WoH/boxes for 11-4-19: Bleeding blue and #42

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    What took you so long to cycle cap @retirepujols ???
    I can't do it like you animals. Once the 7th or 8th cycle is finished, my brain melts. I did 11 today, but I think I'll forever start from d3 the rest of the way. 😵 Respect to you guys that bust out 20 cycles 🤮
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    😬😬😬
    You act like you have great luck but the reality is that you pay Glu's biweekly salary by spending $300 worth of gold every day. That's not impressive at all 
    He probably wasn’t trying to impress you like you are Shania Twain. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I changed my mind and went for it today.  I'm too embarrassed to even say the disgusting amount of gold that went into getting him capped, but he's my new starting 3B nonetheless.

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    😬😬😬
    You act like you have great luck but the reality is that you pay Glu's biweekly salary by spending $300 worth of gold every day. That's not impressive at all 
    Who invited the buzzkill.
    $300 a day?  I wish I made enough coin to afford that.  I haven't even spent $300 on every mobile game I've ever played combined, I'm far too cheap.  (Not begrudging anyone who does!)
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @TheLegend17 actually I spend noooo where near close to that amount. I wish! 😂 I have saved tons of gold only spending when it benefits my team. I watch videos 24/7 and sure I spend money.... but that’s none of ur business 😉
    Go hate somewhere else... 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts

My first legend cycle cap. Spent about 17k gold on leveling, boosts and restarts. Only about 10% of my gold stash anyway. Well worth it!
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I can't do it like you animals. Once the 7th or 8th cycle is finished, my brain melts. I did 11 today, but I think I'll forever start from d3 the rest of the way. 😵 Respect to you guys that bust out 20 cycles 🤮
    I thought I got 12 in but realized it was 13 after counting up my #1 draft picks. It's an all day grind, not sure how @DFBB goes through 21 in a day. My brain is fried every Monday.

I know people that can't cycle hof won't like this comment but it really does feel like a chore to cycle cap but it's the only way a free to play guy can load up on lxp, which is vital at this stage of the game if you want your team to stay at the front end of the strength curve
    😬😬😬
    He probably wasn’t trying to impress you like you are Shania Twain. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    criffy said:
    I thought I got 12 in but realized it was 13 after counting up my #1 draft picks. It's an all day grind, not sure how @DFBB goes through 21 in a day. My brain is fried every Monday.

I know people that can't cycle hof won't like this comment but it really does feel like a chore to cycle cap but it's the only way a free to play guy can load up on lxp, which is vital at this stage of the game if you want your team to stay at the front end of the strength curve
    100% right........felt good to take a day off today.  Total chore lately.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Between cycle capping Cey and using lxp to cap Mathews I will most likely be forced to not cycle cap next week, which I view as a positive and what I did when Belle was reward. Last night was harsh the second half, just no love from Rube in the late hours...
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Finished it out four times last night. I'm stashing the extra LxP as I already have Matthews at 3B

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    criffy said:

100% right........felt good to take a day off today.  Total chore lately.
    Just cycled for lxp and not even that many cycles.  Felt good as well as months of the same thing wears on ya
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I think the biggest frustration for me right now is that the value of completing HOF is HUGE...and the value of completing All-Star, just one level lower, is nearly worthless.

Id love to see them make PXP the reward there rather than just the BXP....but heck, I’d settle for a greater chance, and amount of PXP in the box you get.

there is nearly no value in completing these if you can’t complete HOF
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I think the biggest frustration for me right now is that the value of completing HOF is HUGE...and the value of completing All-Star, just one level lower, is nearly worthless.

Id love to see them make PXP the reward there rather than just the BXP....but heck, I’d settle for a greater chance, and amount of PXP in the box you get.

I also don't think it's fair that such an important event is on a day where many are working, but maybe that's how they want it. In particular, if you're diamond and you don't have time to cycle HoF, you'll quicky fall behind.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

You get a decent amount of the most valuable and scarce resource in the game for completing HOF.....and then get a 25% CHANCE (!!!!!) at getting a nearly insignificant amount of the second most rare resource in game. 

It's just such a bizarre leap in reward level.  And hugely effects the mid-level players in this game.

The First Week Allstar had a slightly better prize then classic.  I want to say it was version of Eric Hosmer but I cant remember.  Ever since then they have been the same except one is harder.  Maybe some choose All star because its more of challenge and they cant quite do HOF but I imagine thats just a handful of the thousands of users that play this game.   If they arent gonna make Allstar better then classic, they should just remove it.   And yeah when you dont have the time or resources to cycle cap HOF, monday just isnt the same.  
    there there are a multitude of ways to solve the issue of reward disparity, many that I think are valid.  But it needs to be resolved.  It’s one of the most glaring issues in their signature event 
    there there are a multitude of ways to solve the issue of reward disparity, many that I think are valid.  But it needs to be resolved.  It’s one of the most glaring issues in their signature event 
    It's not an issue to Glu. They want you chasing legends and making pxp available anywhere outside of where it is already available disrupts that.
    It's not an issue to Glu. They want you chasing legends and making pxp available anywhere outside of where it is already available disrupts that.
    I disagree entirely… What you’re talking about is the incrementalism of players that are close enough that would need to spend money to get over the hump

