Need Some Leveling Advice

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

So I've made some big missteps in this game before I found the forums and looking for some help here to avoid repeat patterns.

I had some good luck a moment ago with pulls.  Landed both Jackie Robinson (twice) and Chuck Knoblauch

So here is the conundrum.....I was still working on leveling my first LH 520 finisher, Boog Powell.  He's currently at G7.

I only have 48,000 LXP.  Do I spend it on finishing him out to G10?  Or do I need to take advantage of the discount weekend and level up Robinson and Knoblauch while I can?

This requires leaving my weekend CVC club where I can win probably 50-60% of the Matchups and CVC.  So if I need to jump to discount....when do I do it?

Comments

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Finish Boog
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Also, Does Robinson cost more to level than Knoblauch?  Do the ATG have different leveling schemes?
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    yes he's 3x more 
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
    ihuffglu said:
    yes he's 3x more 

Holy crap?  All the way to G10? 

And why so expensive?

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @TheFullMonte Finish boog and take his skills up to 12/12. Cycle hof on monday 10+ times. Do it again the week after. By then, you should get enough LXP to cap Jackie
    Boog Capped and taken to 12/12!

Next question:  my next best hitter is a 490 Campaneris.  He’s a RHH with Late Innings and  vs LHP.  Currently at G6

do I bother capping him?  Or save that LXP for one of the new 520 guys?
    edited November 2019
    DP
    edited November 2019
    with the current config, you need 2 top tier lefty finishers, one for 6.9 and 6.10. if you have solutions to 4.10 and 5.10, then no need to level campaneris. don't think they are changing the pitching lineup for another few weeks, but could be wrong on that.

edit: you can actually use a gold unlock on boog for 6.9 and 6.10. up to you.
    If that’s the case...what do I do with Knoblach and Jackie?

is #42 eligible for the weekend discount?  He’s a RHH....but at least he’s be double skilled
    edited November 2019
    jackie is a hammer for 6.7. he's great for other rounds too.

edit: the only reason i'd level jackie is because i'm missing a worthwhile legend 2b or because he's a potential keeper for next year.
    My current 2B is a LH 430 prime with ROB and vs RHP
    But I’ve now got (3) RHH 520’s....and just Boog as a LH Finisher
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    criffy said:
    jackie is a hammer for 6.7. he's great for other rounds too.

edit: the only reason i'd level jackie is because i'm missing a worthwhile legend 2b or because he's a potential keeper for next year.
    You don't need to level him to use him as a keeper for next year. 
    @Waveburner yeah, i mean i'd level him to use him the rest of this year plus the ancillary benefits of next year (if i'm still around).

@TheFullMonte i don't know if you're cycling hof or not, and also don't know the skills of your 520 righties, but they can help finish if both skills are activated regardless of handedness
    I am able to cycle HOF, no.

Powell becomes the answer to 6.10

whats the minimum I can get away with on 6.8 and 6.9?
    @TheFullMonte i'd recommend using boog for 6.9 too. 6.8 is easier, but if you're using a 520 righty with one skill on with an 80g boost, you'll have a shot, just not consistency in beating 6.8
    Oh wow.  I’m way further away from cycling than I thought.  Yeesh
    edited November 2019
    i don't think you are that far away. you need to beat it the first time and then it gets easier.

for your reference, i have a 490 max lefty at 6.8 (edmonds) with skills at 14/13 + video boost. no problem. prior to that i was using buckner, also another 490 max lefty with skills at 12/12 at 6.8 w/ video boost, won 70-80% of the time.

i am also a gold level player, which is different than the guys at diamond who are cycle capping with 430 guys.

Ok, so here is the conundrum.  Which one of these guys do I level?  Or do I just save the LXP since none of them will be much WOH HOF help anyway?

26,884 LXP To Spend:

Campaneris (490 SS) Current at G6 - Skills are Late Innings and vs LHP

Johnny Bench (520 C) Current at B10 - Skills are Blowout and vs LHP

Knoblauch (520 2B) Current at B1 - Skills are ROB and vs LHP

Robinson (520 ATG 2B) Current at B1 - Skills are Late Innings and Close

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Save LXP until you can cap a player at Gold 10. By the time you accumulate that LXP you probably will have a better player to upgrade.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Yeah, I'd save it too.  You really need some lefties.
    I'd like to know the percentage benefit they give for L vs. R.  It has to be pretty significant.
    I'd like to know the percentage benefit they give for L vs. R.  It has to be pretty significant.
    This is a question I’d like to know answer to as well

as it is...there is no point to having a 490 RHH Legend.

they are no better than a 450 Prime LHH
    I'm still waiting to upgrade my George Brett and Boog.  I don't know why the mega XP boxes aren't available more.
    Well, if you had a lot of spare LXP, I would say level a 520 RHH that could work against some of the lower guys just because he'd be so much better.  But if you're strapped, just wait it out for a bit.
  • donkeydongs1992donkeydongs1992 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Epic pull on Jackie dude, well done.
    1...2...3... Baseball!

I’ve pulled him THREE TIMES today....

which sounds awesome...until you realize he takes a bajillion LXP to level....

on my last set of CVC boxes...look who showed up....Mr 42 himself.  For the fourth time this weekend.