Do you support the Cool Down Period?

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
Just curious on the numbers and split. Please vote and let's see,
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy

Do you support the Cool Down Period? 100 votes

Yes
17%
HeadRushProbodybuilder25Jacksonbryzzo1744fahhq2PINKYSTARFISHsoxfanbabybomber2000likenightBOZZCOsugarshortstacobravesUncleB238SandlotGuruThekid84davidwg1babyjboots 17 votes
No
70%
MattattackBigpredfanBase15MetsicansDFBBpleeman11Itsouttahere2dkarski87ihuffgluHaraycarayYankees917182Boston0714DPKSLonzoBallinwhammo911bigjay148matt_sacketttocopan18bigvivecCalYente 70 votes
Not Affected/ Dont Care
13%
snowy24LudwigMonsterlouisawesomeslafrance2ReadingFightingPhilsTheLegend17JCAM80bobremmancov2001cb11AgulierspeedMillecorsRippers 13 votes
Prev1

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019
    No
    Can you add another option that is a yes but needs length of time to be adjusted? We've seen posts that reflect that, including everyone's new friend @buddydave ;)
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    No
    I voted on it “as is”. Make that timer 2 hours and I would probably click yes. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Can you add another option that is a yes but needs length of time to be adjusted? We've seen posts that reflect that, including everyone's new friend @buddydave ;)
    Thanks, Hunks!  :D
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    No
    I will never support cool down.  There are better ways to accomplish their stated objective.  
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    No
    If CVC sniping is the issue, make CVC like club events in that you have to be in the club when the round starts if you want to qualify for any rewards.  But we all know that isn't really what's driving this change,
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Not Affected/ Dont Care
    It doesnt really bother me, because I am in my own club and just playing how it works for me. I do not really support it though. If you dont like CvC snipers club hoppers then make it privates as I did at the first CvC round.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    No
    Its killing the enjoyment of the game in so many ways - for me it's just fkin dumb and forcing the vast majority of us to play less
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    No
    This is the single silliest thing they’ve done all year. At least they don’t put players at the wrong positions...oh wait, never mind, that’s a thing too.
  • chris320320chris320320 Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
    No
    I do not like that it is 12 hours. I think that it is a horrible strategy to try to generate revenue for a game that is a few months away from being obsolete.  It does not affect me though because I am a solo club and cycling D6. This is probably the worst move GLU could have made for f2p and new players. 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Not Affected/ Dont Care
    I almost voted yes.  I think it will make more people quit, if more people quit, maybe they would fix the android lag, cvc panning, roster changes, cool down, skillgate, slugfest rewards, seth lugo playing for the yankees in WOH, players in wrong positions, oops you need to restart because you were doing to well, ect for next year (no hope for this year).  I think we as game players, we are part of the problem.  If we just complain and then we don't do anything about it / change our gaming habits the company realizes it can do anything.  I would love to play again, but I won't until android release gets fixed.  Going to a third party for a download is not fixed to me, even if I did there are so many other issues.  I  would guess most of the people who are upset now, are logged in, showing activity, mining gold video which equals GLU winning the debate.  Unfortunately this is my last post.  I will check back, maybe, to see if issues are fixed.  Good luck everyone.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    No
    I voted no even though it doesn’t affect me. Many of you are correct in saying they should have gone about this a different way. I think they may eventually reduce that time to actually deter what they claim to be deterring. I have enjoyed seeing guys like @MoenPDC progress so quickly by learning how to do all of this. I believe this is one of the reasons they are doing this though. They are trying to reduce the amount of people taking advantage of ‘loopholes’ they didn’t foresee when they developed the game. It’s just sad they are more focused on causing more issues than fixing the ones that were identified more than a year ago in last year’s version.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    No
    The bottom line is this forces you to play the game a certain way.  One of the cool things about the game previously is that people played differently and in turn that helped make the game better in my mind because there was more collaboration with others.   Stuff like evo hunting and helping others with points was a cool way to meet new people through out this game and helps make the TSB community function in my mind.
    I can spend alot of time complaining about the game itself but that's not really the point.  The people I have met while I have played is the main reason I still play.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    No
    buddydave said:
    Hanks*
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    No
