Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019
    buddydave said:
    buddydave said:
    The evo hunting, loyalty hunting, and CVC sniping makes for an uneven playing field between those that jump and those that don’t. I’ve already said this but it apparently didn’t satisfy you.

It sucks that they’re taking away one of your favorite parts of the game—your ability to help other teams.
    Playing solo in a club is not cvc sniping and thats not what @Bigpredfan described.

You need to take into consideration the people that are winning all the time in Cooperstown are dropping major dollars for resources. There is no way evo hunting helps you win a goddamn Prime Sprint event. Why are you still blaming the players for you not winning club events? That's just ridiculous.
    When did I ever blame anyone for my not winning anything??? I like the rule change because it puts a little more emphasis on sticking with your club not because I expect it to help us win more.
    Unlevel playing field. You like playing with the same club why exactly? To help those guys out, work on their teams, cycle WoH, level the club and maybe get a little scratch from finishing top 10? That's exactly what everyone in this thread that has disagreed with you is talking about as well except outside the exclusivity of a single club.

It's not even really about the club as far as Glu is concerned. It's simply them being obtuse and closing loopholes that allow teams to advance further down the road than they are willing to allow even in November without contributing real money to their enterprise. This change only hurts players. You as one who is a leader of a club and only plays in that club will gain nothing from it. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I only have one question for Glu

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    those pea brained idiots should just make it so you can't join a new club during events, and you're free to do whatever you want when an event is not active. eliminates cvc sniping, and doesn't piss every single **** evo hunter off
    Even that can’t really work, I think you would have mondays and that’s it with over night c vs c..lol
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I understand that @jalapenocubbies, my be better comment was made as I was thinking of a solo guy beating a full club. I guess i didn't consider the full club enlisting help to beat a solo guy. I don't like the idea of not being able to move around during an event at all, and i completely despise the idea that i can't even leave outside of an event and be eligible to join a club before the next event starts. 
    Your last part I agree with 100%. Not being able to move at all between events is crazy. Mid event I totally understand, despite some not agreeing with it. Not letting me leave after an event and before another making me ineligible for awards is crazy. Which is why I think 8-9-10 he’ll even 11 hours is drastically better. Or just making it active during events only. 
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Pasted this in the wrong thread.  Now pasting it in the right one: 

As I told DFBB when he discussed it with me earlier, my main support of the change stems from the fact that CS receives beyond numerous complaints about random people joining their clubs, committing foul play, and getting the entire club banned and leaving the club just in time to not suffer any consequences.  This is about as gamebreaking as any of the complaints in this thread.

Other than that, I empathize resource building and I've flagged this thread for our devs to look at.  In any case, it'll be a "watch and see" approach.   You think we screwed up?  Great. Let us screw up and correct it while there's no baseball on TV.  That's what allows a live product to grow.  Making mistakes and fixing them is part of what makes a well-oiled machine run.
    This is like 20 hours earlier than I thought it would be.  Lol copy and paste way to go 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    For the most part the reason that people club hop is a gain in resources that glu wants us to buy. Evo hunting,.3 leveling discount, cvc sniping, loyalty boxes, points to help club reach tier 6, points to help a club finish higher. I see their point but 12 hours is way too long. Oh yeah-I forgot about just doing it for fun.  Without having fun we may not be around to buy resources. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited November 2019

As I told DFBB when he discussed it with me earlier, my main support of the change stems from the fact that CS receives beyond numerous complaints about random people joining their clubs, committing foul play, and getting the entire club banned and leaving the club just in time to not suffer any consequences.  This is about as gamebreaking as any of the complaints in this thread.

Other than that, I empathize resource building and I've flagged this thread for our devs to look at.  In any case, it'll be a "watch and see" approach.   You think we screwed up?  Great. Let us screw up and correct it while there's no baseball on TV.  That's what allows a live product to grow.  Making mistakes and fixing them is part of what makes a well-oiled machine run.

