Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited November 2019 in General TSB Discussion
😬

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13456712

Comments

• BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    For the sake of club cohesiveness, or so they say.  Whatever the reason, in begins less than 24hrs from now.  Makes it impossible to leave one club after an even and join another before the next event with 12 hours between.  Thoughts?
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    As someone who has been with the same club for a year and a half, I fully support this change.  B)
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Just posted same, lol
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Glu can suck my 🤬 with this bull💩
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    this is going to kill the game for lots of high level players. the only way to gather enough resources when you're not d6 cycling (even they have their own lxp issues) is to club hop. evo is never available enough for gold teams  - sorry, while i cycle slugfest multiple times a week, the 12 evo per cycle aint gonna cut it.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    This kills the game, Diamond player relay on loyalty boxes every day, so what 50 boxes and thats it? Nope. This wont last.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    This will likely be the end for me. I’ll see how it goes, but I’m not a fan of this. 
    I already don't earn the event rewards if I choose to hop and help people/bounce around. If the problem is CVC sniping- those babies need to make their club private and/or be better. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigjay148bigjay148 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    It’s their attempt to stop clubs from resetting, IMO, which they have tried to stop several times. It’s BS. But at least I’ll get to spend my money somewhere else now, like on better whiskey!
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    This will kill the .5 discount on weekend... Sorry to say.. but this shi$ is another stupid idea that's going drive more people away.
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Bigburg said:
    For the sake of club cohesiveness, or so they say.  Whatever the reason, in begins less than 24hrs from now.  Makes it impossible to leave one club after an even and join another before the next event with 12 hours between.  Thoughts?
    Thats the biggest thing.   
    edited November 2019
    If people want to stay in the same club all day every day, then cool. Let me bounce around and play with different clubs and different people as I see fit. 🖕 Every person involved in draining every last drop of fun and freedom from this game. 
    Twelve hours seems a little draconian, but this is long overdue. If people want to jump from club to club, then cool, but clubs have always been a big part of the game, and the current format overly rewards those who aren't loyal to (or leaders of) a specific club.
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

This hurts the game WAAAAAAAY more then it fixes any "issue"   The one GOOD thing out of this update was the all weekend royale, which they are going to give to us for ONE weekend......and I bet they will limit the HELL out of WOH.

Along with the shitastic boxes today, this has just been one huge middle finger to use from Glu today

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This makes my club very cohesive. To a club of 1 person. Dang. Can’t even join a new club between events. 

If you get booted it screws you over for over a whole day, not just 12 hours 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I don't think they fully realize how much they are changing the game.  Say goodbye to:

1)  EVO hunting 
    2)  CvsC sniping
    3)  Points for gifts
    4)  Points for CvsC rounds 
    5)  Charity points
    6)  Reset clubs 

Just the things off the top of my head.  They are taking away so many of the little things that made the game fun for people.

This is a bad idea.  There is going to be major, major blowback with this.  
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    This kills the game, Diamond player relay on loyalty boxes every day, so what 50 boxes and thats it? Nope. This wont last.
    My hunch is the timer gets lessened in the not so distant future 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    12 hours is too much to just address CvC sniping. 1-2 hours would have been sufficient for that. Must be something else. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    time to concentrate on mario kart
    I don't think they fully realize how much they are changing the game.  Say goodbye to:

1)  EVO hunting 
    2)  CvsC sniping
    3)  Points for gifts
    4)  Points for CvsC rounds 
    5)  Charity points
    6)  Reset clubs 

Just the things off the top of my head.  They are taking away so many of the little things that made the game fun for people.

This is a bad idea.  There is going to be major, major blowback with this.  

This is a business. When Glu see's how much money they are going to lose because of this I'm sure we will get a " sorry just kidding , we are reverting it in a few days"

much like the all weekend royale

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Crap crap crap crap....... such a sh1tty change it is hard to fathom the debate that led to a consensus that this would enhance user experience and therefore drive revenue........ 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The people that like this idea are the dumb asses that dont use public clubs for weekend discounts, daily loyality boxes, evo etc. I said dumb asses cause someone actually disagreed with my comment. You cant stay parked in a club non-stop. Diamond players need the boxes to reload cash daily. If you want to stop cvc snipping cause all the people cry and bitch, then make it 1hr timer. The length of a match.  Bunch of cry babies
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I already don't earn the event rewards if I choose to hop and help people/bounce around. If the problem is CVC sniping- those babies need to make their club private and/or be better. 
    Better option would have been to just make sniping not work. If you're not in the club before the cvc event starts, your scores don't count, just like regular events.
    There was no need to ruin the reset clubs etc.
    Glu likes to break 2 things to fix 1 though.
    buddydave said:
    If people want to stay in the same club all day every day, then cool. Let me bounce around and play with different clubs and different people as I see fit. 🖕 Every person involved in draining every last drop of fun and freedom from this game. 
    Twelve hours seems a little draconian, but this is long overdue. If people want to jump from club to club, then cool, but clubs have always been a big part of the game, and the current format overly rewards those who aren't loyal to (or leaders of) a specific club.
    buddydave said:

You literally have no clue on how end game diamond teams have to operate UNLESS you spend BOAT loads of cash on this game.

So until you do, go find a tree to hug

• DPKSDPKS Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    I have mixed feeling about this. While It may level the playing field a bit making guys stay to 1 club. It sucks for the higher level guys who need to evo hunt, or want the loyalty boxes from clubs. Its incredibly bad timing for me, someone who just got his own club to gold and was looking to make it platinum and was relying on donations from generous guys in global chat. Not sure how long this will last for tbh
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    We have a guy at my work about who we like to say, "He'll fix it til it's broke."

This reminds me of that guy.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Bigburg said:
    Makes it impossible to leave one club after an even and join another before the next event with 12 hours between.  Thoughts?
    I know they are aware of such a conflict and I'm extremely surprised that it's at 12 hours. My guess is that it will get adjusted. I don't agree with the cool down in general. However, it's one thing to promote a particular style of player, but it's downright ridiculous to be 'forced' into it. 
    My opinion was that even a cool down of one hour would've solve a lot of the issues that they're attempting to address. Again, I'm hopeful that things will get adjusted. 12 hours is ridiculous.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I believe this change is supposed to drive an increase of revenue in GLUs newly released Anger Management app....install now!!
    edited November 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    The people that like this idea are the dumb asses that dont use public clubs for weekend discounts, daily loyality boxes, evo etc. I said dumb asses cause someone actually disagreed with my comment. You cant stay parked in a club non-stop. Diamond players need the boxes to reload cash daily. If you want to stop cvc snipping cause all the people cry and bitch, then make it 1hr timer. The length of a match.  Bunch of cry babies
    That was me. Call me whatever you want. You don't know me, and I don't know you. Doesn't bother me.

But just know that not everyone plays the game the same way. Yes, the majority of the people on this forum are metagame maximizers, but lots and lots of people don't play that way. Some people are only interested in one event. Some people like to stick with one club and help it win. I'm sorry that the idea not everyone plays the way you do angers you. I do agree that 12 hours is too long, but I disagree that this "kills the game." And I find the "cry baby" comment very ironic.

@buddydave here's my issue: not everyone plays the same way, and this is directly killing a lot of people's play style. Like I said, if someone wants to stay in the same club the whole time, then they should absolutely be able to do it. I have no intentions in ever stopping someone from playing the way in which they enjoy. I just ask for the same