Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    **** you glu
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Yeah I don't like this at all
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    As soon as I burn through my gold stash, I’m done with this BS game, and the incessant changes they make that harm players like me. I need to see a course correction from Glu or I can’t imagine I’ll be back for 2020. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    @buddydave here's my issue: not everyone plays the same way, and this is directly killing a lot of people's play style. Like I said, if someone wants to stay in the same club the whole time, then they should absolutely be able to do it. I have no intentions in ever stopping someone from playing the way in which they enjoy. I just ask for the same
    I agree. It shouldn't completely kill the play style of the evo hunters and loyalty farmers. But a leveling of the playing field was long overdue. As others here have said, it seems likely they will decrease the cooldown period from twelve to a more reasonable number, and I fully support that.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    This kills the game, Diamond player relay on loyalty boxes every day, so what 50 boxes and thats it? Nope. This wont last.
    My hunch is the timer gets lessened in the not so distant future 
    I think my new hunch is this actually wont happen now lol
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @buddydave what is your issue with people moving around? is it people buying gifts for points? i don't understand what you mean by leveling the playing field?
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Dear GLU. 
    I saw your note on the Cool-down timer.  I expected this to come soon.   

I think this is a CRITICAL mistake by your developers.  Please pass this along. 

This game has a cult-like following because of the current format.  Guys change clubs for EVO Hunting, to help other clubs, to move to different brackets, etc.  There are a variety of reasons.  Your developers know this but I don’t think they truly appreciate how much time guys spend talking and thinking about the game because of EVO hunting, club strategizing, etc.  TRUST ME, you want passionate game players because this game is VERY EXPENSIVE.   If you take this away, chatter will go down and guys will become less passionate.  In the end, THIS WILL AFFECT YOUR BOTTOM LINE.  Not being able to change clubs is a game changer.  

The cool-down timer could single handily DOOM this game.

Today is a SAD day for TSB.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    buddydave said:
    dkarski87 said:
    The people that like this idea are the dumb asses that dont use public clubs for weekend discounts, daily loyality boxes, evo etc. I said dumb asses cause someone actually disagreed with my comment. You cant stay parked in a club non-stop. Diamond players need the boxes to reload cash daily. If you want to stop cvc snipping cause all the people cry and bitch, then make it 1hr timer. The length of a match.  Bunch of cry babies
    That was me. Call me whatever you want. You don't know me, and I don't know you. Doesn't bother me.

But just know that not everyone plays the game the same way. Yes, the majority of the people on this forum are metagame maximizers, but lots and lots of people don't play that way. Some people are only interested in one event. Some people like to stick with one club and help it win. I'm sorry that the idea not everyone plays the way you do angers you. I do agree that 12 hours is too long, but I disagree that this "kills the game." And I find the "cry baby" comment very ironic.

That's great that you like to play the game that way, but how does other people playing a different way affect your game experience in any way?  Why would you be delighted to see changes that in no way affect you anyway but simply ruin the experience for others?
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    ok here is the plan. Everyone spam CS about hos BS this is. At least make them do some work for this crap
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Deleted
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    All is forgiven

Here's the ridiculous thing about 12 hours:

If I am in a club and decide it's not for me and leave it after an event, I literally cannot join one in time for the following days event and earn rewards for it.  

Some people who are already on the fence about playing are going to leave a club, find they can't even get in one for the next day's event, take the day off, and before you know it they've put the game away for 24 hours and are thinking maybe they don't really need it after all.
    criffy said:
    @buddydave what is your issue with people moving around? is it people buying gifts for points? i don't understand what you mean by leveling the playing field?
    I don't have an issue with people moving around. I have an issue with the way the game currently rewards those who do. IMO, most people who play this game have a club and stick to it. Not the people on these forums, but everyone else. They aren't jumping around for tons of evo, loyalty rewards, CVC sniping, etc. I'm all for some amount of that, but I think a shorter cooldown period (twelve hours is ridiculous) is long overdue and makes the game more fair.  

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    What this also means is that, if you care about competing in the weekend event, you'd better join that club before CVC ends tomorrow.  If you wait until after CVC ends to leave whatever club you are using tomorrow, you will be effectively shut out of the weekend event (at least as far as obtaining any rewards).
    Oh, RIP 30% discount clubs.  Forgot about that one.  
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Here's the ridiculous thing about 12 hours:

If I am in a club and decide it's not for me and leave it after an event, I literally cannot join one in time for the following days event and earn rewards for it.  

