Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I'm still thinking this 12 hour timer is a Glu negotiation tactic much like the initial increase to weekday field pass to $20 US. After the weekend or maybe even after today they will scale it back to the 2-6 hour range and people will be happier to accept the cool down at the new interval.

If they had opened with a 2 hour cool down they may have gotten very similar backlash to what has already happened, with very little room for adjusting. By opening at 12 they have lots of room to negotiate. 

I realize this assumes competency on the part of Glu. Please forgive me.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts

Let the fuckary begin

Where is my goddamned timer?????
    Yours is for an indefinite period of time 😂😂😂
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Also...you can Invite someone but they cannot join. tried that too.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I am actually pretty stunned that this is still happening given that theres been 24 hours worth of feedback since the news first dropped.   
    As long as they continue to make money it won’t get reversed... and they will continue to make money  because the whales 🐳 will continue drop money 💰. 
    So Im not surprised... but I was hopeful it would get reversed. Meh Fishul thinking 😕
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited November 2019
    They should release weekend boxes 13 hours before the event begins so I can decide which one I like and move to the appropriate club.  That’s a reasonable request. I’m sure they are already on it. 
  • TwinsBomberTwinsBomber Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    It's hard to tell what are the real objectives of the club join cooldown.  I understand objections to cvc sniping, or "buying" points with gifts, and other things that have been mentioned.  Some of that may not seem right to some, but it was all within the way the game worked - none of it was cheating.  Maybe those who say it's all about the money are right.  In any case, this is a wildly over-the-top response.  Maybe they should take a more positive (vs. punitive) approach and change the incentives.  For example, provide better club rewards and reduce individual awards for "club activities".  Offer different activities that reward individual excellence that don't depend on your club and don't hurt clubmates.  And it makes sense to say you need to be a club member continuously from the beginning of a cvc event to the end to collect rewards from that event.  But this "cooldown" approach kills a lot of perfectly valid tactics in the game.  Here's hoping that they rethink this change, and allow movement between clubs, at least from one day to the next.  I know this will hurt me and my club.
  • swinginjonnyswinginjonny Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I'm fine with the idea of the change, I like that it will minimize stealing cvc rewards, etc, but why not just have a moratorium on changing clubs DURING the events, then allow free changes between events? This seems like it solves the problems, but still allows players to help others level clubs and gain resources at the times when there really isn't much else to do in the game. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    If the biggest optimist,  @dfbb , on this forum has said those words, glu really needs to think about how the rest of us feel
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Maybe their objective is to target all the clubs below top 25 and give them a fighting a chance. Either way, all they are doing is alienating a large portions of the user base. Those bottom clubs dont spend money, nor do they compete and spend to level players. Makes no sense to try and please the 5% of people that play 5 games a day just to pass the time versus the people that grind the game. O well, on a bright note its almost xmas time and my wallet is officially closed off from the game. Ill save my money for more important things, thanks for fukkking up a good thing. Even with all the bullshit we put up with all year we still stayed, good way to reward your player base.  Keep targeting those bottom, non spending clubs. Im sure they will help get your company out of the shitter.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Dang it!  I tried to buy some gold and my credit card is on a cool down!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • WackGoneLocoWackGoneLoco Registered Users, Member 95 Posts
    11/7/19 the day TSB began its death. So disrespectful this move. Only benefits the wealthy. Glu is so ignorant that they side with the complete morons who are too dumb to lock their club for cvc.  Going solo for cvc was really my only way to acquire xp. I really hope there’s a mass exodus from this. I’m one of those who is not able to spend freely so my team can’t compete with top teams. So I’m told too bad sucka. You get nothing but the lame as hell club rewards. 
  • littleblueylittlebluey Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I just found this forum today and see that this change has some people angry.  As a more casual player, however, I am very much in favor of this change because the way people have been hopping around to snipe CvC has always felt misleading to me.  My club would get matched up with a similar club and then some super expert with a jacked team would pop in at the last minute and cause the other club to win and then would take the rewards and leave. The game is more fun when things are more evenly matched.
  • WackGoneLocoWackGoneLoco Registered Users, Member 95 Posts
    A major positive to this game was the different ways to play which helped balance the game between spenders and loyal hard working non spenders but to take away your choice of play is wrong on every level. Way to upset your core and majority customer. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Then lock your clubs, its a simple fix. Its why the function exists.  Everybody bitching about the people who jump around dropping pts and sniping cvc. If 1 person can beat your entire club that easily then guess what. Get better, if 1 person can beat your entire squad of 20 then your clubs sucks, bottom line. Bitch and cry folks, if you wanna get better rewards ana makes your times better, then sometimes getting outside help is the way to do it. Why not send 1 gift to a guy who can drop 500m pts in 30min for you? All the bitching and crying is from the casual players dont understand the grind of the game and have been playing for years. I loved knowing that if and when I have have those bonus players I can go help other helps that need it. I never did points for gifts ever playing game and never will. I always just helped those that needed it. Why? Because it was fun.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I just found this forum today and see that this change has some people angry.  As a more casual player, however, I am very much in favor of this change because the way people have been hopping around to snipe CvC has always felt misleading to me.  My club would get matched up with a similar club and then some super expert with a jacked team would pop in at the last minute and cause the other club to win and then would take the rewards and leave. The game is more fun when things are more evenly matched.
    And that 1 guy probably generates more revenue for GLU than your entire club.  That’s the insanity of the decision being made here
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I'm fine with the idea of the change, I like that it will minimize stealing cvc rewards, etc, but why not just have a moratorium on changing clubs DURING the events, then allow free changes between events? This seems like it solves the problems, but still allows players to help others level clubs and gain resources at the times when there really isn't much else to do in the game. 
    This is what I was wondering. If this is really what it’s designed to do, just prevent club movement during the events and CVC. What’s wrong with the rest of the time being a free for all? As others have mentioned, it’s become a game within the game. That alone has generated a lot more play than anything else. Not to mention, gifts = $$$, why discourage that?
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Seems pretty damaging from a user experience perspective.  My club has everyone as assistants and we can all kick guys out.  A couple of guys are super quick to boot guys that don't contribute right away to their liking.  Or just because-they are honery quite frankly.  Yes our club limits should be raised and such but they aren't and so these poor folks stumble in our club and get booted during a CVS and get stuck for 12 hours.  Can you imagine if that is your first experience with this game?  You download it and join a club that pops up on the splash page looking to understand the game and get locked out for 12 hours.  Incredibly short-sighted if they are trying to grow paying customers IMO.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    bigjay148 said:
    It’s their attempt to stop clubs from resetting, IMO, which they have tried to stop several times. It’s BS. But at least I’ll get to spend my money somewhere else now, like on better whiskey!
    It addresses a multitude of issues.....CvC sniping/resource reaping, evo hunting/free evo, reset clubs, mega clubs that rotate players thru in CvC and event matchups so that more than 20 participate.......in the end the result is a deflation of the game, reduction in the inherent complexities, and makes it more expensive to operate at the same rate and level as before.  

