New schedule for next week. Weekend royale is here!!

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It wouldn’t shock me if woh ran the whole time.   The catch to that besides the prize would be it would probably accumulate club points slower than Bonus games and tourneys.  Similar to the way Royale is set up now.   Woh is more for the individual benefit where as the other modes are more team driven.  I think doing this helps appease all types of players.   But yeah I’m not expecting an awesome prize or a bunch of Lxp/PXP from woh but having it run the whole time wouldn’t surprise me.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    No way weekend woh/Royale will be worth multi cycling. Rewards will be lame... Hope I’m wrong 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For people that are armed with legends at every position of course Royale WoH is going to be lame or it would become very difficult for the average guy that isn’t on these forums that might have a few legends a few primes and has gaping holes in their lineups.  I think people here lose some perspective sometimes as our teams in many cases are top 1-10% in the game and then wonder why the WoH guy sucks for them.  They likely will allow it to run all weekend, with the top prize being like it was in early Royale (a few of the boxes going at the time and some exp,).  Yeah that might mean somebody might rack up quite a few boxes but as we head into the offseason their purse strings tend to open up a bit.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Royale WoH was so hit or miss for me over the last 3 months anyway, even the last 2 being diamond so it's nice to get some club points towards an event grinding BG's and tourney's on the days I can do it the most. Not sure WoH has to be resource plenty for Royale to make a difference on the weekend. I'm optimistic the whole thing won't suck.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    People will still buy bonus players, so they aren’t too worried about it. 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Jesus, karski.. at least let our fun be ruined on Friday when we're cock slapped in the mouth by reality and we're shown a woh event that doesn't last all weekend 😒
    😂😂😂😂
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I think that another thing to look at is field pass. Many people probably buy it during the week for woh purposes which works for both woh events. Now people might might it both times to get the leveling discount for each woh event. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    FP for the weekend has slightly gained value if the Royale format still contains a guaranteed player.  The thing I don’t care much for is that Thursday was BG day and leveling discount event and now it’s another sprint event. I detest the prime event lol, so I guess no more leveling discounts because I really can’t bring myself to spend gold for energy refreshes coupled with being a small club.  I guess everything is kinda a wait and see what they do with it approach then can go from there.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @redlegs2018u I was wondering that myself. Looking at the now updated rewards for Wednesday, it does show the leveling discount accolade. So it appears the bonus games event will still determine weekend leveling discount.

EDIT: Just noticed weekend rewards were cut way back. The gold is 1800 for 1st instead of 5400 and also about 1/2 or 1/3 of the premium XP. Hope that’s a mistake!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @redlegs2018u I was wondering that myself. Looking at the now updated rewards for Wednesday, it does show the leveling discount accolade. So it appears the bonus games event will still determine weekend leveling discount.

EDIT: Just noticed weekend rewards were cut way back. The gold is 1800 for 1st instead of 5400 and also about 1/2 or 1/3 of the premium XP. Hope that’s a mistake!
    OR...new WoH format includes more resources! I mean, that's what I'll hope for bahahhaha...
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Lol yep!!!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Interesting that it now says in the game news that they are changing it up for this week only and will be back to regular event cadence next week.  

So it appears that Royale weekend isn't intended right now as a permanent arrival.  My guess is that they just want to test the waters this weekend and see how it goes, but I found it interesting, not in a good way, that they flat out said that normal event schedule would return next week. 

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

aaaaaaaannnnd its gone........

They probably saw how few boxes were bought today and attributed it to BG on Wednesday instead of the absolute crapola inside the boxes

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Interesting that it now says in the game news that they are changing it up for this week only and will be back to regular event cadence next week.  

So it appears that Royale weekend isn't intended right now as a permanent arrival.  My guess is that they just want to test the waters this weekend and see how it goes, but I found it interesting, not in a good way, that they flat out said that normal event schedule would return next week. 

Trash
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I have to think that Prime sprint events are highly profitable for GLU.  I can't think of any other reason that they insist on running this sinfully boring event 5 out of 7 days of the week.  

