Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    You will never get 100% agreement on any issue, most issues are split close to 50/50 but this is one issue I think if you polled the entire population of players you would get about 95% that hate this change and 5% that like it. And of that 5% I bet most of them would agree that there was a better alternative that Glu could have implemented (many of which already mentioned in this thread). 

The people who like it now will either be ambivalent about it in two weeks, or will absolutely hate it like the rest of us.  There is no benefit to anyone, IMO.  Other than Glu. 
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    We get this no club hopping stuff today, just wait til weekend royale. Just wait until everyone sees that WOH is going to be locked after a certain number of completions and have to buy to play or wait for cooldown.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You will never get 100% agreement on any issue, most issues are split close to 50/50 but this is one issue I think if you polled the entire population of players you would get about 95% that hate this change and 5% that like it. And of that 5% I bet most of them would agree that there was a better alternative that Glu could have implemented (many of which already mentioned in this thread). 
    'This is intended to make clubs a more cohesive unit and to improve the player experience,' is the stated objective of the cool-down. That's a great goal, but even the guys who are 'okay' with the cool down appear to think that 12 hours is excessive. Obviously, I'm not up to speed with all the nuances that goes into such a change, but I can't imagine how a 12 hour cool down will benefit any segment of the community. At best, some are indifferent. In the process, they've further alienated the majority of their players, as evidenced here in this thread and on multiple social media outlets. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Metsicans said:

The people who like it now will either be ambivalent about it in two weeks, or will absolutely hate it like the rest of us.  There is no benefit to anyone, IMO.  Other than Glu. 
    I fail to see how it really helps Glu? I imagine that they see that sales of their "products" are down and they're trying to force us into buying them (i.e. boxes in the store, etc.), but it's just going to lull us into playing less (and buying less). 
  • ChaoticChaotic Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I haven’t seen an uproar like this since Trump was elected!
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    People need to vote with their wallets.  Don't log in all weekend.  Enjoy your families.  Glu needs to feel it. Otherwise the same behavior happens, we complain about glitches and keep spending and playing and watching videos and complaining.

Back up the outrage with (lack of) actions.
    So.....the cool-down has been removed from the 'news' section of the app. What does that mean? lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    DFBB said:
    'This is intended to make clubs a more cohesive unit and to improve the player experience,' is the stated objective of the cool-down.

Well they can't say 'This is intended to force everyone to buy evo and not be able to create reset clubs for better rewards'
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    So.....the cool-down has been removed from the 'news' section of the app. What does that mean? lol
    We did it?
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    inoculum said:
    Having three days to cycle WOH HOF is being overlooked for resource building.  Especially when it's by far the best method for obtaining LXP which is what most people need.  it's also great for cash, which with FP means multiple d6 cycling just from tournaments.  That means much more free gold AND lxp.  
    @inoculum
    Not sure what you are referring to here?  There is no 3 days to cycle WOH HOF as there is no tower based WOH for Royale unless I missed something and that is changing.  

So there's no LXP to farm this weekend.  Other resources, yes, but it doesn't sound like Royale weekend is here to stay beyond this weekend.  
    Yeah I know, I'm trying to will/plant an idea here ;)

royale woh is a pointless event.  I am hoping for a reason to play the weekend.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Has anyone tried to exit a club and join a new one to test the cool down?
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    Has anyone tried to exit a club and join a new one to test the cool down?
    Just did it 15 minutes ago, no cool down yet
    I've been told that the cool-down is now live. :(
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited November 2019
    So should I kick my alt account and see if it can get back in
    -edit- 
    ill test it in 7 min
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Anyone willing to verify? I’m curious about how they communicate the cool down timer and whatnot.

Anyone willing to verify? I’m curious about how they communicate the cool down timer and whatnot.
    Ill let you know when cvc is done.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts

edited November 2019

Let the fuckary begin

Where is my goddamned timer?????

Guess my time spending money on this app has come to an end,
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    pujols is that you on the left?
  • FGLxUFGLxU Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Just doesn’t make sense 
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Hypothetically, could you could still create a club?  You can't join another, but can you create a new one...
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Is a horrible idea, obviously poorly thought out. How anyone could think that this will do anything but make revenue decline is insane. Takes the social aspect completely away except with the 19 other in your club. I club up with dozens of different people on a regular basis and as of now i am only parking in a dead club and playing cvc, not spending a dime. 
    edited November 2019
    @Bigburg I like where your head is at, but unfortunately that doesn't help with CVC (one of the primary detriments, IMO, to being blocked from joining a club for 12 hours).  A new club will be bronze and have terrible CVC rewards.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I read somewhere here a while ago that you don't accumulate gloves from BG/TG if you're not in a club.  Is that true?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I am actually pretty stunned that this is still happening given that theres been 24 hours worth of feedback since the news first dropped.   
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    @Bigburg I like where your head is at, but unfortunately that doesn't help with CVC (one of the primary detriments, IMO, to being blocked from joining a club for 12 hours).  A new club will be bronze and have terrible CVC rewards.
    True.
    edited November 2019
    Bigburg said:
    Hypothetically, could you could still create a club?  You can't join another, but can you create a new one...
    Nope I just tried, or you could join me in suck my glu...but the cooldown applies to creating one too.