Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    To begin with: I am the kind of player that sticks to a club and doesn't hop around. Mostly - because I started and lead the club - and have built it from the ground floor. I have mixed feelings about the proposed cool down period. Some things I like, some not so much.

Pro's from my perspective:
    One thing In today's paradigm that I really don't like is when I am competing against a club/bracket all day or weekend,and me and the boys are kicking ass, and have first place by several billion points - and then the fifth place team goes and recruits two whores - who score about 500 billion points in 20 minutes - and completely change the dynamic of the event. To me that doesn't seem "fair" or what the game should be about. So, I'm glad that issue is being address. Is this the "way" to do it? Not necessarily. 

Diminish the mind numbing number of global posts - people selling points for gifts. Jeezus - it's enough to make me hurl. So won't miss that aspect.

Cons:
    I really love Evo hunting. For an hour or two on certain mornings it is actually one of the most fun and entertaining aspects of this game. And it has allowed me as a gold squad to accumulate enough Evo that I'm not constrained by Evo this year. It's also an interesting way of connecting with other teams you might not come across normally. So - will definitely be missing this part of the gaming experience.

Club building and recruiting - I think this will make recruiting and club building harder. Will there be some sort of indicator - that will show me who is eligible to join my club - and who is not?? Will I get people to say they want to join - only to find that they can't??....So I think this makes the 10:45am recruiting rush that much more crappy.

Obviously - not an exhaustive list - just a few things that immediately come to mind.

Do I think this is a great solution? No. The time period is way to extreme. Will it drive the desired behaviour of "club cohesiveness" - probably not. Will it create more issues than fixes? Probably. Will it drive players away? Definitely? Would I short GLU stock? Obviously.

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    buddydave said:
    That's great that you like to play the game that way, but how does other people playing a different way affect your game experience in any way?  Why would you be delighted to see changes that in no way affect you anyway but simply ruin the experience for others?
    You're putting words into my mouth. I didn't say I was delighted. I've repeatedly said twelve hours is too long.

But I support some sort of cooldown because it levels the playing field. Am I wrong or does this game still involve some elements of competition? If you're not going to stick to a club, I think it's fair to limit the rewards you get for jumping around. I'm not saying eliminate those rewards, I just think there should be some limits. A shorter cooldown period of a couple of hours would accomplish that.

level playing field, listen your top 50 club isn't going to get any better.

If you aren't here to join the outrage, your just being a troll. There is a special place in hell for internet trolls. Just saying.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    If royale doesn’t have lxp/pxp like lasts years starting this weekend I don’t see how people can continue supporting this company 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Kills me I moved to platinum 3-4 weeks ago and have 100 evo left...I might have to ask them to put me back to gold...diamond is just not an option for me at this point, and I’m not buying evo to level guys at platinum. unless we see bxp 500 max players along with daily evo gifts this is really gonna suck!
    They're not going to let you go back to gold.  If EVO is a big problem and you don't want to start over, you might as well plow right through to Diamond as quick as possible and go get that D6 cycle EVO. 
    whammo911 said:
    Kills me I moved to platinum 3-4 weeks ago and have 100 evo left...I might have to ask them to put me back to gold...diamond is just not an option for me at this point, and I’m not buying evo to level guys at platinum. unless we see bxp 500 max players along with daily evo gifts this is really gonna suck!
    They're not going to let you go back to gold.  If EVO is a big problem and you don't want to start over, you might as well plow right through to Diamond as quick as possible and go get that D6 cycle EVO. 

yup
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    buddydave said:
    That's great that you like to play the game that way, but how does other people playing a different way affect your game experience in any way?  Why would you be delighted to see changes that in no way affect you anyway but simply ruin the experience for others?
    You're putting words into my mouth. I didn't say I was delighted. I've repeatedly said twelve hours is too long.

But I support some sort of cooldown because it levels the playing field. Am I wrong or does this game still involve some elements of competition? If you're not going to stick to a club, I think it's fair to limit the rewards you get for jumping around. I'm not saying eliminate those rewards, I just think there should be some limits. A shorter cooldown period of a couple of hours would accomplish that.

level playing field, listen your top 50 club isn't going to get any better.

