If we get boxes back in Royale, What's an acceptable increase to the difficulty?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
For those that don't know, last year, we got boxes after beating WoH in Royale that contained very good players. Some were used as bonuses while others, like ATGs, were obviously still worth chasing. What do you think is a reasonable level of the 5.10 pitcher in Royale if boxes were to return?
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

If we get boxes back in Royale, What's an acceptable increase to the difficulty? 55 votes

9%
MattattackDFBBwhammo911BigBibbins333inoculum 5 votes
1%
DPKS 1 vote
43%
BigpredfanDantemavericksredlegs2018uHaraycaraytocopan18slafrance2Mulderkenbraveschamps95Judgecubschampions2016barnstormbombersPunkers777dustyhunksCOWPILEYRookieTappereman0023SandlotGuruMore2Most2Firstcb11Agulierspeed 24 votes
Keep it the same. Level 1 forever!
45%
Base15ihuffglufahhq2ReadingFightingPhils2003cobraNumb3rsnavyjack77duckk123TheLegend17buddydaveJCAM80DomerHomerlikenightJTPASTORmancov2001Shadow451HanysYoderretirepujolsFrankTheTank04mythicaldragon 25 votes

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I believe there are still several variables here. I said 3, because that would be where I would start the first week for them if the pitcher’s difficulty doesn’t change. If they went from a 450 to a 480 overall pitcher, I wouldn’t change the level of the pitcher at all. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    None.  No increase at all.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    It would have to be more difficult.  I didn’t play this week but last week was not hard enough to justify better rewards IMO.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    If the question is about just adding boxes, then stay the same. If it also means including worthwhile players, then I suppose a difficulty bump would make sense. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I voted for 3, if they’re going to want to increase rewards (ideally there would be a good amount of exp per cycle in addition to a Royale box) there’s going to have to be a slight/moderate bump in difficulty to match.  My team after tomorrow would struggle to cycle cap HoF as is but that’s more of an indictment on my resource management than anything else.  I could have saved some of the copious amounts of gold I accumulated instead of chasing club points (only all star level 7, but about halfway toward the 260 gold stadium tier).  I’ve cut my playtime this week considerably though because I finally tired of the diamond grind (have over 100,000 wins).
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    What happened to 2?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    What happened to 2?
    I don’t know what happened to 2, but I do know that 5 shouldn’t be an option 

https://youtu.be/xOrgLj9lOwk
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Bummer.  No love for 5  :(
    Bummer.  No love for 5  :(
    I can’t argue with the book of armaments. Sorry 
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I've been saving all my lxp and pxp still searching for a lhb woh finisher but all they keep giving out are rhb and the difficulty bump has not made any of this game fun anymore
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    There needs to be resource compensation one hundo percent if any increase occurs. As it stands now Royale WoH only serves to ensure you will need to buy mega pxp boxes or cycle 20 damn times to come out on top.

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I agree that there need to be some resources handed out for winning 5-10 - perhaps 10K pxp or 5K lxp?  If all they do is offer me box a full of players that I have no ability to level, then I'd prefer that they just leave the current setup alone.  Ideally, I'd like to see one mediocre player offered as a reward (so that I can still cycle cap), plus a box, and some amount of resources.  Assuming that they get this right - I voted for pitchers being upgraded to level 3.
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    A pitcher rating increase seems inevitable and would be ok with improved rewards.  Currently, Royale WOH is not worth the time with the rewards.  I anticipate the difficulty would be a progression upward over time - not an immediate jump to 5 (I would have voted for 2 if it were an option). 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    For me, Royale is as hard (and maybe harder) than HOF. Improve the rewards, but don’t make it harder for the first month or so.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Unless they make a good double skill lefty available, they shouldn’t increase the difficulty. There hasn’t been a realistic one in weeks. Boog was .7% chance I think. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I voted 3 with the assumption of last year's setup with a special Royale box with guaranteed player along with some extra PXP/LXP