Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Yeah they are going to suck I am sure
  • greenleopardgreenleopard Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I’d pay good money to be in the room on Monday morning when they sit and review their sales for the past week
    👀 Money?
    This thread has kept me from watching videos today is al .  Was not going to play anything more that season mode and damn sure not buying any of them 💩 boxes
    The one good thing is  I got 10 bonus games as a gift.  So we have that going for us today.     🏈🐒
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @buddydave what club do you play for? You guys must have top accolades every week if you never leave your club.
    I like the people I play with and I’m club leader. That’s why I stay.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Is this where I go to sell my team and personal clubs along with placeholders.  I’ve been looking and don’t think it fits club recruitment thread. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats not what I asked, do you not ever use discounts? Or get cash from daily boxes?I've been on both sides of the spectrum, where I've stayed in club all week for better rewards versus going solo in my own club. It just sounds like you and your club are just casual players who tap for a few games everyday and dont do the grind like most. Not wrong with that, just a different way to enjoy the game. Its not cheating the system, cheating the system is getting shafted for 8 months on an app that doesn't run the way it should to its counter part.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Thats not what I asked, do you not ever use discounts? Or get cash from daily boxes?I've been on both sides of the spectrum, where I've stayed in club all week for better rewards versus going solo in my own club. It just sounds like you and your club are just casual players who tap for a few games everyday and dont do the grind like most. Not wrong with that, just a different way to enjoy the game. Its not cheating the system, cheating the system is getting shafted for 8 months on an app that doesn't run the way it should to its counter part.

buddydave said:
    That's great that you like to play the game that way, but how does other people playing a different way affect your game experience in any way?  Why would you be delighted to see changes that in no way affect you anyway but simply ruin the experience for others?
    You're putting words into my mouth. I didn't say I was delighted. I've repeatedly said twelve hours is too long.

But I support some sort of cooldown because it levels the playing field. Am I wrong or does this game still involve some elements of competition? If you're not going to stick to a club, I think it's fair to limit the rewards you get for jumping around. I'm not saying eliminate those rewards, I just think there should be some limits. A shorter cooldown period of a couple of hours would accomplish that.

This is the worst kind of self-defeatest argument like we the players of this game are pitted against and responsible for each others struggles. Just drop it cause I owe you nothing as much as you me. The fact remains Glu has taken steps time and time again to hamstring ALL OF US. Some have figured out that not staying in the same club daily alleviates that which is unacceptable by Glu’s standards apparently. I am not responsible for any player that throws resources away to level every damn bonus player they pull while prioritizing my choices who then claims things are unfair because they cant recognize the same mistake they make over and over. 

I get your frustration but disagree that I’m making any kind of mistake
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    buddydave said:
    dkarski87 said:
    @buddydave what club do you play for? You guys must have top accolades every week if you never leave your club.
    I’m trying to understand something you said earlier about a level playing field. Can you tell me what about the game right now, before this cool down timer, makes it an uneven playing field?
    dkarski87 said:
    Sorry for not asking your question about what team I play for. I don’t feel like dragging them into this. But I guess by your definition it’s a fairly casual club. In my opinion, I do my fair share of grinding. Again, I feel your frustration and understand where you’re coming from regarding feeling cheated by GLU.
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I thought this was a post about the weather. I was unpleasantly surprised. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I don’t see why they care about people helping out other clubs. When they do it for gifts, Glu makes money. This has to come down to getting things for free: evo and CvC reward boxes and PXP. If they give out less of those, they think people will buy evo boxes and player boxes. They are also limiting the ability for people to get help leveling their club so they can’t get the better rewards. 