The bigger problem, in my opinion, is that the game is already struggling to maintain the interest of the high level players who probably drive a substantial portion of Glu’s revenue off this game. The top guys in most player boxes are trash with ridiculous skills. CVC rewards haven’t changed in ages. The reward players for WOH (the premier event of this app) all come from the same 2-3 positions and all seem have the same 2 or 3 skills. And now this draconian “fix” eliminates some of the few incentives higher level players have to keep playing. Without that, we higher level players are going to stop grinding, which means we’ll stop spending money, which means that much of Glu’s revenue will dry up.  At least, I know that’s true for me personally, as I’m finding it harder and harder to justify devoting the time necessary to grind this game because the rewards simply aren’t worth it. 
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts

#cancelledsubscriptions
    edited November 2019

Instead of a deny all (literally) why not just prevent joining a club once CvC started for the duration of the matchup?
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2019

@blueleopard
    Your second paragraph is not something I have ever heard of and I closely watch both these forums and Facebook.  Random people joining clubs, commiting foul play and getting the entire club banned?  Banned as in jailed?  

If this is truly a problem, my advice would be as suggested earlier:  Eliminate public clubs.  All clubs are private with entry controlled by a password set by the leader.  

It takes away all malicious activity, no sniping, no unauthorized entry, leaders can open it up for EVO hunting and then change the password. 

Seems better to me than a half a day cooldown period.  Is anyone ever going to join a public club now anyway?  In any event, if the major game change was to require clubs to all be protected, I can't imagine it would be met with this level of backlash.  
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Sounds like maybe a better solution - would have been to make all clubs invite only.....
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Here is what I comprehended when I read this part of your post. 

Glu cannot stop the foul play. People aren’t controlling who joins their clubs (which is an in game option). People complain because Glu cannot stop the foul play and they aren’t taking advantage of the ability to limit who joins their club. Now everyone must suffer extreme consequences because of the few. 

The cool down timer isn’t an awful idea. 
    Want to curb evo hunting?  Want to curb people joining a club just to put up points?  Want to prevent people from joining random clubs to steal their cvc rewards?  A 2-hour timer accomplishes this
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Sorry...was reading page 5 when the conversation had already moved to page 6
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Interesting approach for Glu...They neglect to properly maintain and update their game, so the customers (us) then manipulate the ever growing amounts of glitches to create games within games-IE; evo hunting, cvc sniping, donations, etc...
    Meanwhile Glu does absolutely nothing for over a year. They let us play “fairly” in what is essentially a proverbial school yard, while posting the “pool rules” by the deck. 
    Now, they want to take that away!!!!???  You couldn’t be that stupid. We made the game fun while you did nothing. I don’t evo hunt, nor do I cvc snipe. But I sympathize for everyone here. This Cool Down thing has potential of ruining the game we made while you did nothing. 
    Dude, yes! Meanwhile, people are pulling yesterday's Dodgers players from todays Orioles boxes. Let's not fix anything, just change it for the worse. CS gets too many messages? Stop 🤬ing up all day every day 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ChaoticChaotic Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Interesting approach for Glu...They neglect to properly maintain and update their game, so the customers (us) then manipulate the ever growing amounts of glitches to create games within games-IE; evo hunting, cvc sniping, donations, etc...
    Meanwhile Glu does absolutely nothing for over a year. They let us play “fairly” in what is essentially a proverbial school yard, while posting the “pool rules” by the deck. 
    Now, they want to take that away!!!!???  You couldn’t be that stupid. We made the game fun while you did nothing. I don’t evo hunt, nor do I cvc snipe. But I sympathize for everyone here. This Cool Down thing has potential of ruining the game we made while you did nothing. 
    This is real talk! 💪
  • Gîl_GaladGîl_Galad Registered Users, Member 63 Posts

Oh boy boy, so correct me if i am wrong buddy. We are about to hit the wall at full speed and you say let’s hit the wall and see what’s going to happened.  This might be the time to quit the game.  You said    « ...committing foul play, and getting the entire club banned... »? you will have to explain this crap you are talking about.   there are already fail safe in place to prevent intruders, you put the club private.  