I will not play next year.  They killed the game.  
    Love you too trolls 💕 ......I’m gunning for the 1000 disagree badge by the end of next week.   😉 
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    So this dude is 100% a GLU employee who’s trying to sway us all. Look dude, if DFBB of all damn people says this ain’t fun, then it’s not fun. Get your ish together GLU.
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts

• onefiveeightonefiveeight Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I am not affected by this personally since I am club loyal so it doesn't matter much to me. All these benefits people see from the club hopping I don't share since evo and xps can be achieved in other ways. Never had a problem with that. The helping people out during events I find will be missing in this new concept which is a pity. But it has to be active for a while to see what the effects are. I think the bracketing would be easier and with a limited amount of clubs being active bracketing will be easier and the game will be less laggy hopefully.
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    @checkitmyles Morty is so wise. New season on Sunday!

Well.......at least there is a little transparency in motives.  This was at the top of the specials just now. LOL.......can’t fault them for trying but I think they need to wait more than a day to capitalize on evo shortages due to the elimination of evo hunting.  

........the dirty side of capitalism indeed.......
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Another 4 and a half hours until I'm eligible to join a club 🙄 this blows
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    They have completely eliminated the ability to recruit, leaving clubs unfilled and killing morale. It's not something you want to aim for in baseballs offseason when people have one foot out the door.
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    They have completely eliminated the ability to recruit, leaving clubs unfilled and killing morale. It's not something you want to aim for in baseballs offseason when people have one foot out the door.
    - 100% Agree.  I’m already unmotivated and losing interest.
    - It’s a club killer if you don’t already have a group.  It’s a new user nightmare.  It’s spoiling attitudes of many current loyal players. 
    - I really like and enjoy the game so I’m concerned about the long term viability of the game if they stick with this. 

Players lose interest = Spend less = Glu has less money to re-invest = Lousy game = Players lose interest = Repeat

Field Pass = brilliant business move
    Specials Tab deals = brilliant business move
    Cool Down Timer = dumbest GLU move ever
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    😴 I shared something that's already been shared and deleted it 😴
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Comment Deleted   

as well.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.