Some people who are already on the fence about playing are going to leave a club, find they can't even get in one for the next day's event, take the day off, and before you know it they've put the game away for 24 hours and are thinking maybe they don't really need it after all.

And if you get kicked from a club you are also screwed...
    That's great that you like to play the game that way, but how does other people playing a different way affect your game experience in any way?  Why would you be delighted to see changes that in no way affect you anyway but simply ruin the experience for others?
    You're putting words into my mouth. I didn't say I was delighted. I've repeatedly said twelve hours is too long.

But I support some sort of cooldown because it levels the playing field. Am I wrong or does this game still involve some elements of competition? If you're not going to stick to a club, I think it's fair to limit the rewards you get for jumping around. I'm not saying eliminate those rewards, I just think there should be some limits. A shorter cooldown period of a couple of hours would accomplish that.
    And just to be clear, as much complaining as I'm doing about all this, I don't really have a dog in this fight.  I play in an individual Platinum club to hoard the CvC rewards so none of this affects me but I certainly hate it for everyone who plays the game that way and I don't think it "levels the playing field" in any real way.  
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Good job, Glu. Bunch of f***ing idiots.😠😠
    ~UNAGI~
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It was said by someone else, but this cool down timer may actually promote more guys to go solo. Well, unless they quit.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

well at this point they DECIMATED the weekend rewards so might as well just stay in your cvc club and just not compete in the prime event

lets be honest that even is shitastic, my new favorite word because its not censored here

Guess its just back to the ol d6 cycle and hope I don't run out of cash

Judge said:
    Now that definitely needs to be fixed. The cooldown for getting kicked should be less than if you leave on your own. But there would still need to be one for getting kicked, because your buddy could just kick you to help you avoid the cooldown. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    buddydave said:
    criffy said:
    I don't have an issue with people moving around. I have an issue with the way the game currently rewards those who do. IMO, most people who play this game have a club and stick to it. Not the people on these forums, but everyone else. They aren't jumping around for tons of evo, loyalty rewards, CVC sniping, etc. I'm all for some amount of that, but I think a shorter cooldown period (twelve hours is ridiculous) is long overdue and makes the game more fair.  

So you have a problem with people who figure out how the game was designed and are employing the most efficient strategy to reap the highest rewards? Isn't that called efficiency and becoming a better team with what's available?
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Here's another issue i see happening.. What happens if individual is close to all the FP tiers except for cvc and gets booted... How is this fair to that individual?  Doe he request a refund ? Bad idea GLU...
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

buddydave said:
    Judge said:
    Now that definitely needs to be fixed. The cooldown for getting kicked should be less than if you leave on your own. But there would still need to be one for getting kicked, because your buddy could just kick you to help you avoid the cooldown. 
    If you get kicked after an event, not only are you going to be pissed you got kicked, but you also aren't going to be able to be in a club for the next event.  Did they seriously not consider this?
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Kills me I moved to platinum 3-4 weeks ago and have 100 evo left...I might have to ask them to put me back to gold...diamond is just not an option for me at this point, and I’m not buying evo to level guys at platinum. unless we see bxp 500 max players along with daily evo gifts this is really gonna suck!
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    This is a terrible idea. And hope they change it. It seems as if they only worry about certain things. Like someone mentioned cant remember who. If their worried about cvc snipers than make them be in the club before it begins. Or the points dont count. Theres too many things that diamond players need to be successful in the game that have now been taken away. Sure we get the 7500 gold for cycling but it's so much harder to get to the point in diamond where the game is easy. U have silver players that cap legends with literally no xp. And put up massive points in events and cvc. Same with gold. But that's not addressed. I just dont understand how the game with the exception of being able to level players without spending gold and evo via cycle capping or repull. Has progressively gotten worse for diamond players. For the most part the players that play this game 10 plus hours a day
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Wow... this changes the game as we know it will never be the same 😕.  Ruining some of the best aspects of the game evo hunting, charity work, cvc hoping. Sad 😞 
    criffy said:
    buddydave said:
    criffy said:

So you have a problem with people who figure out how the game was designed and are employing the most efficient strategy to reap the highest rewards? Isn't that called efficiency and becoming a better team with what's available?
    I call it "gaming the system." You're not breaking any rules but you're also not honoring the spirit of the game, either. I don't have any problem with Glu closing those loopholes as long as they do it in a reasonable way. A couple of hours before you can join another team seems reasonable.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    After I spend the gold I have left I will more than likely be done. This Kills the game for me I love to jump around help clubs.. evo hunt etc.