Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Base15 said:
    Allow me to answer your question with a question: what are you losing by not being able to jump from club to club to club in a day? Evo? Cash? CVC prizes? In my opinion, the rewards for lone wolfing it should not be that much greater than the rewards for sticking with a club and helping them win. I don’t think they should take everything away for club jumpers, I just think things should be in balance. As usual, GLU has missed the mark, but let’s hope they modify the cooldown period so it’s fair for everyone.
    The rewards for being in a winning CvC club are so much worse than if you have the high round or MVP. If they really want a team effort, they should reduce that disparity. 
    How much Legend XP do you get from high round or MVP? I’m not saying I agree with the cool down, but this statement is just false. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    buddydave said:
    buddydave said:
    The evo hunting, loyalty hunting, and CVC sniping makes for an uneven playing field between those that jump and those that don’t. I’ve already said this but it apparently didn’t satisfy you.
    It doesn’t make it an uneven playing field. Because that’s your CHOICE to stay in your club. It would be uneven if Glu had it where you were stuck in your club while others could leave. 

Your choice does not make it unfair. 
    I believe it’s pretty dumb for the game to have clubs and then make it so disadvantageous to stick with your club. That’s just my opinion.
    I agree with this. But that doesn’t mean that the playing field is uneven the way it is. Everyone has been given the same opportunities from Glu. Oh wait. 

Except the weekend rewards giving the top clubs that spend more cash than I make in a year as a teacher free ATG boxes before anyone else could even have a chance at them. That seems like an unfair advantage that may or may not continue 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Theres a difference between a top 10 club and a top 50 club, top 50 clubs dont grind for resources and wins.  They play for casual fun versus the grinders. Thats why they think this events the field. But it doesn't, if anything those top 50 clubs will get bumped even lower. Again, there's not right or wrong way to play. But there's a reason why there's a function to set your club private. Dont want snipers, lock it down.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    buddydave said:
    The evo hunting, loyalty hunting, and CVC sniping makes for an uneven playing field between those that jump and those that don’t. I’ve already said this but it apparently didn’t satisfy you.

It sucks that they’re taking away one of your favorite parts of the game—your ability to help other teams.
    Playing solo in a club is not cvc sniping and thats not what @Bigpredfan described.

You need to take into consideration the people that are winning all the time in Cooperstown are dropping major dollars for resources. There is no way evo hunting helps you win a goddamn Prime Sprint event. Why are you still blaming the players for you not winning club events? That's just ridiculous.
    When did I ever blame anyone for my not winning anything??? I like the rule change because it puts a little more emphasis on sticking with your club not because I expect it to help us win more.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    buddydave said:

It sucks that they’re taking away one of your favorite parts of the game—your ability to help other teams.
    How in the hell is evo hunting and loyalty hunting make it an uneven playing field? I am really confused about that and really makes no sense. Me getting loyalty boxes from other clubs doesn't help me win against another club. It helps replenish resources. Seriously, who let this guy in here? SMH
    ~UNAGI~
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    🍿
    buddydave said:
    buddydave said:

Playing solo in a club is not cvc sniping and thats not what @Bigpredfan described.

You need to take into consideration the people that are winning all the time in Cooperstown are dropping major dollars for resources. There is no way evo hunting helps you win a goddamn Prime Sprint event. Why are you still blaming the players for you not winning club events? That's just ridiculous.
    When did I ever blame anyone for my not winning anything??? I like the rule change because it puts a little more emphasis on sticking with your club not because I expect it to help us win more.
    As a teacher there is one very valuable lesson you can learn. 

If you want a student to change their behavior, you give them reasons to change their behavior. You don’t just push them into something, because they will push back. 