They only way this outrage is anything other than words is if the community does not take the actions that they hope we will. Even if you support a cool down, you must see that this is a pretty obvious attempt to separate you from your cash. 
    buddydave said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I’m trying to understand something you said earlier about a level playing field. Can you tell me what about the game right now, before this cool down timer, makes it an uneven playing field?
    Allow me to answer your question with a question: what are you losing by not being able to jump from club to club to club in a day? Evo? Cash? CVC prizes? In my opinion, the rewards for lone wolfing it should not be that much greater than the rewards for sticking with a club and helping them win. I don’t think they should take everything away for club jumpers, I just think things should be in balance. As usual, GLU has missed the mark, but let’s hope they modify the cooldown period so it’s fair for everyone.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Bottom line is the MLB season has ended, the app is on its shelf life. The last few months were always the funnest part of the year of the game, higher maxes, ATGs, chasing players, BF deals. Instead of getting us more engaged this idea just cuts the community apart. Why would you implement this when your app only has a few months left? Could be doing us all a favor, Xmas time around the corner and better to spend the time with family and friends instead of tapping a baseball app and giving them more money.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Allow me to answer your question with a question: what are you losing by not being able to jump from club to club to club in a day? Evo? Cash? CVC prizes? In my opinion, the rewards for lone wolfing it should not be that much greater than the rewards for sticking with a club and helping them win. I don’t think they should take everything away for club jumpers, I just think things should be in balance. As usual, GLU has missed the mark, but let’s hope they modify the cooldown period so it’s fair for everyone.
    The rewards for being in a winning CvC club are so much worse than if you have the high round or MVP. If they really want a team effort, they should reduce that disparity. 
    Base15 said:
    The rewards for being in a winning CvC club are so much worse than if you have the high round or MVP. If they really want a team effort, they should reduce that disparity. 
    I absolutely agree with this statement. Far more important to fix that than club jumping.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    buddydave said:
    what are you losing by not being able to jump from club to club to club in a day? 
    Fun. Yesterday I hopped into a buddies club just because he was matched up against some other buddies. I literally hopped just to use the smack talk during their cvc match. I didn't play/help/ruin their face off, I just had some fun. Yesterday I also helped three clubs earn a top 10 finish (while earning no event rewards myself- a punishment I feel fits the "crime"), which was.. you guessed it, fun. Over the weekend, I had hundreds and hundreds of teams come in to my club to use the 30% discount which helped me level my club a bit and earn a top 5 finish. The club im currently in only plays together Mondays and Wednesdays, so we can ride solo the rest of the time (for CVC and because prime games suck camel ass). I don't want to sit in a club all day and play prime game entries, I want to go mess around and do whatever I want to do. This is heavily disappointing. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols It sucks that they’re taking away a part of the game that was fun for so many people. I apologize that my support for this rule change upset people here. I definitely don’t support taking away the fun in this game, especially when fun has become relatively rare for many of us who play it.
    buddydave said:
    buddydave said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I’m going to ignore the fact that you did not answer how the current playing field was uneven and answer your questions. Because I would like people to answer mine when I ask them. 

What I am losing by being stuck in a club is the ability to help others. I have never had a gift bought for me (that I can remember), nor have I ever requested one for any reason. I have donated balls/gloves into clubs to help them reach diamond. Clubs which are led by fellow forum members that have 15-20 teams in them. 

I’m not losing cash. I have plenty and will not run out. 

I am not losing evo. I tried evo hunting one time and it was not for me. I also have more than I’ll ever need. 

I’m not missing cvc rewards. I have my own diamond club for those. 

I’m losing my ability to help more than 19 others through donations to their clubs. I’m losing my ability to be a let of a community on the app. I’m not going to personally suffer from this as I’ve played solo for a majority of 2019. This is driving me the opposite of a “cohesive unit“ and is not improving the experience of a majority of players. 

