Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    🤷‍♂️Set your club to private...problem solved. 
    Edit: What does foul play entail?  
    It involves good tap bad tap and a teddy bear
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Trying to catch up on this thread been a super busy day haven’t had time today. It’s been interesting to watch the game change since 17 some good some bad but this is a whole other level of bad. Just an absolute horrible decision it’s obvious they are trying to control how much resources/free cvc boxes one can get from jumping.. while doing it under the guise of complaints and betterment of the Tsb community which is just a excuse. All about $$$ everything thing they do is meticulously planned this didn’t derive from a few complaints.
    However I am happy to see @blueleopard “flagged” this for the “devs”. The “devs” may want to take a look at this one as it seems the majority have some complaints 🤔
  • MOSSMOSS Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    The Ghost of '18 Holiday Ted Williams comes back to spite us..."If I had to stay with the same club and suffer, the rest of you are coming with me!"

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    with the new 12 hour cool down period I wonder what the box sales will be like from noon to midnight on Sunday. Can’t join a discount club to level up your new player then why buy boxes 
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    Having three days to cycle WOH HOF is being overlooked for resource building.  Especially when it's by far the best method for obtaining LXP which is what most people need.  it's also great for cash, which with FP means multiple d6 cycling just from tournaments.  That means much more free gold AND lxp.  

People will still trade gifts for points, juat at a lesser clip. example,  at noon, get your boxes/players…  level them.  be out of first club by one ( hopefully you are already in the first club at noon).   under that thinking club 2 is ready at 1 am.  be out by 2 am.  club three at 2 pm out by 3pm…  club 3 begins at 3 am out by 4 am and last club sunday at 4pm.  

so that kills the thought of what i like most about this.  However, I do like how it limits reset clubs as the weaker clubs now stand a chance to enjoy the game more as they stand a better chance of placing in events - remember I said in a previous thread that not enough brackets would be a bad thing for this game…  500 clubs per minors bracket is absurd.

loyalty boxes…  those were limited to 50 in '17 when people were exploiting them for the 150 gold that is no longer in them.  makes no sense to keep them at 50 still… 

I don't buy the "getting club banned" excuse as I haven't even seen this mentioned in passing…  maybe a year or two ago, sure.  

People, as always will find their ways around this and it is likely to slightly curb things, it won't solve much but watching the egos on global react last night like the sky was falling was great entertainment!

Finally to the devs - if you lessen the cool down to help the sandbagging evo hunters, please make cvc more friendly to those of us that don't need evo and should, by all logic be better at cvc that a gold team :)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    inoculum said:
    Having three days to cycle WOH HOF is being overlooked for resource building.  Especially when it's by far the best method for obtaining LXP which is what most people need.  it's also great for cash, which with FP means multiple d6 cycling just from tournaments.  That means much more free gold AND lxp.  

People will still trade gifts for points, juat at a lesser clip. example,  at noon, get your boxes/players…  level them.  be out of first club by one ( hopefully you are already in the first club at noon).   under that thinking club 2 is ready at 1 am.  be out by 2 am.  club three at 2 pm out by 3pm…  club 3 begins at 3 am out by 4 am and last club sunday at 4pm.  

so that kills the thought of what i like most about this.  However, I do like how it limits reset clubs as the weaker clubs now stand a chance to enjoy the game more as they stand a better chance of placing in events - remember I said in a previous thread that not enough brackets would be a bad thing for this game…  500 clubs per minors bracket is absurd.

loyalty boxes…  those were limited to 50 in '17 when people were exploiting them for the 150 gold that is no longer in them.  makes no sense to keep them at 50 still… 

I don't buy the "getting club banned" excuse as I haven't even seen this mentioned in passing…  maybe a year or two ago, sure.  

People, as always will find their ways around this and it is likely to slightly curb things, it won't solve much but watching the egos on global react last night like the sky was falling was great entertainment!

Finally to the devs - if you lessen the cool down to help the sandbagging evo hunters, please make cvc more friendly to those of us that don't need evo and should, by all logic be better at cvc that a gold team :)

it's certainly not three days to cycle HOF, and I'm going to be surprised if it's three days to cycle Royale woh.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    inoculum said:

it's certainly not three days to cycle HOF, and I'm going to be surprised if it's three days to cycle Royale woh.

