WoH/boxes for 11-4-19: Bleeding blue and #42

Comments

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Anyone care to post a pic for those on delay?
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Hi glu, a left handed hitter would be nice.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Did i miss the memo where every legend hitter has to be a RHB with a VS LHP skill?
    It only took 30 minutes for this argument to get stronger
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Figured I’d take a shot at Jackie pulled this guy.! Happy to finally see Jackie in the store 😬
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Anyone care to post a pic for those on delay?
    Does delay even do anything anymore since they went to the 3 tier club system?

@Wicked0Wildcats No idea.  But when the club says delay, I delay.
    Guess I'm just cycling for LXP today.  Did anyone ever figure out what the most cost effective level is to take a legend that you intend to trade in?  
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I think someone said B6-B8, but don’t know if that was a sure thing @mwilson829
    It's just so hard to stay excited about this game when the top level prize of every box and every WOH is basically the same guy: a RHB with 2 of the following skills: vs LHP, blowout, on base, close.  And in all likelihood, he probably plays 1B, 3B or SS.  Meh.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    To be fair, isn't this the first legend 3B released on HOF this year? First one I remember.

Still useless for me as I have Prime Sig Rendon at 500 max already but for anyone who missed on prime sig Rendon or Bregman this might be a substantial upgrade. 
    edited November 2019
    To be fair, isn't this the first legend 3B released on HOF this year? First one I remember.

Still useless for me as I have Prime Sig Rendon at 500 max already but for anyone who missed on prime sig Rendon or Bregman this might be a substantial upgrade. 
    Max 520 Eddie Mathews (LHB, but skills are vs. RHP and on base) was the top box prize the weekend before last.  Not a HOF reward, I know, but a lot of people chased him.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Anybody have the last 4
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    reports are it's the same as last week. i'm on 6.9 right now, and that's correct so far
    Sure love when the video retry doesn't work and I have to spend 480 gold in lieu of watching a video.
    Last 5 are all RHP
    Man, I forgot how liberating it is not to be worrying all day on Mondays about needing to hurry through the next cycle to ensure I finish the cycle cap.  Not sure Glu really wants me to remember how nice this feels.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    oh good another legened I already have with different skills that I cant level because I already leveled the legend with the skills that are different from the legend that's here.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

edited November 2019
    I came into today fully expecting to spend it cycle capping the HOF reward.  

After seeing yet another poor skill reward, Level 6 continuing to be structured in a way that avoids the previous HOF rewards being useful, typical failed video retrys and 4 gold retries to get through Thigpen, I quickly decided that this is not how I want to spend my Monday.  
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I came into today fully expecting to spend it cycle capping the HOF reward.  

After seeing yet another poor skill reward, Level 6 continuing to be structured in a way that avoids the previous HOF rewards being useful, typical failed video retrys and 4 gold retries to get through Thigpen, I quickly decided that this is not how I want to spend my Monday.  

(me coming on here to see if perhaps HOF difficulty changed at all)
     No field  pass today. Maybe next week
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    wow, I just bought a 400 gold box and pulled Piazza. Like it has been said, they haven't even fixed the odds in the cheap box so who knows what the legend odds are. I guess pretty high since I've seen a lot of Piazza pulls from that box today. Not complaining though. I wasn't going to chase him but since I got him he will replace "my legend".
    Got this gem upon completing 4-10.  Then later, finally got a video retry to work, only to actually watch the video and have it still just go right back to the continue screen asking me to pay gold or watch a video, after which I tapped the video, but it wouldn't load again, then went back to the beginning after tapping "no thanks".  (Oh, but it still counted as using my video, of course, because the option wasn't there the next time).  

Had it with this crap today.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Glad it’s a position I don’t need, I’ll casually play to level some guys I pulled, was hoping we would see a second baseman today
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I boosted Eddie Matthews this weekend to 17 and 15 in skills. Beat Thigpen first try. Started me out with six straight curves, then I scored 7 straight with two outs. Time for a nap.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Does anyone have an updated pitching lineup for the Royal event? Are they changing weekly? 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Not only are they changing weekly, they changed that mofo last week in the middle of the damn day. I don't even remember what it is now. DFBB's chart thread likely has the update, including last week's frickery.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Today's HoF is the same as last week and it's in the announcements.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    spooman said:
    Does anyone have an updated pitching lineup for the Royal event? Are they changing weekly? 
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/5454227/all-things-charts-and-helpful-tidbits/p1
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    spooman said:
    I'm guessing given it will be a somewhat new event, i'd expect new pitchers but dont know for sure
    Have our WOH opponents always been wearing the same uniform as our team regardless of the team they are/were on?