***The UNOFFICIAL VIP GUIDE***

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
To be clear, I do NOT work for Glu. These are things I've observed and experiences that have been shared across the community. If you have things to share, feel free to post. We have a lot of VIP threads and I thought it would be a good idea to have it all in one place. VIP status used to be rather vague, but it's a bit more clear this year. I'll edit this post as needed. If you have any questions, myself and others will do our best to help. Again, keep in mind that this is NOT official. These are things that we, as a community, have observed.

***level 10=8,180 tickets which is roughly $818, is accessible only by VIPs. However, 8270 is the magic number for most people ***

It's my understanding that the free AS tickets acquired from S1 and G1(45 each; 90 total) do NOT count towards VIP status even though it adds to your AS tickets. As a result, it has created a lot of confusion. It's been widely reported that once you pass the $818(8180 paid AS tickets; 8270 tickets total if past g1) spending threshold, you'll be able to collect level 10 rewards and the VIP status that comes with it. Some have received it instantly while others had to contact CS so it doesn't appear to be an exact science.

Also, people always ask if VIP status can be obtained by 'non spenders.' The short answer is YES! However, it's subjective and as of this writing, the 'easiest' path is through he AS tickets.

EDIT:
-I just remembered that after the first update of the year, there  was a bug where some received extra AS tickets. While those tickets counted towards the AS levels, they didn't count towards VIP status. Anyways, if that applies to you, just something to keep in mind.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited August 2019

I would like to add, here is a snippet of a CS response from a VIP inquiry. There is no clear-cut, 100% fool proof answer that will be given by CS or fellow forum members (though I would estimate the money spent is a requirement pretty much across the board- save for some special folks 😁).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • greg24211greg24211 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    DFBB said:
    To be clear, I do NOT work for Glu. These are things I've observed and experiences that have been shared across the community. If you have things to share, feel free to post. We have a lot of VIP threads and I thought it would be a good idea to have it all in one place. VIP status used to be rather vague, but it's a bit more clear this year. I'll edit this post as needed. If you have any questions, myself and others will do our best to help. Again, keep in mind that this is NOT official. These are things that we, as a community, have observed.

***level 10=8,180 tickets which is roughly $818, is accessible only by VIPs.***

It's my understanding that the free AS tickets acquired from S1 and G1 do NOT count towards VIP status even though it adds to your AS tickets. As a result, it has created a lot of confusion. It's been widely reported that once you pass the $818(8,380 AS tickets) spending threshold, you'll be able to collect level 10 rewards and the VIP status that comes with it. Some have received it instantly while others had to contact CS so it doesn't appear to be an exact science.

Also, people always ask if VIP status can be obtained by 'non spenders.' The short answer is YES! However, it's subjective and as of this writing, the 'easiest' path is through he AS tickets.