what you are doing by making those mid-level resources scarce… Is limited in the number of players that get into that realm
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m in that subset of players that can take a face roll on classic, would do well vs All Star but doesn’t feel it’s worth the time, and can win at HoF but not at the level needed to cycle cap those legends.  If I felt that the other events in the week were just unimportant I’d just convert all my gold into lxp, but I want to play on what used to be Royale on Wednesday and BGs on Thursday so I’m spending resources on PotW equivalent boxes to that end.  If I could afford to buy FP every week that would bridge the gap a bit but since I can’t gaining those resources is a bit difficult.  It puts my team in an awkward position.  The content I can win is so trivial I want to gouge out my eyes but can’t get the premium resources in enough quantities to really make a run at HoF to cycle the 10-13 wins I would need week to week to keep going in that arena.  
    I’m in that subset of players that can take a face roll on classic, would do well vs All Star but doesn’t feel it’s worth the time, and can win at HoF but not at the level needed to cycle cap those legends.  If I felt that the other events in the week were just unimportant I’d just convert all my gold into lxp, but I want to play on what used to be Royale on Wednesday and BGs on Thursday so I’m spending resources on PotW equivalent boxes to that end.  If I could afford to buy FP every week that would bridge the gap a bit but since I can’t gaining those resources is a bit difficult.  It puts my team in an awkward position.  The content I can win is so trivial I want to gouge out my eyes but can’t get the premium resources in enough quantities to really make a run at HoF to cycle the 10-13 wins I would need week to week to keep going in that arena.  
    I think is a pretty good description of alot of people.  Well said
    I disagree entirely… What you’re talking about is the incrementalism of players that are close enough that would need to spend money to get over the hump

what you are doing by making those mid-level resources scarce… Is limited in the number of players that get into that realm
    You don't think Glu wants you to chase legends?!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

I think they want you to chase legends for sure, but I think they want you to chase LXP more. I am finding it easier to get players than LXP this year by far. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    These boxes have been great! 1 box yesterday got Piazza. 2 from CvC today netted Welch and Jansen! Keep em coming, Glu👍🏼
    edited November 2019

Oh, I absolutely agree

the point I’m trying to make is that players that are 1-2 Legends away from getting there are far more likely to spend the money to get there vs the players that are 3-5 away

i would drop $250 today if I thought it got me to HOF cycling territory.  But as it stands, that still only gets me halfway...thus spending the money is a waste
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    This is one of a few of excellent comments, @redlegs2018u. I'm in the same position you are. It seems like the game made a conscious decision to focus all late-year progress on the players who were cycling HOF early on in the game. It isn't against them and what they've built for themselves, but those who started later in the year or are new to the game would have needed a detailed road map from the start to accomplish that. Since the difficulty of HOF has increased, the window of opportunity closed off, thus keeping later-starters out of the running. 

What they have set up with All-Star right now is total nonsense. Why would I put in more work for the same reward? Gotta believe it once had a different vision. Maybe they'll do something with it soon. A pxp reward would be great, because at least then I can work to continue building my team. There isn't a finish line in the game, so building is really all we're doing. I'm ok with that, but I don't have the opportunity to do that anymore. 
    Well said.  The lack of mid-level reward means I, as a late starter, can’t get there.  Thus reducing my incentive to spend money on the game.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m not even crying poor here, it’s just an outsized risk vs reward equation.  Thankfully I’m diamond and at least can throw time at things and can win at HoF I just don’t feel like winning even 5 or 6 times is worth the aggravation when it’s a 6 level tower that even with only moderate resistance takes me about an hour to complete (my fastest HoF clear time ironically came two weeks ago at around 52 minutes only needing a video restart vs Cole.) 

I know some of my frustration is burnout as even though last season for some of the vets around here remember the Diaz/Neris fiascos I was still enjoying myself back then and while it was awful I banged my head against the wall (had around a 6-7% success rate, had two days where I had over 30 attempts at them without winning.). All Star like others have said has potential if they would just use it.  (Good prime with 7500 for example extra pxp).  The fact it’s appreciably more difficult than classic for 4% better odds at the box is quite frankly ridiculous.  /rant off
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I only wish that I had the choice to play every Monday. I was able to get 3 cycles in even though I worked 2-11. That being said I will take advantage of Monday’s as much as possible. This week will be my second cycle cap in hof and I feel that rewards are great. To be able to walk away with a capped legend plus more lxp than when I started is huge to me. Even if you don’t cycle cap and only get a few in it’s still worth it for the xp. To me it’s the only way to really be competitive at the diamond level. But I’m sure that I would get tired of doing 15 cycles every week like others on the forum.