You want more emphasis with sticking with a club?  When Glu makes it more valuable for people to stick together then people will. But this isn’t persuasion, it’s an attempt to be forceful. Give players a reason to play in a club by making it more beneficial than playing solo and people will. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    🍿
    Thinking the same thing. Today’s entertainment provided by the forum and not the app. I haven’t even played a bonus game yet-not even the 10 free ones that I received
    2003cobra said:
    🍿
    Thinking the same thing. Today’s entertainment provided by the forum and not the app. I haven’t even played a bonus game yet-not even the 10 free ones that I received
    Me either.  I just been watching this threa .   Waiting for vlue or mr uni to step in.   Lol.  They both posted in another thread just not this on .    I have not played at all today except for my season games.
    Ebiggz said:
    buddydave said:

How in the hell is evo hunting and loyalty hunting make it an uneven playing field? I am really confused about that and really makes no sense. Me getting loyalty boxes from other clubs doesn't help me win against another club. It helps replenish resources. Seriously, who let this guy in here? SMH
    I’m not sure who let me in here. I clearly didn’t see the sign that says “Metagamers only.” I’ll see myself out.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    So will 30% clubs even exist anymore?

if I’m willing to pay the 12 hour penalty...could I even still get in?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Base15 said:
    Allow me to answer your question with a question: what are you losing by not being able to jump from club to club to club in a day? Evo? Cash? CVC prizes? In my opinion, the rewards for lone wolfing it should not be that much greater than the rewards for sticking with a club and helping them win. I don’t think they should take everything away for club jumpers, I just think things should be in balance. As usual, GLU has missed the mark, but let’s hope they modify the cooldown period so it’s fair for everyone.
    The rewards for being in a winning CvC club are so much worse than if you have the high round or MVP. If they really want a team effort, they should reduce that disparity. 
    How much Legend XP do you get from high round or MVP? I’m not saying I agree with the cool down, but this statement is just false. 
    Cubbies, you're in the top echelon of players. He meant a club cvc win (bxp), not finishing first in the cvc rankings 🤣 earning high round and mvp most matches is far more beneficial than just being in the club that won the matchup, and maybe earning high round and mvp every once in a while.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Can we get a cool down on glitches?  Once one happens we get a guarantee we don’t get another one for 12 hours?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Bigpredfan I love that idea, how about a cool down for Ooops we need to restart. This past Monday I only had it happen 3 times, the Monday before that was 5. No big deal tho right? lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited November 2019
    @buddydave stay. You have a different opinion, and that's fine. We're just angry. I understand that you like the club aspect of the game being prioritized more, we just don't want our way to play being ruined. In the end, glu chose the wrong bandaid for whatever issues they're trying to fix.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Can we get a cool down on glitches?  Once one happens we get a guarantee we don’t get another one for 12 hours?
    Love this one
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Ebiggz said:
    buddydave said:

I’m not sure who let me in here. I clearly didn’t see the sign that says “Metagamers only.” I’ll see myself out.
    And yet you still didn't explain how evo hunting and loyalty hunting is making the playing field "un-level"
    ~UNAGI~
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Horrific, horrifying, horrible, Glu is about to get a serious reality check. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    So will 30% clubs even exist anymore?