If you aren't here to join the outrage, your just being a troll. There is a special place in hell for internet trolls. Just saying.

I'm sorry you feel my stating my honest opinion is trolling. I didn't realize this was the outrage thread. If that's what DFBB meant, I can post elsewhere. Also, I don't believe in hell. Just saying.
  • pleeman11pleeman11 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I don't like this change for all the reasons already stated. Just the anticipation of it is part of the reason I quit and gave my team away a few weeks ago.

But I do not see Glu reducing the hours for three reasons.

1) Being able to alternate between your own club(s) for CVC days and a large-member club on non-CVC days (or have two solo platinum clubs like i had guaranteeing i could win every Clash/CVC event w/out bonus players) and 2) being able to mooch off of other club's weekend upgrades discounts are significant $ drains to glu.

From their perspective, this is going to tick off a lot of people in the short term and they may even lose some people. But in a month or two, it will become the new norm and the old gamers who are still playing will accept it and the new gamers (esp in 2020 version) won't know the difference. 

The only reason for optimism is that there has always been some loophole or new way of playing to exploit that Glu didn't anticipate ("Tap Moneyball"? lol) so I would not be surprised if some of you are able to figure out what that is.
    whammo911 said:
    you can d6 cycle with the team you have now, you ply mostly gold teams. You can probably cycle classic too. You wont sniff HOF for a hot minute but it is what it is
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    A solution is simple...

END.PUBLIC.CLUBS

Private/invite only

Problem solved
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    This is such garbage and makes no sense. Why did Glu feel like there was a problem here that needed to be "fixed". Don't see how this would increase revenues for them at all. Anyway, between this nonsense and the same recycled players being offered in boxes lately, they are sucking the life out of this game and making it easy to walk away.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    🍿🍿

im a club lifer, and I have my own club. I totally see why everyone is upset, and you know what I mostly agree with them. The fun of the game is to have the free will to experience who you play with and see how they play. Looking at this form there are so many ppl that play together and have become friend outside of the game/form. With that said I’m glad no more CvC snipers lol
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    A solution is simple...

END.PUBLIC.CLUBS

Private/invite only

Problem solved
    I actually like this idea a lot.  It limits the amount of free reign dead clubs out here and takes care of the sniping that they want to get rid of.  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    😂
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    buddydave said:

If you wish to level the playing field, put a limit on the amount of money a team can spend. It happens in the real world and is called a salary cap. Limit the big spenders and then we can talk about a “level playing field” *semi-sarcastic font*
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    buddydave said:

This is the worst kind of self-defeatest argument like we the players of this game are pitted against and responsible for each others struggles. Just drop it cause I owe you nothing as much as you me. The fact remains Glu has taken steps time and time again to hamstring ALL OF US. Some have figured out that not staying in the same club daily alleviates that which is unacceptable by Glu’s standards apparently. I am not responsible for any player that throws resources away to level every damn bonus player they pull while prioritizing my choices who then claims things are unfair because they cant recognize the same mistake they make over and over. 

