Is this really a “good deal”

ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
Don’t you need to open 12 or 15 boxes for the “guarantee” and the “special ones” don’t count towards the timer for the normal boxes (when I clicked info button it said 0/15). So you would really need 4-5 of this deal to have a chance at the special players. And the “special boxes” aren’t sold in the store only as the $50 and $100 packages in the specials menu. So wtf?

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    That's 3,250 worth of gold plus the lxp, pxp, and helmets. Let's just call that another 1,000 gold as if you bought a mega lxp and pxp box, then round down 4k gold because 1k pxp from a mega pxp box doesn't exist. So, 4k gold for $10= 400% off in Glu math. I assume this is because the value of gold is directly related to the non-special gold purchases where $10=880 gold. In that sense, it's a "good deal." 

However, I agree that it isn't particularly worth it for me. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Even beyond the gold conversion value, the deal just doesn’t make sense in terms of what they are giving you. The thing that makes the boxes “special” is their guarantee on the 12th and 15th box open but the deal doesn’t include enough boxes to take advantage of that. So you would still need to spend another $50 or $100 in the specials menu to get more of the special boxes. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    You're thinking too in depth, dude. It's just a $10 special with gold and boxes 😂 I don't think they're trying to be special at all.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jrichmanesqjrichmanesq Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    “400% off”? This sort of innumeracy from the folks setting the odds on the boxes is kind of terrifying. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    “400% off”? This sort of innumeracy from the folks setting the odds on the boxes is kind of terrifying. 
    If your bank is “fifth third” I question your ability to think about math. The logo is a fraction with the words. It isn’t 5 thirds, it’s 1/5 thirds. They say they are 166% better, but 1/5 thirds is only 6% so yeah. I don’t trust them with my money 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Bahaha @Bigpredfan I never noticed that about fifth thirds bank but now I’m never gonna stop thinking about it when working on clients who use that bank
    There is a difference between five thirds and fifth third. Seeing as how 5 is a whole number and a fifth is just 0.2. It’s been on my mind for years 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Sounds like you should write them a letter to get this off of your chest. Are you sleeping in at night? If not maybe this is why 
    2003cobra said:
    Sounds like you should write them a letter to get this off of your chest. Are you sleeping in at night? If not maybe this is why 
    As crazy as things can be in this country, I might win a lawsuit if I sue for false advertising. Then I could type in fancy colors in global