if I’m willing to pay the 12 hour penalty...could I even still get in?
    I don’t see why not. I was thinking the same thing. The only penalty on the weekend would be cvc but it’s well worth the trade off. I would still play royale but I don’t really care about the crappy weekend club rewards. I’m in a solo club so I play those events to benefit myself and improve my team not my club. 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    those pea brained idiots should just make it so you can't join a new club during events, and you're free to do whatever you want when an event is not active. eliminates cvc sniping, and doesn't piss every single **** evo hunter off
    Base15 said:
    Cubbies, you're in the top echelon of players. He meant a club cvc win (bxp), not finishing first in the cvc rankings 🤣 earning high round and mvp most matches is far more beneficial than just being in the club that won the matchup, and maybe earning high round and mvp every once in a while.
    And I can appreciate that. I played solo for a few months and I can say it sucked when someone came to “help” or someone bought help to beat me when I was winning an event. The concept of “be better” doesn’t Apply when I was better and they had to go get help to win. I think the cool down is ok but needs to be tweaked. Either should only be active during an event or the time needs to be cut down. Also, they should allow more than 50 loyalty boxes a day if they are restricting moving around clubs. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So if you leave 12 hour cool down. What happens if you get kicked?
    @buddydave stay. You have a different opinion, and that's fine. We're just angry. I understand that you like the club aspect of the game being prioritized more, we just don't want our way to play being ruined. In the end, glu chose the wrong bandaid for whatever issues they're trying to fix.
    Thanks for that. I like you guys and hope your style of play doesn’t get ruined. I especially like when the solo players on the forum get together as a club once a week to kick some ass. That’s pretty cool.
    Just to be clear I don’t like the 12 hour cool down, but I like the concept of the cool down specifically during the events. If it wasn’t active while events aren’t going I’d like it better or if the cool down period was less time, even 8-10 hours would be fine. In regards to loyalty boxes. I’m diamond, I rarely if ever club hop for loyalty. I open my 50 diamond boxes every day and that seems to be enough. Add in WOH and you make due. I think there is more good than bad with it, but the length I will admit is very rough. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Oh, RIP 30% discount clubs.  Forgot about that one.  
    I feel it doesn’t necessarily kill 30% discount clubs. Someone can still join after the weekend event starts and get the discount, right? They just wouldn’t be eligible for the weekend event rewards. I could be wrong because I’ve never done it
    The problem is that if you leave your club with the intent of jointing a discount club, you have to wait 12 hours before you can join that club, missing all of the CVC events during that 12-hour window. Then, after finally getting into the discount club to level your new player and then leaving, you have to wait another 12 hours before you can join a different club, once again missing all of the CVC rounds during THAT time period. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I’m still confused by all this - what exactly are Glu fixing? I’m not being a smartass - I’m really struggling to see what problem gets fixed that deserves so much pain for so many?
    I understand that @jalapenocubbies, my be better comment was made as I was thinking of a solo guy beating a full club. I guess i didn't consider the full club enlisting help to beat a solo guy. I don't like the idea of not being able to move around during an event at all, and i completely despise the idea that i can't even leave outside of an event and be eligible to join a club before the next event starts. 
    edited November 2019
    Maybe it's just a "me" problem that the game is taking away what I enjoy 🤷🏻‍♂️ when there's nothing left to enjoy, I should finally be able to quit for good and not be a weak b*tch that comes crawling back each time.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Oh, RIP 30% discount clubs.  Forgot about that one.  
    I feel it doesn’t necessarily kill 30% discount clubs. Someone can still join after the weekend event starts and get the discount, right? They just wouldn’t be eligible for the weekend event rewards. I could be wrong because I’ve never done it
    The problem is that if you leave your club with the intent of jointing a discount club, you have to wait 12 hours before you can join that club, missing all of the CVC events during that 12-hour window. Then, after finally getting into the discount club to level your new player and then leaving, you have to wait another 12 hours before you can join a different club, once again missing all of the CVC rounds during THAT time period. 
    I hear you. I think this might be one of Glu’s reasons for the change. They are minimizing how many people can get a 50% discount for leveling weekend players. That hurts their bottom line. They definitely went about it all wrong though.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Pasted this in the wrong thread.  Now pasting it in the right one: 

As I told DFBB when he discussed it with me earlier, my main support of the change stems from the fact that CS receives beyond numerous complaints about random people joining their clubs, committing foul play, and getting the entire club banned and leaving the club just in time to not suffer any consequences.  This is about as gamebreaking as any of the complaints in this thread.

Other than that, I empathize resource building and I've flagged this thread for our devs to look at.  In any case, it'll be a "watch and see" approach.   You think we screwed up?  Great. Let us screw up and correct it while there's no baseball on TV.  That's what allows a live product to grow.  Making mistakes and fixing them is part of what makes a well-oiled machine run.