Would the world be ending if it was? is it more fun to be pessimistic and complain or do you stay younger being happy and optimistic?

look, i'm merely playing devil's advocate.  There is far too much negativity and I don't understand why.  I honestly don't.

the only way this effects myself or my club is less chance of a club behind us paying a merc for points they can't produce on their own.  I suppose I'm lucky to have forged good friendships as far back as '17 to be able to enjoy the product as-is and not have to "wish in one hand"
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Sorry, late to the discussion here.  I leave my club first time ever on Monday and join the forum group for WOH event and the club takes 1st.  Its the only time I can remember actually having fun in the game in months(Since the Ring the Bell Phillies Box).  So, its probably my fault they changed the rules.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    inoculum said:

Would the world be ending if it was? is it more fun to be pessimistic and complain or do you stay younger being happy and optimistic?

look, i'm merely playing devil's advocate.  There is far too much negativity and I don't understand why.  I honestly don't.

the only way this effects myself or my club is less chance of a club behind us paying a merc for points they can't produce on their own.  I suppose I'm lucky to have forged good friendships as far back as '17 to be able to enjoy the product as-is and not have to "wish in one hand"
    If it doesn't affect you, you can always try to think beyond yourself and understand the various ways this affects others and see the obvious push to get people to pay for things that have basically been free all along. I don't Evo hunt, and haven't needed to for months; but I recognize the difference between spending your gloves and balls for Evo rather than spending your gold for lame Evo boxes for others. Solo CVC guys have made the conscious decision to usually forego event rewards for CVC rewards, and still have to put up the right amount of points to win the matches. I also understand some guys play with one club on Mondays and Wednesdays, and a different club for the rest of the week (instead of going solo); they can kiss that goodbye since they won't make it to their next club in time to qualify for rewards. 

I can understand the frustration of being ahead all day just to be wrecked within the last hour or two because club X brought in help, I've had it happen myself numerous times and I've been apart of doing that to others as well. I guess I just don't enjoy all of the nuances of the game being taken away in an attempt to force us to pay for things and play the game in one linear way.

Edit: the main thing is I would prefer these guys make changes to all of the issues/bugs/glitches/oversights/lazy errors/etc this game endures rather than take away numerous options within the game that so many people enjoy. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    inoculum said:

Lol. I have a family, a job, and a normal sleep schedule. If I’m waking up in the middle of the night, it won’t be to switch clubs, it’ll be to pee and get back in bed. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Sorry, late to the discussion here.  I leave my club first time ever on Monday and join the forum group for WOH event and the club takes 1st.  Its the only time I can remember actually having fun in the game in months(Since the Ring the Bell Phillies Box).  So, its probably my fault they changed the rules.  
    That was one of the things I liked most about it.   I will try and be out of my club right after the event sunday and I say we still do this.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @matt_sackett you're going to have to leave before the event ends on sunday. otherwise you have no time to move for monday's event. probably need to leave right after the final cvc sunday night
    criffy said:
    @matt_sackett you're going to have to leave before the event ends on sunday. otherwise you have no time to move for monday's event. probably need to leave right after the final cvc sunday night
    Well its Glu...assuredly there will be some dumbass glitch that will allow us to gather on monday. or probably ban us all together

• bigjay148bigjay148 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    So, I’ve read a lot of the posts, not all, when I went to bed, there were four pages, I woke up and now there are 7. Sure Glu is going to look at this. Or I am naive. 

One thing I haven’t seen is something that affects several clubs, and I think that’s what this is aimed at, is the clubs that reset every morning. I’ve been in clubs that do that, and I’ve been in the same club for weeks and one time even a full year. To me, it seems as though Glu said, “we have a host of issues to fix, so we are going to royally @&$# everyone. 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    @matt_sackett That’s exactly what I was planning on doing. My solo CVC club isn’t going to rack up  enough points to place anyways. I’ll be leaving after the last CVC Sunday night, giving me enough time to join a forum club for HOF on Monday morning. Just let me know where y’all are going and if y’all have room!
    @RookieTapper should be plenty of room with it just being us lol...Ill open up my solo club

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    inoculum said:
    inoculum said:

If you truly dont understand why people are being negative about this change then I wont attempt to waste my time explaining.  Everyone plays this game different and alot of us like to help each other through the game in ways that wont cost us hundreds of dollars.  I feel like cvc sniping is what everyone talks about but there about but there are alot of other aspects that this kills and it will be felt quickly.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

We've all been talking about the impact on heavy gamers, the grinders among us.  But what about newbies?  You play in a club, but the group isn't competitive and you decide you want to switch.  It's 8am, you just checked your team for the first time after the end of the last event.  Now, you're frozen out--you can't play in a club that day.  You've done nothing wrong, you just want to search out a better club.  Glu is effectively saying you have to pay a  24 hour penalty in order to do this.  

Some of those who support this change are in clubs that never win.  They believe that they will have a better chance of doing well in events now.  I highly, highly doubt that. Where do you think all of the "big time" players are going to go?  The really big spenders will stay in their mega clubs and continue to dominate Cooperstown.  The grinders who do reset clubs will either find a way to keep resetting (sacrificing a Tuesday to reset on Mondays and Wednesdays, for example), or they will gather forces and form clubs that will push the weaker clubs further down in the rankings.