Trash
    To take a guess, they are full realizing the ramifications of a weekend long Royale (easily cycle capped Prime player, abundant resource acquisition), and they don't have any real plan on how to dial it back.  So they're going to walk back the plans on weekend Royale instead.  Enjoy it this weekend,  it'll probably be gone for awhile and then back eventually when they can figure out a way to water down resource acquisition for the weekend.  Just a theory.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

They could limit WoH to 12 hours each day for the three days. 

Honestly, I'm expecting a crappy player as the reward this weekend due to the statement above.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I do not have high Hope's at all for this.     After not playing at all today 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts

Trash
    To take a guess, they are full realizing the ramifications of a weekend long Royale (easily cycle capped Prime player, abundant resource acquisition), and they don't have any real plan on how to dial it back.  So they're going to walk back the plans on weekend Royale instead.  Enjoy it this weekend,  it'll probably be gone for awhile and then back eventually when they can figure out a way to water down resource acquisition for the weekend.  Just a theory.  
    No.  We literally just wanted to try a different cadence to see how it would impact daily login behavior across all levels of players.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @blueleopard read the posts my friend, this is a bad idea. You guys will kill the game.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @blueleopard

So just to clarify, Royale weekend is not going to be a permanent thing?
    Not sure about you guys but I don’t have any bonus games to play since I’m used to doing tourneys or woh on Wednesday’s to earn them for Thursday.  So tourneys it is today. 
    2003cobra said:
    Not sure about you guys but I don’t have any bonus games to play since I’m used to doing tourneys or woh on Wednesday’s to earn them for Thursday.  So tourneys it is today. 
    As a Diamond player I try to keep a few hundred bonus games in reserve.  I make sure I have both enough cash for tourneys and BGs so I can do either for Royale.  Outside of Royale and BG day, I usually do one full tourney, then 1 BG.  I set my second best starter as my #5 so he gets the semis of the tourney and then my ace always pitches the finals.  I don't lose tourneys often,  but this helps minimize it more.  
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    As a Diamond player I try to keep a few hundred bonus games in reserve.  I make sure I have both enough cash for tourneys and BGs so I can do either for Royale.  Outside of Royale and BG day, I usually do one full tourney, then 1 BG.  I set my second best starter as my #5 so he gets the semis of the tourney and then my ace always pitches the finals.  I don't lose tourneys often,  but this helps minimize it more.  
    Ice wraps...?
    @Wicked0Wildcats my post was a little sarcastic. I blew through my bonus games yesterday when I was bored and kept none in reserve-I didn’t really plan this out. I guess that without a bonus guy from weds woh to score my points on bonus game Thursday then I dont really care about the bonus game event. I’m still going to have to do tourneys to earn more games tonight. Or I can watch college basketball instead. Decisions decisions 
    @Haraycaray I do mine a little different. I have my 5th starter as my worst pitcher. 2-4 play the first 3 tourney games 5 plays a bonus game and that puts my ace in the final. No wraps used and hardly ever lose
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    @blueleopard

So just to clarify, Royale weekend is not going to be a permanent thing?
    As of right now, no.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Tell them to make it Private. Thats why the function exists.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    U on the right thread Blue? The world is burning down on the cool down thread - flag that one for review please.......
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    As I told DFBB when he discussed it with me earlier, my main support of the change stems from the fact that CS receives beyond numerous complaints about random people joining their clubs, committing foul play, and getting the entire club banned and leaving the club just in time to not suffer any consequences.  This is about as gamebreaking as any of the complaints in this thread.

Other than that, I empathize resource building and I've flagged this thread for our devs to look at.  In any case, it'll be a "watch and see" approach. 
    I appreciate the insight. This unfortunately feels like mass punishment, punish everyone just to get the few that deserve it. That's rarely a good strategy; it works in basic training or down range because you can piss everyone off into beating the piss out of the idiot that's messing up, but this isn't the military and we can't do that virtually. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71