Put Kvan Smith back in the tournament box

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
edited November 2019 in General TSB Discussion
How can you justify switching things up mid event?  How do people now get him seeing he's not available anywhere?  You people are such a joke.... a really bad joke.

Fyi...... Epstein didn't kill himself j/s

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    *Kevan 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You knows what funny? We just proved this theory in tourney boxes are complete bs. Every diamond player in here knows exactly what Im talking about. They claim the FR coins are 27% odds, how many times did you pull Kevin when he was available? I pulled him 11 stright times opening my tourney boxes, this was just one set of open that I did. They put a player in to replace FR coins which was great and their own bs odds came back to bit them in the a.ss.  27% right? All diamond players know the odds in those boxes are bogus, we pull FR coins more then we pull BGs.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    You knows what funny? We just proved this theory in tourney boxes are complete bs. Every diamond player in here knows exactly what Im talking about. They claim the FR coins are 27% odds, how many times did you pull Kevin when he was available? I pulled him 11 stright times opening my tourney boxes, this was just one set of open that I did. They put a player in to replace FR coins which was great and their own bs odds came back to bit them in the a.ss.  27% right? All diamond players know the odds in those boxes are bogus, we pull FR coins more then we pull BGs.
    I wish I could hit "agree" 1,000 times on this.  Whenever I am grinding through tournaments to get BG's I end up with crap tons of ice packs and coins. 
    Oh and I bet he'll be for sale for $19.99 later today.
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    My observations are that the tourney box percentages are in line with those listed.  I do go in bad coin runs but overall they equal out for me.  I didn’t believe the odds at first so I tested it. I accumulated 350 Diamond Tourney Boxes a few weeks ago. A decent sample size.

Results:
    55% Bonus Games (1,977)
    18% Ice Wraps (192)
    27% Franchise Coins (94)

These percents are in line with the box odds of 56%, 17%, and 27%. 

Averaged 10.3 BG for each BG box.  Averaged 5.6 BG per box overall.  

HOWEVER, I 1000% AGREE WITH THE COMMENTS THAT CHANGING THE REWARDS IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EVENT IS NOT APPROPRIATE.  I bought Field Pass this weekend only because Kevan Smith was a reward in the box.  Now they removed him. Bait and switch.  

It is trickery and a deceptive move. The shady business practices continue. 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I posted in the bug report thread because no reputable company would ever do anything shady like this on purpose. An action like this surely crosses an ethical line no business should ever want to come close to. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I just woke up to play and saw this. This is complete BS. Why do they keep switching the rewards in the middle of the event? This is completely dishonest. This confirms for me why I’ll never spend any real money on this game. They pull shady things like this all the time. No way I’m giving actual money to a company that does stuff like this.
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Hopefully theyre just doing it in intervals. Like  12 and 12. For an extra bases event or if anyone still uses franchise players. Youd still need coins, but who knows. Wait another 3 hours to see because it did cut off around midnight 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Then they need to state that is what will happen. That’s the shady part of this. Changing the rules in the middle of the game is never good. Changing them without telling the players you changed them is downright cheating the players.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I had no idea this was even a thing yesterday til now.  I missed out on so much BXP.  :( 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Maybe people who aren’t diamonds complained that they couldn’t get him so they took him out of the box and are going to add him to specials menu for $19.99. Was he available in other tiers? I’m silver and definitely wasn’t available in tourney box. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Maybe people who aren’t diamonds complained that they couldn’t get him so they took him out of the box and are going to add him to specials menu for $19.99. Was he available in other tiers? I’m silver and definitely wasn’t available in tourney box. 
    He was in the gold tourney box last night also - gone now
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Judge said:
    My observations are that the tourney box percentages are in line with those listed.  I do go in bad coin runs but overall they equal out for me.  I didn’t believe the odds at first so I tested it. I accumulated 350 Diamond Tourney Boxes a few weeks ago. A decent sample size.

Results:
    55% Bonus Games (1,977)
    18% Ice Wraps (192)
    27% Franchise Coins (94)

These percents are in line with the box odds of 56%, 17%, and 27%. 

Averaged 10.3 BG for each BG box.  Averaged 5.6 BG per box overall.  

HOWEVER, I 1000% AGREE WITH THE COMMENTS THAT CHANGING THE REWARDS IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EVENT IS NOT APPROPRIATE.  I bought Field Pass this weekend only because Kevan Smith was a reward in the box.  Now they removed him. Bait and switch.  

It is trickery and a deceptive move. The shady business practices continue. 
    I also believe that the odds appear correct. I've open my fair share of tourney boxes and it's gone extreme both ways. I've had 7-8 boxes of all coins and I've had 20+ of all bonus game tickets, but our own bias tends to focus on the negative anomalies.  
    Smith should've never been in the tourney box or at least, his odds should've never been 27%. It seemed like a rather obvious error and I manually pounded through countless tourneys because I felt it would only be a matter of time before things were adjusted. 
    There are logs of when purchases are made so if they so choose, I'm sure they can sort things out. All that considered, this is yet another poorly thought out move. Imo, it was a huge mistake to even offer Smith in the tourney boxes at 27%. It was an even bigger mistake to pull him completely from the boxes. I have one word to describe the Smith debacle: irresponsible. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I see that my "dillholes" has been edited out.  Typically liberal crap.  "I'm offended!!! Let me dictate what people can and can't say!"
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Meanwhile the WOH rewards are a joke. They should’ve made it a little harder and increased the odds for a prime or legend. Beat it 10x and still didn’t get the prime or legend I’m about to give up it’s getting boring. At the very least they should’ve put all of the useless 360 players in it from the curveball box too. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    They are still trying to figure out if he’s a pitcher or catcher. Maybe he will resurface after some research