Left Handed Legends

ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
Where are the left handed legends? Can't get them from a box and can't win them in WOH. When they happen to appear they're given skills like double blowout and 1st pitch. As a left handed Tapper, baseball fan and kid star, I feel slighted. SHOW ME THE LEFTIES!
Prev1

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I got switch-hitting Posada early on, he's 450 but has reasonable skills for woh. Not great. Then I got the less god-like Edmonds (470, vs RHP/RISP) and Brett (same as Edmonds). I got Mathews when he was the top guy in that box (520, vs. RHP, man on). He's a beast. Even if I got another top-shelf lefty, I probably need another month to level him. I enjoy the double-edged sword of needing a top-end lefty or four to cycle HOF because I need a top-end lefty or four and a truck-ton of lxp and I can't get it in bulk anywhere else. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Kruk, Edmonds 2.0, Buckner, Boog, Mathews. What more do you want?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Kruk, Edmonds 2.0, Buckner, Boog, Mathews. What more do you want?
    Just one to be the Hof reward every now and again 🥺
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Do you mean these guys?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Mike 2.0 is the 50k FR today!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    The problem with the HOF rewards for silver and gold level players is that it's behind the front end of the curve. At gold, 520 max guy works out much better than a 500 guy as your finisher.

Don't get me wrong, I'll cycle cap all day long for the lxp, but at this point, the 500 max rewards are marginal upgrades on my roster.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Dang. Only 44k short. 
    edited November 2019
    Missed out on Mathews, Powell, and Kruk. Are Edmonds or Posada worth leveling as lefty closer ? Had some success using “one skill” righty against Fergie when keeper Hoz failed consistently. Would Bench work as closer against righty ?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Missed out on Mathews, Powell, and Kruk. Are Edmonds or Posada worth leveling as lefty closer ? Had some success using righty against Fergie when keeper Hoz failed consistently. Would Bench work as closer against righty ?
    Edmonds 100%
    @COWPILEY i have bench on my inactives, he's not a priority to level up for me, as I've got Kiner ready to go if they change 6.8-6.10 to righties.

Are you playing at gold or diamond? Assuming gold given your lack of gold mentioned above, which is where I am. I used Edmonds as my finisher yesterday, until I was able to level Boog for the last two cycles. Edmonds mostly did the job outside of one cycle of RNG hell, but I have his skills up to 14/13.
    Thanks @criffy. I am indeed gold. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I'm gold, and I didn't have much luck with Edmonds yesterday, skills at 13/13.  He went 2-6 on 6.10, not good enough when you're trying to cycle quickly and cheaply.  I switched to Mathews even though he only had one active skill to start the round, and he went 3-3.  At Gold, I feel like the 520s are the best bet to beat 6.9 and 6.10 even if the skills don't align perfectly.   
    Metsicans said:
    I'm gold, and I didn't have much luck with Edmonds yesterday, skills at 13/13.  He went 2-6 on 6.10, not good enough when you're trying to cycle quickly and cheaply.  I switched to Mathews even though he only had one active skill to start the round, and he went 3-3.  At Gold, I feel like the 520s are the best bet to beat 6.9 and 6.10 even if the skills don't align perfectly.   
    I'd say thats probably fair, basically the lower the tier, the higher OVR guy you need to win consistently
    Ugh ! Thanks @Metsicans. Food for thought. Wish I had a 520 lefty. That’s why was thinking about maybe using one skill 520 righty
    @COWPILEY your edmonds with skills of 12/12+ would definitely be better than a 520 righty with one active skill, but given the pace of the game this year, edmonds may be obselete within a month whereas there should be some decent shelf life on a 520 guy.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Who is Mike 2.0 and how did you find this out ?
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Should we take bets on what skills he has?  I'm guessing he has at least one of Blowout or On Base (and possibly both).
    criffy said:
    The problem with the HOF rewards for silver and gold level players is that it's behind the front end of the curve. At gold, 520 max guy works out much better than a 500 guy as your finisher.

Don't get me wrong, I'll cycle cap all day long for the lxp, but at this point, the 500 max rewards are marginal upgrades on my roster.
    You guys can cap box legends far easier than us diamond gents, hence the need for a good lefty every once in a while 😭 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Rippers said:
    DFBB said:
    Based on the cvc bonus players that are posted, Mike Scioscia is the only legend not in the box so he is likely the fan reward
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Should we take bets on what skills he has?  I'm guessing he has at least one of Blowout or On Base (and possibly both).
    Was I right or was I right?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Rippers said:
    DFBB said:
    Based on the cvc bonus players that are posted, Mike Scioscia is the only legend not in the box so he is likely the fan reward
    His skills better suck otherwise we know where Glu's head is at still given all the feedback I am sure they're bearing witness to.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    you forgot Brett...the Unicorn lefty..

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

i mean my post was made 2 months ago pre-Brett :D
    EH...its still george..

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    BSD Brett had his nuts cut off. Thank goodness I have Yogi now. Now we all need a 560 righty

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

BSD Brett had his nuts cut off. Thank goodness I have Yogi now. Now we all need a 560 righty
    Your Brett sounds vastly different than mine 😂
    He just wanted to have something to bitch about.

Lol. No I’m being serious. He’s still great as a closer until Level 6. I still use him for 6.8. Use Yogi for 6.9

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Lol. No I’m being serious. He’s still great as a closer until Level 6. I still use him for 6.8. Use Yogi for 6.9
    bruh then all of my players don't have balls my 6.10 finisher istrout
    I’m not establishing the intestinal fortitude of anyone else’s BSD guys but my own.