Thanks DFBB. Spent $10 extra dollars and it instantly got me to VIP, lol
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    I play everyday...have spent some money(AS 5), but I will never get to that AS 10 level and therefore doubt I have a chance at VIP. While I want to believe money is not the primary factor...I’m not holding my breath. I do enjoy the boards, in fact without them I probably wouldn’t have continued with the game. While VIP would be great (especially once a month 😉), the real gem of the game has been here in the forums. Thanks to all who put time in here, answer questions, share screen shots, jokes, etc. 
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Im at over 7k games, 12hrs a day, high stats, 8,660 allstar tickets. Still nothing. $30-$100 many weeks. I just dont know why im the black sheep. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @misred I assume you've already contacted CS? Either way, I'd send in a ticket via support from the forums. They seem to be more responsive.
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    @JTTeams I’m right there with you. I have played every day since discovering this game March 2018. I play often enough my wife has threaten to throw my phone away (slept on the sofa a few times 😉). But I can’t afford to spend money very often on the game. I’ll spend a little here and there but I’ll never reach level 10. I just watch a ton of videos for gold. Every time i get frustrated about the game or VIP status I come to these boards and read the conversations. Helps rejuvenate my love for the game and keep tapping. Thanks @DFBB and everyone else for the information and the motivation to keep going. 
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    There's a few guys on my team that reset and were VIP at bronze within 2 weeks, have never posted on here or global, so I'm seeing that as the bottom "dollar".  I'm active daily since '19 was released, AS ticket 9, and still waiting for VIP.  I'm not spending blindly unless there's a definite line of reward, but since there is no level 10 AS ticket I have stopped blowing money and chasing VIP.  
  • TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Got mine instantly can’t remember how much I had spent tho as it was a weekend I decided to spend like $4-500, I remember seeing the news tab had something new and was something about VIP so I restarted the game and had access to the VIP lounge and badge. I was over all star lvl 10 when this happened tho.
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I just got mine today.    A day late for vip newsletter but I did get the gifts.  
  • Dc3085Dc3085 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    VIP is another way Glu gets you spending money, nothing Glu gives its players is a benefit........vip is nothing to strive for that's forsure 
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    @DFBB once vip is obtained what need to be done to ensure you get the newsletter? Is it just filling out the info section in the lounge? If it is, how do I know it’s done right? Do you get a confirmation email?
    lenard said:
    @DFBB once vip is obtained what need to be done to ensure you get the newsletter? Is it just filling out the info section in the lounge? If it is, how do I know it’s done right? Do you get a confirmation email?
    As I understand it, you simply need to fill out the info in the lounge. Personally, I'd also send in a ticket to confirm that I've been enrolled.
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Thanks @DFBB ! I sent a ticket in.
  • bobby12587bobby12587 Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    I completed level 9 and never received the rewards. Level 10 shows up at the top but didn't get any rewards forever 9. Anyone have this happen or know why
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Got my badge and 1st monthly gifts. Really eager to get next ones. Way to many legends on my bench i cant boost fast enough to play. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • kjm9969kjm9969 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I do wish there was an alternative method to VIP rather than just money spent this year. I’ve seen the $818 number thrown around for the year, but wish there was an amount over the lifespan of the game that would trigger VIP. I have spent well over a couple thousand since I started the game during the first released, but there’s no way without causing a divorce I can spend $818 in a single year. So I think sometime of lifetime threshold would be nice. I would love to get Vip
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I got mine immediately after I sent several PMs to dkarski87.  He also sent me the new VIP welcome package which included a coffee mug, coaster and T-shirt.  Make sure to tell him sizing and be persistent as he checks in somewhat irregularly.  Tell him I said hello!
  • StokedxcoreStokedxcore Registered Users 10 Posts
    I know, I’m not sure how I possibly wouldn’t get it. I do everything including spend money and never even a peep towards a vip. I even got the badge for playing three years straight.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I followed this link from the closed thread wanting to believe this was a shortcut to the garbage bin......
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I got mine immediately after I sent several PMs to dkarski87.  He also sent me the new VIP welcome package which included a coffee mug, coaster and T-shirt.  Make sure to tell him sizing and be persistent as he checks in somewhat irregularly.  Tell him I said hello!
    you forgot the jacket, the jacked was nice, a TSB bomber jacket. Silk had a TSB ring on the back like a gang.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• bigjay148bigjay148 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I asked about the VIP status today and got the typical customer service answer. I think to work on customer service, regardless of the company, you just say something to muddy the waters and go on about life. One guy in my club had an interesting approach that worked for him, but I can’t share it here. 
    bigjay148 said:
    I asked about the VIP status today and got the typical customer service answer. I think to work on customer service, regardless of the company, you just say something to muddy the waters and go on about life. One guy in my club had an interesting approach that worked for him, but I can’t share it here. 
    If you ask here, someone may be able to help. :)
    bigjay148 said:
    One guy in my club had an interesting approach that worked for him, but I can’t share it here. 
    What is this approach? That whole sentence is unnecessary without spilling the beans 😂 I like beans 👀😳
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 9bobbyboucher9bobbyboucher Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I need help in trying to become a vip...
  • HarveyBarsHarveyBars Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    DFBB said:

***level 10=8,180 tickets which is roughly $818, is accessible only by VIPs. However, 8270 is the magic number for most people ***

It's my understanding that the free AS tickets acquired from S1 and G1(45 each; 90 total) do NOT count towards VIP status even though it adds to your AS tickets. As a result, it has created a lot of confusion. It's been widely reported that once you pass the $818(8180 paid AS tickets; 8270 tickets total if past g1) spending threshold, you'll be able to collect level 10 rewards and the VIP status that comes with it. Some have received it instantly while others had to contact CS so it doesn't appear to be an exact science.

EDIT:
    -I just remembered that after the first update of the year, there  was a bug where some received extra AS tickets. While those tickets counted towards the AS levels, they didn't count towards VIP status. Anyways, if that applies to you, just something to keep in mind.

IDK about all this. Alot I do for sure. Ive spent the money, just chilling at level 9 all star. Grind in the daily team strength over 102k, spend money, etc...active on Facebook and forums and yet I have not received an invite for VIP due to this, I have gave less time and stopped spending money on this game.
    ShareTheLove
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:

EDIT:

IDK about all this. Alot I do for sure. Ive spent the money, just chilling at level 9 all star. Grind in the daily team strength over 102k, spend money, etc...active on Facebook and forums and yet I have not received an invite for VIP due to this, I have gave less time and stopped spending money on this game.
    All star level 9 won’t cut it. Sorry. Most have said they get it after they have passed level 10. 
    Ive spent the money, just chilling at level 9 all star. 
    Either you've spent the money, or you're at all star level 9. 
  • MilaMirMilaMir Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    lenard said:
    Thanks @DFBB ! I sent a ticket in.

Make sure to save your info.

• oomartin123oomartin123 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I just got vip a few hours ago, it sent it to me right after I bought field pass (which put me to all star level 10) I've messaged them before but got the usual vague answer of not being able to tell how VIP members are chosen. This is the first time I've posted on any forums or social sites, so I have no idea what the selection process is based on