I'm just not seeing how this is good for anyone.  Especially when the fix to the issue that Glu purports to be fixing was already built into the game--make your club private and exclude people you don't know or trust.  It certainly should not be good for Glu's bottom line, as frustration should depress revenue.  The only thing unlikely to change is that the top end of the game will continue to be dominated by the big Cooperstown clubs and their big spending members. 

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    edited November 2019

The rest of you, let’s not tolerate this tyrany ! 

“ aye , fight and you may die. Run and you’ll live, at least for a while. Dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives , but they will never take our freedom!”
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Apparently, guys are still moving around as we speak. Unless it was specifically stated, it had always been UTC time in the past. Regardless, guys should park in their club soon if they haven't already done so.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Apparently, guys are still moving around as we speak. Unless it was specifically stated, it had always been UTC time in the past. Regardless, guys should park in their club soon if they haven't already done so.

I'm now just curious how some people are getting two disagrees and others are only getting one.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I'm now just curious how some people are getting two disagrees and others are only getting one.  
    The person with one disagree is the 2nd disagreer. Can’t react to your own post :)
    The person with one disagree is the 2nd disagreer. Can’t react to your own post :)

MoenPDC said:

The rest of you, let’s not tolerate this tyrany ! 

“ aye , fight and you may die. Run and you’ll live, at least for a while. Dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives , but they will never take our freedom!”
    and Yet all I can see is

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I've had a night of sleep to think about it. My thoughts:
    • This change has to come down to Glu trying to squeeze more money out of players like me. I am not a VIP nor d6 cycler. I hang out at gold and enjoy the game at this point having been free to play for the past 3 months. I've spent around $250 year to date on this game and it was all early on to get my team towards the top end of the curve to cycle WOH (classic and the first few times of HOF when primes were all the rage). Since then, I haven't had to spend any money to be competitive, just time. Which brings me to my second point...
    • There's a fix for the other issues in the game (buying points last minute, cvc sniping, etc.) by just not allowing people's point total to count if they weren't part of a club at the beginning of an event / cvc match. Simple, simple fix. So the 12 hr cool down really can't be for this reason.
    • Reset clubs I thought were addressed by the new bracketing system, but maybe they have been trying to address the outsized rewards for reset clubs. Maybe make a Cooperstown club's bracket rewards be that much more enticing than a Majors bracket. We all have already figured out how to work the system but it wouldn't be necessary if Glu put all of the good rewards in Cooperstown.
    • From an evo perspective, Glu is trying to make us sink more money into resources that we have figured out how to get for "free." I haven't evo hunted as much this year as I probably should have, as my evo stack is pretty small given where my team is at. I use it for skill leveling nowadays, capping a player's overall at gold isn't a problem.
    • Maybe they don't like CVC solo clubs getting all of the awesome rewards, but fix that system by giving out the same rewards to all players in a club for CVC wins. MVP / high round rewards is what breaks clubs apart and ruins the social aspect of the game for the more casual player.
    • I get that they are trying to "fix" the product in their eyes, but they have had 8 months of people PAYING for a game to play it the way they want to. Why can't you just leave 2019 alone and work these changes to 2020? I have spent money for a product this year that just changes on a whim because they are trying to grind more of my cash? I have plenty of cash to spend (no kids, dual income household) - I am the customer demographic you want, but it seems like they are just trying to prey on their "whales" by appeasing them. 
    • At a certain point these changes just make the game I've spent so much time on this year not fun anymore. I am probably going to ride out the rest of 2019 until my evo stack dies, but likely will be out for 2020. To the flip side, my wife will be happy that she gets me back for Mondays I guess
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    criffy said: 
    • Maybe they don't like CVC solo clubs getting all of the awesome rewards, but fix that system by giving out the same rewards to all players in a club for CVC wins. MVP / high round rewards is what breaks clubs apart and ruins the social aspect of the game for the more casual player.
    Amen. Ruined my year. Left the fun club I was in over this and never found another one. Solo club gets old and I will never get it to platinum....especially now. EVO hunters were basically my only hope. Will be very hard to shop or recruit now. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    You will never get 100% agreement on any issue, most issues are split close to 50/50 but this is one issue I think if you polled the entire population of players you would get about 95% that hate this change and 5% that like it. And of that 5% I bet most of them would agree that there was a better alternative that Glu could have implemented (many of which already mentioned in this thread). 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I thought someone’s pool analogy a few pages back was quite apt.  Rather than post a “no running sign” or closing the snack bar down an hour before pool close, or charging an entry fee to the pool to keep riff raff out....they just closed the whole damn pool
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    inoculum said:
    @inoculum
    Not sure what you are referring to here?  There is no 3 days to cycle WOH HOF as there is no tower based WOH for Royale unless I missed something and that is changing.  

So there's no LXP to farm this weekend.  Other resources, yes, but it doesn't sound like Royale weekend is here to stay beyond this weekend.