ATG Ted Williams and Cooperstown

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Thoughts on the ATGs being almost exclusive to weekend Cooperstown clubs? Also, thoughts on Ted? It's a step up from Jackie, but yeah....😬

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    So far I don’t care about Jackie or Ted since they’re only 520s same as legends and skills are meh but if they release Babe Ruth and make him impossible outside of Cooperstown I’ll be pissed. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don’t like how Ted got upgraded to an ATG honestly. He was one of the few legends I would be excited to get, but now I never will it seems. 

I hate this new structure for these players though. I’m all for having great rewards for Cooperstown clubs, but having other people have 0 shots at the player, without spending $50 for 10 1% chances, sucks the life out of these players for me. 

I’m not more inclined to join a Cooperstown club, or join a club to help get to Cooperstown, but instead more inclined to accept these players are out of reach 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    So far I don’t care about Jackie or Ted since they’re only 520s same as legends and skills are meh but if they release Babe Ruth and make him impossible outside of Cooperstown I’ll be pissed. 
    Everyone does understand that ATGs raise their max overall so they are always the top rating. 520 is just a release point. When any player, ATG or other comes out with a higher rating, the ATG will then jump to that max... 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    If you do happen to get your club to Cooperstown brackets you have to beat Sparta and Rocketsquirrels and Judgesucksdidi and whatever else clubs that spend enough money to have that fancy colored chat text. The ATGs are now pretty much only for people who want to spend 50 grand on a mobile device game. Stupid asf.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I don’t like how Ted got upgraded to an ATG honestly. He was one of the few legends I would be excited to get, but now I never will it seems. 

I hate this new structure for these players though. I’m all for having great rewards for Cooperstown clubs, but having other people have 0 shots at the player, without spending $50 for 10 1% chances, sucks the life out of these players for me. 

I’m not more inclined to join a Cooperstown club, or join a club to help get to Cooperstown, but instead more inclined to accept these players are out of reach 
    Yeah I don’t really have much to add to this as you pretty much summed up my thoughts.   But i guess they are ok appealing to a select segment of players. I am completely ok with leveling 3 other legends and not having to worry about evo i suppose.   But having to wait this long and have them still not really available has just kinda sucked the life out of them for me. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Everything @Bigpredfan said 👍🏻
    Ill add that those skills are not atg worthy skills they have entirely missed the mark on atgs this year timing, availability, skills etc.. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’m actually sort of curious how much revenue GLU generates though from those top 5-10 players though that are all spending like mad to grab the slightest of edge on each other...compared to the peons like us

something tells me that it’s probably a bigger disparity than you would think...this making complete fiscal sense for them to make these ultra difficult to obtain without spending boat loads of cash 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Blessing in disguise really. If they are dumb enough to NOT release those boxes to the general gaming community then that's on them. People would spend tons of gold pulling for them, offering them currently is a bad marketing stunt. But its a blessing really, they ruined a once favorite player for most of us from 2018 with crap skills and made him a ATG. Easy decisions for most to not spend money on ATGs this year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Thoughts on the ATGs being almost exclusive to weekend Cooperstown clubs? Also, thoughts on Ted? It's a step up from Jackie, but yeah....😬

Not worth triple lxp IMO.  
    dkarski87 said:
    Blessing in disguise really. If they are dumb enough to NOT release those boxes to the general gaming community then that's on them. People would spend tons of gold pulling for them, offering them currently is a bad marketing stunt. But its a blessing really, they ruined a once favorite player for most of us from 2018 with crap skills and made him a ATG. Easy decisions for most to not spend money on ATGs this year.
    Agreed......definitely not listing after either of these ATGs.  Wouldn’t level them if I had them.  
    JCAM80 said:
    Everyone does understand that ATGs raise their max overall so they are always the top rating. 520 is just a release point. When any player, ATG or other comes out with a higher rating, the ATG will then jump to that max... 
    thing is with players so easy to pull this year and the fact that we’re near the end of the line, does it really make sense to “invest” at this point, esp considering the skills?!  
    edited November 2019
    bigvivec said:
    JCAM80 said:
    thing is with players so easy to pull this year and the fact that we’re near the end of the line, does it really make sense to “invest” at this point, esp considering the skills?!  
    the only reason I would want an ATG this year, at this stage in the game and knowing the costs involved, is for a potential keeper. 

It would be simply using up an inactive spot for the rest of the year
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Also if they gave the first two ATG's decent skills it would eliminate that revenue stream possibly if anyone both pulled the player and bothered to level them as you would be "set". It's not very different from all the poor skilled players being dumped into the pool since the update; if they give you what you want then you don't need to spend as much gold/time/money.
    @mythicaldragon did @blueleopard ever respond to your about the ATGs being release in the store for gold? Seems likes hes been posting on here a lot lately which is great, im glad hes become more involved but it seems like he just keeps dancing around the question. If ATGs are only going to be available through $ purchase at horrible odds and Coopertown Weekend rewards then we should be made aware of such. I dont see why they wouldn't release them in store, lots of 'suckers' out there are dying to get their hands on one and would gladly spending mountains and mountains of gold trying.

I think its safe to assume we wont at-least for the next little while, with Teddy already being released their was no way to obtain Jackie via boxes from the store through gold purchases. So likely this trend continues till black friday.
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    So from what I understand ATG, such as Teddy ballgame here, is reserved for just the big spenders now? That is just dividing the players into social classes and shows real low class & extreme greed by the decision makers that came to this decision.

Why wouldn't the person not being able to afford spending $1K+ on this game be able to have a shot at them? "The haves and the have-nots".
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

edited November 2019
    @Houmy yesterday you could buy 10 boxes for 49.99 with 1% odds to land him. Maybe it was 5% odds, I dont keep track anymore tbh. The only way to get those ATG boxes is through direct $ purchases or you get 3 boxes for winning a weekend event.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited November 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    @Houmy yesterday you could buy 10 boxes for 49.99 with 1% odds to land him. Maybe it was 5% odds, I dont keep track anymore tbh. The only way to get those ATG boxes is through direct $ purchases or you get 3 boxes for winning a weekend event.
    It was 1%. I triple checked. 

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but here are the different odds I’ve seen so far. 

Free boxes for Cooperstown club weekend rewards- 5%
    10 boxes for $49.99- 1%
    Treat box after spending 6,000 gold on Halloween boxes- 0.5% if you were lucky enough to get that box 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    It was 1%. I triple checked. 

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but here are the different odds I’ve seen so far. 

Free boxes for Cooperstown club weekend rewards- 5%
    10 boxes for $49.99- 1%
    Treat box after spending 6,000 gold on Halloween boxes- 0.5% if you were lucky enough to get that box 
    Looks correct, I got S/S of the box odds on both from yesterday

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Do it the mediocre skills of these guys seem to indicate that they will eventually be more available than they are currently?

It would seem logical to me that if these guys we’re going to be ultra rare and difficult to get that they would be more pumped up then they are currently
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    What is up with Glu's current obsession with the blowout skill?  It seems like 75% of all new legends and ATGs have it.
    edited November 2019
    What is up with Glu's current obsession with the blowout skill?  It seems like 75% of all new legends and ATGs have it.
    *puts on tin foil hat* 

because skills now activate and deactivate mid round on WOH?  In the words of a admiral from a movie that rhymes with far doors “It’s a trap!”
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Yeah I don’t really have much to add to this as you pretty much summed up my thoughts.   But i guess they are ok appealing to a select segment of players. I am completely ok with leveling 3 other legends and not having to worry about evo i suppose.   But having to wait this long and have them still not really available has just kinda sucked the life out of them for me. 

Keep in mind that the "select segment of players" constitutes the vast majority of the people who make this game profitable for Glu.  They're the whales, so it makes sense to cater to them.  But Glu does have to be careful not to alienate the rest of us.

As others have said, I am bummed Ted Williams is now an ATG with kinda crappy skills.  He was my favorite player in the last two versions of the game and I chased every version of him I could get my hands on.  But if I get this Ted, I'm not even sure I would level him given the cost and his WOH unfriendly skills -- and let's be honest, I'm never going to get him anyway, if he is reserved for Top 3 Cooperstown clubs. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    *puts on tin foil hat* 

because skills now activate and deactivate mid round on WOH?  In the words of a general from a movie that rhymes with far doors “It’s a trap!”
    Funny! In all seriousness, I'm fairly confident that the game mechanics didn't change and I don't think they'll change the rest of the year.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Because Glu doesn't view it as a top end skill -- they'll release legends with better skills later, to make you chase them.

I know some on here love blowout, but I'm not a huge fan.  Mostly because I prioritize WOH, and blowout is usually not active, and when it is, it presumably turns off right when you need the boost the most.   

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    For what it's worth, I have used guys with a blowout skill to consistently cycle HOF the last 3 weeks.  They cruise through 4.10, 5.10 and 6.8 without any problems (I have currently better guys for 6.9 and 6.10, or else I wouldn't hesitate to use someone with a blowout skill there either).  If the skill turns off (which I doubt), it hasn't impacted me in the slightest.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @mwilson829 i only struggle with 6.9 / 6.10 so still a bit hesitant to try blowout there. once i cycle enough on monday to cap boog, i'll try it out as my edmonds is about 50/50 on 6.10 with 80g boost.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    JCAM80 said:

I understand their max overalls will increase but they are also triple the lxp to level up, almost impossible to get, and their skills are mediocre. Not worth the cost to chase them. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @mythicaldragon did @blueleopard ever respond to your about the ATGs being release in the store for gold? 

No sir... @blueleopard did not 😕
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Because Glu doesn't view it as a top end skill -- they'll release legends with better skills later, to make you chase them.

I know some on here love blowout, but I'm not a huge fan.  Mostly because I prioritize WOH, and blowout is usually not active, and when it is, it presumably turns off right when you need the boost the most.   

I highly doubt that GLU understand what skills are MOST desirable or what they should put on ATG to make them attractive...I think they put skills on dice and roll them. 
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Reeces said:
    Metsicans said:

I highly doubt that GLU understand what skills are MOST desirable or what they should put on ATG to make them attractive...I think they put skills on dice and roll them. 
    that's what the want us to believe, but I think it is very premeditated. 
    Every time they release a bunch of higher ranked players, they add to each of them at least 1 skill that sucks and also the speed is usually pretty high. That way we chase those and a few weeks later they release a different version of the same player with better skills and lower speed, so we chase again.