays.

Guess  I need a better finisher already and to take skills even higher. Hopefully a decent finisher pops before now and next Monday, but I'm not holding my breath since Glu likes to release players with meh skills for at least 1-2 weeks after a bump.
  • Options
    @Waveburner Wonder if this is difference between diamond and gold. I used Meadows with 16/16, 80g boost and was 5/5 on 6.10. His overall is only +56 at 460 to Thigpen's 404 and I don't get 'Great matchup' displayed using him though his hit is 888 when using 80g boost, exactly 2x Thigpen's 444 stuff.

Interested to know Edmonds hit to Thigpen's stuff in gold. Maybe there is greater disparity as tier is increased from gold > plat > diamond. Never looked at the numbers this way but there would have to be, no?
  • Options
    louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    @Waveburner, @dustyhunks,  I am gold and used potm meadows yesterday, skills at 16/16.  I cycled 6 times with minimal difficulty. I used 80 gold boost. I was over 60% against thigpen. The times I didn’t beat him I was able to video restart and I was able to beat him the next time.  Only once did I have to use gold to replay, and the time I did that I beat him.
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    People that are using capped 470 plus legends and failing don’t have their skills high enough . 430 prime carried me yesterday in 6.9/6.10
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @dustyhunks I don't remember the numbers, I do remember seeing great matchup displayed, but that didn't help with the unhittable pitches and occasional noodle bat. 

I think you are very right about gold vs platinum, but I just don't have enough free time on Mondays to make Platinum or Diamond realistic. Gold is what I can handle in terms of resources with my time to play. Especially if I ever want to cap ATG's, assuming they actually get released for everyone to pursue lol.

• Options

MoenPDC said:
    People that are using capped 470 plus legends and failing don’t have their skills high enough . 430 prime carried me yesterday in 6.9/6.10

Yeah, using a 430 you had better have skills up there to have a chance. Using a 470 is going to be tough sledding too. Apparently a 490 with skills at 13 is rough too. Boog is 520 and with skills at 13 he did just fine (until that last minute attempt, mind you, but I think they really crank it up the last 30 minutes or so.

• Options

Interested to know Edmonds hit to Thigpen's stuff in gold. Maybe there is greater disparity as tier is increased from gold > plat > diamond. Never looked at the numbers this way but there would have to be, no?

Edmonds hit / power capped at d10 is 553/502 so I wouldn't think hit rating would have been an issue but idk for sure?
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    there are certainly mixed reviews on here about yesterday. Sometimes I think that it’s your day and sometimes it’s not. The bump in difficulty was felt by most. I spent a decent amount of gold yesterday-around 5k but reminded myself with every restart the importance of gaining lxp. without it there wouldn’t be a cycle cap next week. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Edmonds hit / power capped at d10 is 553/502 so I wouldn't think hit rating would have been an issue but idk for sure?
    Guessing here but 553 at 13/13 with 80g boost is around 862 hit, under 2x stuff for 6.10. Pure speculation on those numbers. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

MoenPDC said:

Yeah, using a 430 you had better have skills up there to have a chance. Using a 470 is going to be tough sledding too. Apparently a 490 with skills at 13 is rough too. Boog is 520 and with skills at 13 he did just fine (until that last minute attempt, mind you, but I think they really crank it up the last 30 minutes or so.

Who I have used the last two weeks. I might bump his skills to 20/20 because I don’t see a better lefty finisher in my future soon
  • Options
    MoenPDC said:
    Who I have used the last two weeks. I might bump his skills to 20/20 because I don’t see a better lefty finisher in my future soon

You might be ok for a little while. I think this bump from 490 all the way to 520 and the subsequent bump on HOF will stick for a good bit. Hopefully it will be a couple weeks of so before any further increases. I really hate investing so much in to players only for them to fall off my roster 2 weeks later.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

You're assuming everyone is diamond.  A 430 prime is a terrible option at gold right now.  My Asdrubal Cabrera, 430 with double RHP skill, can barely handle 6.1 - 6.4, let alone 6.10.  I don't think you're going to beat WOH at gold if your best guy is a 430 prime.  That's one of the perks of diamond.  Players stay relevant for longer.

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Dammit.  Well that solves that.

Ive got about 4-5 430 guys sitting on my bench that I was contemplating taking to G10.

Guess that is a waste of time (and resources) now
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Metsicans said:
    MoenPDC said:

You're assuming everyone is diamond.  A 430 prime is a terrible option at gold right now.  My Asdrubal Cabrera, 430 with double RHP skill, can barely handle 6.1 - 6.4, let alone 6.10.  I don't think you're going to beat WOH at gold if your best guy is a 430 prime.  That's one of the perks of diamond.  Players stay relevant for longer.

Sure but it’s super easy to get a capped team full of legends at gold. I traded in 8 legends for like 4.5 k lxp each because no way I could ever level them. That’s painful

also one of the reasons I went diamond. Many nights I NEEDED live boost to cycle cap . I also hated spending gold on boosts and NEVER on restarts . 

When I saw the loss of live boost coming , kind of saw the writing on the wall. 
  • Options
    Also this is what happens after getting dragged into your third meeting of the day after staying up to late on a WoH night 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    That pic makes me so happy I work from home. I put a fake meeting on my calendar and took a nap today.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I beat 6.10 once with 430 Cabrera in gold. My 420 and 430 primes handle 6.1 thru 6.7 pretty well. I don’t feel I need better at this point.  The last three pitchers are a struggle and I definitely need a better lefty. 
  • Options
    Diamond life 🍺😎
  • Options
    Yup but I come home every night to a home cooked meal and my wife big ol tities
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Usually I'm the guy on the other end of this, complaining about how hard WOH was while I see you guys posting about breezing through.  But, just to help as we gather anecdotal evidence of what works and what doesn't, here was my (positive) experience:

WOH was the easiest it's been in weeks.  I'm in the gold tier, so I set 7 cycles as my goal -- beat HoF, then level him to silver 10, beat HOF x2 to get the free bump from silver to gold, then level him to Gold 5, and finish the cycle cap.  I didn't have time for much more.  Edmonds closed for me all day, his skills are 13/13, his pennants are 55/60.  He wasn't great, but 6.10 was the only level I had to worry about so I always had my video restart handy.  In the end, he probably went 7 for 15 or so--not great, but not terrible because of the video restart.  Only one cycle did he lose even after the video restart, and I didn't buy a third restart, so my total gold spent was only 500g or so.  I boosted him with 80g once, and he got slaughtered, but 40g was successful the rest of the day.  He got slaughtered the one time I tried no boost.   

I ended up increasing my lxp by about 40k, and I capped Belle spending only 120 gold and 6 evo.  Doesn't get much better than that.  I'm prepared to get ambushed by Glu in next week's event. 

Seems like this happens sometimes;   Always seems in the club someone struggles and someone else has it easy even though their teams are similar.