Game changers

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
I didn’t play last year but I remember someone saying game changers replaced POTM and worked the same way.....is this the case , will we see those boxes next week

im pretty sure when POTM regress my team will be fine without them. Cycled 4 times in 2 days to buy lxp boxes to get Eddie Mathews leveled . By my count I will have 6 players with correct skills to replace my POTM and a regressed meadows will easily still handle 6.4 with 12/12 skills. 

Just trying to figure out if I should save all this bxp I have and save the gold going forward for those boxes 

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Game Changers are the same as Post Season Hero boxes.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Only good for a week, never had month long GC boxes.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    ugh. Welp good thing I got my team ready enough without POTM. hrm......is it time to level my pitchers?
    or sluggers, lmao
    – The Great Houmy
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    hell hath not frozen over......Don't need evo or blue cash. Slugfest could be cool if they made it worthwhile and its own event one day. Give good prizes for slugfest, put it on Wednesday and make royale the weekend. Look Glu I made your game a lot cooler........
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I think slugfest was Wednesdays before there was a Royale
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I know this is not a popular opinion but I am glad slugfest wasn't a near requirement to play like it was last year with all that prime xp in the tower. I absolutely loathe slugfest. It's so repetitive and I also hate it so much I cannot concentrate while playing to the degree necessary to hit 10 straight pitches perfectly to left center field while my pitcher is actually trying to strike me out with quick pitches and eephus bs.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY they pretty much all go out once you get to g5 or so. i can cycle slugfest with my left hand while using my right hand... well, my club is named 'fistful of wang' for a reason
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I know this is not a popular opinion but I am glad slugfest wasn't a near requirement to play like it was last year with all that prime xp in the tower. I absolutely loathe slugfest. It's so repetitive and I also hate it so much I cannot concentrate while playing to the degree necessary to hit 10 straight pitches perfectly to left center field while my pitcher is actually trying to strike me out with quick pitches and eephus bs.
    Make sluggers BXP only, and make that known from the start, and I think people might keep up with them from the beginning of the year. That and making gold battles where people could really expect it throughout the year on a regular basis. I dumped my sluggers after silver because I didn’t plan on keeping up with prime sluggers. But the amount of BXP I was able to get from multi-cycling WOH early in the year would have allowed me to keep slugfest going if I knew prime sluggers weren’t a thing 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I actually think you have the popular opinion and mine is the minority. Most people I talk with can't stand SF. Personally, I've been very disappointed with the approach to SF. It's the only event that requires some semblance of skill(CvC too, but bonus players/cvc edge are too big of a factor)...and well, that didn't sell well. The only thing I hate about being diamond is that I don't have sluggers that are 'current' because I'd do gold battles all day if I did. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    criffy said:
    @JEDDDOGGY they pretty much all go out once you get to g5 or so. i can cycle slugfest with my left hand while using my right hand... well, my club is named 'fistful of wang' for a reason
    Yeah...that's the theme of '19. They are so reluctant to adjust anything that would make things tougher.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I am with you dfbb about enjoying it... I just wish the rewards would change for completing levels. They are beyond stale, but I understand Glu not wanting to invest much in this since they have no profit there.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I don't mind slug fest but it's not playable on Android.  I have the APKPure version and it still takes forever.
    I don't mind slug fest but it's not playable on Android.  I have the APKPure version and it still takes forever.
    That's unfortunate that it's not working out for you. Tbh, even when it was turtle speed, I never had issues with actually playing the game. It was everything(loading/sims) in between that made turtles look like rabbits. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Wouldn't it be great if Glu offered a "Game Changers" (i.e., off-season) version for POTM?
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    You're right, when actually playing it's OK, it's the loading and stuff that takes forever.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I don’t understand why they wouldn’t do a set of boxes for Series MVP’s or something
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    The only way to resurrect slugfest in 2020 is to use the same roster. Having two separate rosters is dumb. There’s already a power rating for the normal roster of players why bother with a separate one.