Now if you can tell me how the current playing field was uneven I would appreciate it 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @pujols I have to agree with you. While I dont really bounce around like some of you it is fun to do. The most fun that I’ve had is joining a forum club and going hard during that particular event. That will certainly end with a 12 hour cool down period. I’ve never cvc sniped and my solo club is private so I’m not worried about a sniper joining my club. But I’ve had it done to me and it does kinda suck. I’m sure that with all of the negative feedback I’m sure that the timer will be shortened. That being said I’ll see you in the same club soon I’m sure. 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    buddydave said:
    what are you losing by not being able to jump from club to club to club in a day? 
    Fun. Yesterday I hopped into a buddies club just because he was matched up against some other buddies. I literally hopped just to use the smack talk during their cvc match. I didn't play/help/ruin their face off, I just had some fun. Yesterday I also helped three clubs earn a top 10 finish (while earning no event rewards myself- a punishment I feel fits the "crime"), which was.. you guessed it, fun. Over the weekend, I had hundreds and hundreds of teams come in to my club to use the 30% discount which helped me level my club a bit and earn a top 5 finish. The club im currently in only plays together Mondays and Wednesdays, so we can ride solo the rest of the time (for CVC and because prime games suck camel ass). I don't want to sit in a club all day and play prime game entries, I want to go mess around and do whatever I want to do. This is heavily disappointing. 
    To piggy back this, I like to jump into lower level clubs and help as many as I can hit their tier 6 for the "free" gold for them in between cvc matches. I also have a few clubs I visit occasionally to help them. I am with @retirepujols in the Monday and Wednesday club and like to hop around on tuesdays, thursdays and the weekends to, like mentioned before, help lower level clubs, gather gold and silver loyalty boxes, upgrade bonus guys with discount clubs, ect. There's a lot of stuff average players don't understand in this game, so they can't understand why players like us are pissed about the cool down. Some people enjoy staying in the same place forever, others like to float around and experience every aspect of the game. Unless you are a grinder, you just simply will not understand why we are pissed. 
    ~UNAGI~
    The evo hunting, loyalty hunting, and CVC sniping makes for an uneven playing field between those that jump and those that don’t. I’ve already said this but it apparently didn’t satisfy you.

It sucks that they’re taking away one of your favorite parts of the game—your ability to help other teams.
    So mr. Un . And blue  have chimed in on another post but I do not believe they will touch this one at al .  The dumpster fire will continue 
    buddydave said:
    The evo hunting, loyalty hunting, and CVC sniping makes for an uneven playing field between those that jump and those that don’t. I’ve already said this but it apparently didn’t satisfy you.
    It doesn’t make it an uneven playing field. Because that’s your CHOICE to stay in your club. It would be uneven if Glu had it where you were stuck in your club while others could leave. 

Your choice does not make it unfair. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Oh, RIP 30% discount clubs.  Forgot about that one.  
    I feel it doesn’t necessarily kill 30% discount clubs. Someone can still join after the weekend event starts and get the discount, right? They just wouldn’t be eligible for the weekend event rewards. I could be wrong because I’ve never done it.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I don’t really have a point except to support @buddydave who I don’t know.  I am very much against the cool down period, as I am a reset club lifer and think that was one of their main targets.

That being said I also know how I play isn’t the best for everyone, but it is for me.  You guys really need to direct your anger elsewhere, he’s just a grinder trying to have fun.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    buddydave said:

It sucks that they’re taking away one of your favorite parts of the game—your ability to help other teams.
    Playing solo in a club is not cvc sniping and thats not what @Bigpredfan described.

You need to take into consideration the people that are winning all the time in Cooperstown are dropping major dollars for resources. There is no way evo hunting helps you win a goddamn Prime Sprint event. Why are you still blaming the players for you not winning club events? That's just ridiculous.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

Don’t do it.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    What’s the rules on cursing 🤬 
    buddydave said:
    It doesn’t make it an uneven playing field. Because that’s your CHOICE to stay in your club. It would be uneven if Glu had it where you were stuck in your club while others could leave. 

Your choice does not make it unfair. 
    I believe it’s pretty dumb for the game to have clubs and then make it so disadvantageous to stick with your club. That’s just my opinion.