"Live Boost"

TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
Am I an idiot or is live boost not actually working? I'm guessing it's glu who is the idiot here... Shocker... Morons 

Comments

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Yeah I got a notification on my phone and went to see, but there's nothing.  Back to watching this terrible football game.
    Just no.  
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    If your favorite MLB team is playing tonight, your live boost increases from 15 to 20%. A jam-packed slate of games so really need to take advantage. At this point, you almost have to respect Glu's commitment to trolling.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I would like to think this was intentional but the reality is that these developers are in the bottom 5% of mobile devs. If I was as bad at my job as these idiots, I would have been fired 2 years ago. How they are still employed says so much about this company. 
    Nothing. No comments. Wtf. This community should be pissed, yet nobody seems to care 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Nothing. No comments. Wtf. This community should be pissed, yet nobody seems to care 
    I’ve got more important things in life I could be pissed about if I chose to be.  This game ain’t gonna get me upset anymore. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I wasn't expecting any live boosts to begin with 🤷🏻‍♂️ My expectations were met.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Sad but idiots acknowledge that this company is ridiculous yet keep spending money. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Heck if you're going to live boost zero games, go nuts and make it a 50% boost.  
  • oomartin123oomartin123 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I'm confused, why would there be a live boost? No games are live...the season is over. I was under the impression live boosts were for when the team you selected as your favorite was playing, which none are. Doesnt make much sense to talk bad about the developers on this one...I think they do a pretty good job overall.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

The point of the OP is that this is something that should not have been advertised, period. Feels like another troll from a company that makes millions from a mobile game. I've only been playing a few months, and the list of things that have been sold to players that haven't been followed through on is long.

I enjoy the game, but I also know that my days of spending any money on it are done until I need to spend a couple bucks blocking ads in 2020.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Meh, it's nothing so severe to expect the community to be up in arms about. They just didn't give us something we weren't supposed to have anyways. I understand it's another gaffe, but it's a minor gaffe. I'll live with these, and rip them on the major blunders. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited November 2019
    It isn't anything to freak out about, but I definitely don't think the concept can only be used when games are being played. It wouldn't take the most creative people on earth to come up with fun reasons to turn on a live boost for a few hours. 

That said, if that's how they choose to activate live boost (during games only), then alright. Maybe they were just testing something. If it leads to future live boosts working better, I'm happy to sacrifice my scant disappointment that it wasn't on last night. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Meh, it's nothing so severe to expect the community to be up in arms about. They just didn't give us something we weren't supposed to have anyways. I understand it's another gaffe, but it's a minor gaffe. I'll live with these, and rip them on the major blunders. 
    These were the kind of things that would maybe annoy me before but not anymore.   An explanation would be ideal but they rarely admit their own screwups on these so I just move on
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It’s back!
    Just something about November baseball that makes them extra generous with the boosts!

Maybe they're coming out with Dominican Winter League teams.  I'll gladly switch over to get that boost for Royale WOH this weekend.  
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Honest question: is it possible that they don’t realize that “supercharging” live boost is utterly useless when there isn’t any live boost in the first place? 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    maybe they don’t realize that the season is over. Are people really manually playing prime games? How about doing this during woh when we r manually playing the game. Talk about out of touch 
    It doesn’t work with manual play either. I manually played an inning to see if the boost wasn’t on, and it wasn’t. Then I started a new game, used the video boost to see if that somehow triggered the “supercharged” live boost, manually played the first inning and saw it didn’t. 
    Look, is it a huge deal?  No, it's not a huge deal.  

But when you're a large well-known developer and publisher of mobile games, it's a bad look.  It's sloppy, and makes you look sloppy.  Tighten these little things up.  They do confuse your paying players.  

Mistakes happen.  But this is one that, if it ever occurs, should be one time, the time that you fix it.  This isn't something that should be happening twice in a week.  
    And certainly don’t send out a push notification to all your users highlighting a “supercharged” boost that doesn’t actually exist.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Just something about November baseball that makes them extra generous with the boosts!

Maybe they're coming out with Dominican Winter League teams.  I'll gladly switch over to get that boost for Royale WOH this weekend.  
    Estrellas Orientales all the way!!!!
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Could just be me but my c vs c scores seemed really nerfed right now
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I’m not sure if the developers even know what baseball is. Has there ever been an event that would tell you they do. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Glu doesn't care.  This has to be obvious to everyone.  They don't fix the CVC panning glitch, the weird WOH glitches, and all the other little things wrong with the game because they don't care. They feed us the same boxes over and over (different pictures/names attached to players with virtually the same skills).  They institute a cooldown timer and tell us it's to make the game better, like we're too stupid to associate the sale of EVO with them taking EVO hunting away. 

They simply do not care.  And why?  Because we all keep playing the game anyway.  Even today, I will be watching vids like mad, generating revenue and screen time for Glu, despite my frustration.  Until people like me quit this addictive game, the trend of player unfriendly changes will only continue.

• RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I can live with most things GLU does but GREAT SCOTT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THE TRIPLE PLAY IN WOH.