But i could forget all this if you could bring back my old friend Glu bot that you guys  murdered few months back.  It was a very good friend and much more social than the only 9 post guy, 😉
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Things that caused this issue...glu removing the team chat page has made it impossible for smaller clubs to recruit. They leave their clubs open hoping to get randoms to help fill their club since global is a mess. People join clubs and drop monster c vs c rounds to meet the field pass requirements and leave. This is so it doesn’t affect their ability to make sure they win every c vs c in their club, while the other club has no chance at winning the rest of the weekend. While this sucks for the club that had their weekend ruined it should be the one and only time they forget to lock their club before c vs c, and glu should just add to the announcements to remember to lock your club....simple as that
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I fully realize this might be an unpopular opinion so let me get that out of the way.  I fully understand people like to be able to help other people, gifts for points, leveling clubs, swapping to a solo club for CvC etc.  What I feel they may be trying to address are a few things.  One being ok your club is having a good day, you’re in 2nd place at 10:30 pm by a seemingly wide margin (depends on the bracket but for the sake of argument you’re up 1.5B on 4th).  4th place team buys a few ringers from true top clubs and in 15 minutes you’re now down a billion points.  I’ve had this happen a few times, it’s awful. 

Now I would say that 12 hours is a bit much. 3-4 hours accomplishes 90% of the same goals as most people aren’t going to wait that long to cycle through clubs.  This would allow resets to reset but would need more coordination to pull off.  The griefing potential is an unfortunate side effect though, get kicked and you’re in a bad way, especially if you’re kicked in the last hour of an event.  

I’m fairly certain though that it was unintended by glu for people to be full free agents and jump around for evo and loyalty boxes on a whim.  It allows teams to grow faster than they intend.  Personally I don’t really care that much.  If I put in the time in a normal week if I don’t get bracketed with the whales two events a week my club is a threat to finish top 5-10 (4 D6 players can do damage in royale/BG settings, since August since we broke away from our old club we have 14 weekday and 2 weekend top 10s and one 1st place finish.). 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just wanted to add that the the time has been added to the title of the thread. 12pm UTC time is 5am pacific time. I'm not exactly thrilled, but plan accordingly guys.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jrichmanesqjrichmanesq Registered Users, Member 10 Posts

What I’m reading is, you’ve got a persistent gnat buzzing in your ear, and your solution is to take aim at your head with a shotgun. 

🤷‍♂️Set your club to private...problem solved. 
    Edit: What does foul play entail?  
    Not knowing how your game is actually played??
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    edited November 2019
    as far as the lazy, can't put up points to beat another team so i'll hire someone who can, I LOVE THIS!

from the standpoint of moving on to a new club, dislike it but i don't decide the gameplay of this game.  choose an event with crap rewards/accolades and suck it up!

evo hunting - gotta pay some price for sandbagging.  we diamond teams have too much evo bit get penalized in cvc due to the disadvantage we have compared to a gold team.  we aren't crying about it… 

reset clubs - again, love it! allows the lower strength gamers a chance to win.  where can one draw a sense of pride beating clubs that stand no chance?

cvc sniping…  lol smh

• JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts

I agree that learning from our mistakes is ultra important but this cool down timer shows us how out of touch the developers are.  

There are such better and easier solutions to fix the issues described above. It sounds like laziness wins. It’s not your fault but it is poor judgement.  

I tell my kids to think before they act, not do something stupid, see how the pieces fall, and maybe they’ll do better next time. 

Trial and error is not a good response when you have many paying customers.  This is poor judgement. Managers get paid to use good judgement to minimize risk and maximize resources. I’m glad my bonus isn’t gonna ride on this decision. 

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
     But i could forget all this if you could bring back my old friend Glu bot that you guys  murdered few months back.  It was a very good friend 
    I second this motion.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mpimen007mpimen007 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    If this stays then it will basically make me a club of 1 where I sit in my diamond club and play Monday and cvc days... that's not very fun either.  It essentially takes away the fun, I'll never make top 10 and me pulling a player won't be as much fun because I'm not able to help anyone out.
  • PettyKingPettyKing Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    No reason to take a team past silver now. Once you cap all your guys at silver you've beaten the game. Just quit. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    My interpretation of this explanation is this: we can’t manage our game well enough to avoid punishing up to 19 innocent people in a club and letting the actual culprit get away so we are restricting all of you. 

Also, one minute after that culprit finishes his cool down; he can commit his transgression again because we haven’t addressed the root cause. 

Is that about right?
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    What is it that one player is doing that gets his entire team in trouble?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    The abject stupidity of this is what you described above exists in literally every mobile game ever created.  Players learn to manipulate the rules to create the game within the game.  

The difference is, the good developers understand this never changes, and learned how to harness that game to generate revenue. GLU is doing the exact opposite.  To be honest, about the only thing they seem to be doing well right now is losing a couple million dollars a quarter 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts