New Skills

Comments

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Can't answer or won't answer?  I'm guessing it's the latter, because there's no good answer for why they *wouldn't* trigger on/off other than it being easier to code only one trigger.
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts

Great mysteries of the universe:

-Is there intelligent alien life in our universe?

-Does a Grand Unified Theory exist?

-Dark Matter

-Do skills activate / deactivate during WOH?

-What's with the stickers?

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Konerko and his blowout skill are still mowing down 4.10 and 5.10, so I haven't seen anything that would make me believe skills turn on/off mid-WOH round.
    Same here - Ozzie still taking down Verlander after his boost earlier without too much trouble - though tricker than before he was boosted to the highest stuff pitcher in the event!
  • CalNateCalNate Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    If anyone has experience with 1st pitch skill in WoH please share.  I’m so curious as to how the mechanics work.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Same here very curious 🤔
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    It was active with Eaton every time at the beginning of the at bat every time I noticed. I got several hits on the first pitch, but also fouled it off just as many and always managed to get the job done on 6-9. Can’t say if it stayed active or not. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Yep same here, well, not at 6-9 since I have Carew and Kruk, but he did work great in the middle.  I also have Eaton.
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've given it quite a bit more thought. 'Leadoff' is the best skill in the game overall for one player, but it's limited because it can only be used for one person during non woh-modes. It's great, however, because it's always active in WoH regardless of where the batter is placed(even as a sub). '1st pitch' gets my vote as the best overall skill in the game because I believe it's always on in WoH and in CvC, foul balls are not common. Either way, I love the new wrinkles.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:
    I also expected the 1st pitch to be on, but whether it turns off will be an interesting debate. Either way, I also love that skill. 

Would lead me to believe that with the update they've changed WOH so that skills activate/deactivate during the at bat.
    The existence of the hot batter or on fire skill, whatever it’s called would lead me to believe that as well.  
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Could one of you VIP's ask GLU what all these new skills mean and how they're useful? I can't imagine it's a big trade secret.
    DFBB said:
    I've given it quite a bit more thought. 'Leadoff' is the best skill in the game overall for one player, but it's limited because it can only be used for one person during non woh-modes. It's great, however, because it's always active in WoH regardless of where the batter is placed(even as a sub). '1st pitch' gets my vote as the best overall skill in the game because I believe it's always on in WoH and in CvC, foul balls are not common. Either way, I love the new wrinkles.
    So if you had it to do over @DFBB you would choose double ‘1st pitch’  or ‘leadoff’ for your vip counsel created legend?? 
    DFBB said:
    So if you had it to do over @DFBB you would choose double ‘1st pitch’  or ‘leadoff’ for your vip counsel created legend?? 
    :) Funny that you should ask....2x leadoff is my choice. It will always be on in all modes. If 'leadoff' wasn't available, I'd pick '1st pitch.'
    Hmmm interesting... Jw thanks 👍🏻
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Could one of you VIP's ask GLU what all these new skills mean and how they're useful? I can't imagine it's a big trade secret.

I don't understand why there isn't a User Manual online that would detail all of this.

This is a million-dollar game. There should be a game manual somewhere.

When I asked CS, they sent me here. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• pleeman11pleeman11 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts

I don't understand why there isn't a User Manual online that would detail all of this.

I assume there is no user manual because they believe that the process of figuring this stuff out via some kind of a community (like this forum) is part of the game. Even better from their perspective, hashing this stuff out is part of what builds the camaraderie with others that helps to keep you playing. I know many of said that they would stop playing or would have stopped playing sooner if it weren't for other guys they've come to know and like through this forum or in their club. I don't believe that's an accident.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    pleeman11 said:
    I assume there is no user manual because they believe that the process of figuring this stuff out via some kind of a community (like this forum) is part of the game. Even better from their perspective, hashing this stuff out is part of what builds the camaraderie with others that helps to keep you playing. I know many of said that they would stop playing or would have stopped playing sooner if it weren't for other guys they've come to know and like through this forum or in their club. I don't believe that's an accident.
    Yeah, I agree, but they can just tell us what the skills are and leave it to us to discuss and dissect. That's the real conversation anyway. I get what they're trying to do, but there comes a point where it's kind of annoying that we have to rely solely on word of mouth for a small bit of info that has wide-reaching implications. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I don’t think that there’s a manual because glu doesn’t know how it works yet. Some examples are skills in woh or season pennants. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    They had a list for 2018. It just needs to be updated and show the skill icons 

https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2018/?s=gameplay&f=what-are-player-skills&p=web
    The cs representative I spoke with about 42 didn’t know who he was or what the hell i was talking about. I imagine it’s not a whole lot different at glu headquarters when it comes to skills  🤔
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    All of these have come from CvC or from gifts. They are also coming from the cheap boxes 😂 I’ve pulled more legends in the past couple weeks spending no money. Than I ever have spending some 
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Has anyone compiled a list of all old and new skills. A picture of the symbol and a description of what they mean
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

They do.. it's just not updated (they have issues with updates).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Sorry someone may have mentioned this. But, is the new first pitch skill active for CvC despite the initial count being 3-2? I know it has been reported to be active for woh... 
    Yes it is on in cvc 
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    edited October 2019
    First pitch skill isn't active in later cvc/EB at bats for me. I tested by video restart on posada. But when you start CvC first pitch skills is active.

Bummer... I never noticed that today 😕⬆️
    First pitch skill isn't active in later cvc/EB at bats for me. I tested by video restart on posada. But when you start CvC first pitch skills is active.

Very, very disappointing. When EB made it's debut, the 'cvc' skill also didn't work for EB. I'm wondering if that is still the case. My gut tells me that this is EB-specific, but disappointing nonetheless. Ty for sharing.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited October 2019
    So hot hitter is either never on during WOH if skills don’t toggle or on as soon as you get your first if they do. Hmm...not sure what to do with Melky. Suppose @blueleopard would care to enlighten us on the topic of WOH skills toggling during a round ? Genie, I wish to know if skills toggle on and off during a WOH round ;-)
  • AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Anyone else have data points in that 1st pitch skill? Specifically if it's on all the way through CVCs... Trying to figure out who to level here. 😜
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    So hot hitter is either never on during WOH if skills don’t toggle or on as soon as you get your first if they do. Hmm...not sure what to do with Melky. Suppose @blueleopard would care to enlighten us on the topic of WOH skills toggling during a round ? Genie, I wish to know if skills toggle on and off during a WOH round ;-)
    Good luck on getting a response from @blueleopard I tried last week on the same exact question and he ghosted me.

Officially unfriended