    The bottom line is this forces you to play the game a certain way.  One of the cool things about the game previously is that people played differently and in turn that helped make the game better in my mind because there was more collaboration with others.   Stuff like evo hunting and helping others with points was a cool way to meet new people through out this game and helps make the TSB community function in my mind.
    I can spend alot of time complaining about the game itself but that's not really the point.  The people I have met while I have played is the main reason I still play.
    So what you are saying is that instead of Glu wanting us to be a community, they are wanting us to form gangs of 20 which fight with each other all the time?
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    No
    So what you are saying is that instead of Glu wanting us to be a community, they are wanting us to form gangs of 20 which fight with each other all the time?
    nah, they just want to buy those 20 evo specials
    No
    criffy said:
    Or go diamond 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    No
    criffy said:
    Or go diamond 
    that's right. to be competitive in diamond you need field pass (a revenue generator) or spend gobs of $$$ (also a revenue generator). we folk at gold were getting a free pass and as i mentioned yesterday before these evo specials came to the store, they are targeting us - basically telling us that we're not helping their bottom line anymore so either put up or gtfo of the system. just calling a spade a spade here.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    No
    I voted no but it doesn’t really affect me. I’ve only used a discount club once but I’ve had fun dropping points on occasion or playing in a forum club on Mondays. I just don’t like glu telling us how to play the game. Cheaters are still gonna cheat and loaders are still going to load. This doesn’t affect the whales only the guppies. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited November 2019
    No
    I just think it's hilarious how transparent Glu's motives are here.  On one hand, @blueleopard tells us that the cool down timer is meant to stop a few bad apples who allegedly join a club, commit unnamed bad acts to get the club banned (????), and then leave the club before the punishment is handed down.  And then on the other hand, basically the second the cool down timer goes live, Glu starts marketing EVO sales like crazy.  L.O.L.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    No
    Had my field pass expire ten minutes early too. Hmm 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Yes
    I said yes, but would like to see the cool down timer shortened.  I run a solo club but I've been a big beneficiary of evo hunters, charity and have enjoyed having random cool people drop in for a bit.  The flexibility of club hopping has definitely added to my enjoyment of the game, so I think they should tread lightly with any actions that stifle that ability.
    buddydave said:
    Hanks*
    Did I shorten his name incorrectly or did you just create a new portmanteau?
    No
    buddydave said:
    buddydave said:
    Hanks*
    Did I shorten his name incorrectly or did you just create a new portmanteau?
    I once sent in a request to CS and they replied to Dusty Hanks.
    I wonder if the only person Henry Winkler hates in this world ever gets called Tom Hunks?
    No
    buddydave said:
    I wonder if the only person Henry Winkler hates in this world ever gets called Tom Hunks?
    By every native German speaker on the planet I would imagine.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    No
    I stated this in the other thread, I don’t know why club hopping and evo hunting and all the other things that happen outside of the events are bad. If they want to fix things that happen during the events, then they can prevent movement during events. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Yes
    ☝🏼 Because these forums are so much better when folks are fired up and downright angry. Frankly, anything beats the worshiping/fawning of Debbie. The tools that claim community and helpfulness are the same that spew faux outrage and contempt for those that disagree further alienating this “community”. If you don’t like the cool down, just quit playing. So go ahead and cry, pout, disagree and faux outrage cuz its the one mini game that can never be taken away by Glu.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Not choosing an option as I am in multiple of those answers. I am opposed to the current, but generally not affected aside from forum club days. I am not opposed to the CONCEPT but opposed to 12 hours. 1,2,4 hell even 6 hours would solve what they claim to solve. Community was built WITH the club hoppers coming along side you.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    No
    fahhq2 said:
    ☝🏼 Because these forums are so much better when folks are fired up and downright angry. Frankly, anything beats the worshiping/fawning of Debbie. The tools that claim community and helpfulness are the same that spew faux outrage and contempt for those that disagree further alienating this “community”. If you don’t like the cool down, just quit playing. So go ahead and cry, pout, disagree and faux outrage cuz its the one mini game that can never be taken away by Glu.
    My wheelhouse then!!!!!   Let’s get this hate party going!!   🎉 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    No
    Absolutely no timer. I could go on and list all the reasons why buy it’s already been said. In short the game is ruined and a shorter timer will not fix it.