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    A 12 hour cooldown pisses me off so much as is. But Glu really had to start implementing it on the last day of current field pass, while announcing it AFTER most people had already bought that said field pass ? Would've never bought field pass if I had known they'd do this. I'll be asleep when today's event ends at midnight, which means I'll only be able to leave my current club around 7am if i want to collect event rewards, which means I won't be able to join a club until the 4th CvC matchup tomorrow to start dumping high CvC scores to reach Field Pass tiers I reached every prior week, which means I most probably won't reach them. Those field pass tiers rewards are, BY FAR, the main reason why I buy Field Pass, so where can I ask for my refund, Glu ?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    i Figured the cool down would be an hour and only during events...this is completely changing the game..Diamond is not an option for me cause I have satellite internet and it’s similar to what android players experienced with the update...my plan has been to get enough lxp for a couple finishers and make the move when I don’t need 50k gold per player for xp. I’m not gonna worry that much, till we see what weekend royale looks like. Maybe this finally breaks my addiction to this game...who knows
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @buddydave what club do you play for? You guys must have top accolades every week if you never leave your club.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    BONK.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Bigburg said:
    Makes it impossible to leave one club after an even and join another before the next event with 12 hours between.  Thoughts?
    I know they are aware of such a conflict and I'm extremely surprised that it's at 12 hours. My guess is that it will get adjusted. I don't agree with the cool down in general. However, it's one thing to promote a particular style of player, but it's downright ridiculous to be 'forced' into it. 
    My opinion was that even a cool down of one hour would've solve a lot of the issues that they're attempting to address. Again, I'm hopeful that things will get adjusted. 12 hours is ridiculous.
     Correct me if I’m wrong...but isn’t this going to dramatically decrease the user experience of the serious, paying players....while “protecting” the free to play guys?

this seems obscenely stupid
    So help me out here...if I want to compete in CVC with a different club this weekend...I have to be in that club by noon tomorrow right?

and I can’t leave that club to level weekend players at discount...without waiting 12 hours to do so?

Do I have that right?

Might as well get real weird around here. PM me if you know how to cheat oh, this game deserves little to no respect anymore.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Glu there was a more simpler solution to this cool down. 1. Cut the time to 3hours even 6hours wouldn’t be as bad. 2. If you were doing it bc of cvc snipers, implicate a programming system were you can’t score in cvc if you haven’t joined before the start of cvc. 3. Cool down isn’t enforced between events (12a-1159a est.) so players can evo hunt and donate etc. This will cut out all your cvc hoppers and cut down on your mercenaries (which I do both) which is what it looks like your aiming for. People will still club play but with a 12 hour cool down it’s like your forcing club play on us than letting us have an option
    DFBB said:
    Bigburg said:
    Makes it impossible to leave one club after an even and join another before the next event with 12 hours between.  Thoughts?
    I know they are aware of such a conflict and I'm extremely surprised that it's at 12 hours. My guess is that it will get adjusted. I don't agree with the cool down in general. However, it's one thing to promote a particular style of player, but it's downright ridiculous to be 'forced' into it. 
    My opinion was that even a cool down of one hour would've solve a lot of the issues that they're attempting to address. Again, I'm hopeful that things will get adjusted. 12 hours is ridiculous.
     Correct me if I’m wrong...but isn’t this going to dramatically decrease the user experience of the serious, paying players....while “protecting” the free to play guys?

+ 1 million

It also caters to the ultra elite high spenders that literally NONE OF US AFFECT.

edited November 2019
    Glu there was a more simpler solution to this cool down. 1. Cut the time to 3hours even 6hours wouldn’t be as bad. 2. If you were doing it bc of cvc snipers, implicate a programming system were you can’t score in cvc if you haven’t joined before the start of cvc. 3. Cool down isn’t enforced between events (12a-1159a est.) so players can evo hunt and donate etc. This will cut out all your cvc hoppers and cut down on your mercenaries (which I do both) which is what it looks like your aiming for. People will still club play but with a 12 hour cool down it’s like your forcing club play on us than letting us have an option
    I can only assume they want to force us to buy Evo boxes, and buy more of their garbage player boxes instead of winning them for free in CVC. Level the playing field? Nah, cuz, it's about that dinero
    I can only assume they want to force us to buy Evo boxes, and buy more of their garbage player boxes instead of winning them for free in CVC. Level the playing field? Nah, cuz, it's about that dinero

except they will have no player base to buy said boxes
    MoenPDC said:
    DFBB said:
    Bigburg said:

+ 1 million

It also caters to the ultra elite high spenders that literally NONE OF US AFFECT.

This.... On the heels of that quarterly earnings report… forcibly reiterate the point that I have made over and over in this forum the last two weeks...

glu is run by some aggressively stupid fiscal idiots
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I have heard they are losing money like crazy so?
    I’d pay good money to be in the room on Monday morning when they sit and review their sales for the past week