Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Judge said:
    Dear GLU. 
    I saw your note on the Cool-down timer.  I expected this to come soon.   

I think this is a CRITICAL mistake by your developers.  Please pass this along. 

This game has a cult-like following because of the current format.  Guys change clubs for EVO Hunting, to help other clubs, to move to different brackets, etc.  There are a variety of reasons.  Your developers know this but I don’t think they truly appreciate how much time guys spend talking and thinking about the game because of EVO hunting, club strategizing, etc.  TRUST ME, you want passionate game players because this game is VERY EXPENSIVE.   If you take this away, chatter will go down and guys will become less passionate.  In the end, THIS WILL AFFECT YOUR BOTTOM LINE.  Not being able to change clubs is a game changer.  

The cool-down timer could single handily DOOM this game.

Today is a SAD day for TSB.
    Pretty much all of what he said ^... if this cooldown timer stays I'll be quitting the game for sure. They found a way to ruin the only reason I still tap and spend so much on the game every week. Being able to help out all my buddies when I have the bonus players.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Sooooo have the developers read this thread yet? Would they like to weigh in 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Pretty much all of what he said ^... if this cooldown timer stays I'll be quitting the game for sure. They found a way to ruin the only reason I still tap and spend so much on the game every week. Being able to help out all my buddies when I have the bonus players.
    Just want to piggy back off of NWA a bit here, because we discussed this cooldown nonsense a bit earlier. I've met some cool dudes through the game by hopping in and out of clubs, some of which I talk to on a frequent basis (some daily). It may start from leveling clubs and being asked if I have line, or going hard in a club for an event and keeping in touch/deciding to play in other clubs together. This move takes away a large part of the "community" aspect of the game that I've come to enjoy, not help to build cohesive units at all. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Just want to piggy back off of NWA a bit here, because we discussed this cooldown nonsense a bit earlier. I've met some cool dudes through the game by hopping in and out of clubs, some of which I talk to on a frequent basis (some daily). It may start from leveling clubs and being asked if I have line, or going hard in a club for an event and keeping in touch/deciding to play in other clubs together. This move takes away a large part of the "community" aspect of the game that I've come to enjoy, not help to build cohesive units at all. 
    Well said.  Very true for many, many players. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They've read it, but I think it's important to remember that sometimes, their hands are tied. My hope is that the devs relay our feedback to the business decision makers. It's my opinion that this is simply a business decision, which I can definitely respect. However, It's rather off-putting to have it spun differently, but that's neither here nor there.
    I hope that the decision makers fully understand the depths of their decision. As referenced by @retirepujols and many others, club play isn't simply about one club or 20 guys; it's about the community. Guys may play together one day, against each other the next, and together again a week later. Guys from different clubs help each other in events, leveling their clubs, leveling their players, and even help recruit for one another. Now, they want us to basically stay in one club and if not, we'll be put in 'time out.' Thing is, that's not the game they created and that's certainly not the game many of us play. The end result is a bad business decision. Opinions be damned, the proof will be in the pudding. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    DFBB said:
    They've read it, but I think it's important to remember that sometimes, their hands are tied. My hope is that the devs relay our feedback to the business decision makers. It's my opinion that this is simply a business decision, which I can definitely respect. However, It's rather off-putting to have it spun differently, but that's neither here nor there.
    I hope that the decision makers fully understand the depths of their decision. As referenced by @retirepujols and many others, club play isn't simply about one club or 20 guys; it's about the community. Guys may play together one day, against each other the next, and together again a week later. Guys from different clubs help each other in events, leveling their clubs, leveling their players, and even help recruit for one another. Now, they want us to basically stay in one club and if not, we'll be put in 'time out.' Thing is, that's not the game they created and that's certainly not the game many of us play. The end result is a bad business decision. Opinions be damned, the proof will be in the pudding. 

Well said!
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    I will most likely quit after WOH on Monday if the cool down feature stays in effect. Perhaps if it were only during the events I would reconsider. Shame on glu for radically changing the game mid-season after we've spent so much time, money, and effort building our teams and clubs. 
    Who's the guy disagreeing to everything? Not that it matters, I'm just a curious guy. If you don't mind sending me a PM or even giving me some hints and clues to keep me busy and entertained, that would be swell 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    DFBB said:

Well said. And like you said, it's a bad business decision in the end. I know I've spent all of $25 this weekend... field pass and a few gifts to a buddy. This is by far the cheapest weekend I've spent tapping in awhile. No incentive to spend. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m sure that many including myself have spent zero this weekend. I’ve got 4 legends so far but the cool down period has pretty much prevented me from joining a discount club. Therefore no reason to buy field pass. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m not so much in disagreement with Glu regarding what they want to do (it will keep brackets a little more stable with no 10-11 pm ringers taking wins away from smaller clubs in their appropriate brackets, CvC but I don’t really think it was that so much as the real teams still win at that as there’s only one bracket.). 

The issue is the cool down length and the timing of doing something like this.  Make the CD 6 hours and at least someone could still change clubs before the next event especially in the cases of griefing.  Gamers will do whatever they can given the rules provided to maximize efficiency and output and I don’t blame anyone for doing that.  Changing the rules this far into things no matter the motivation makes for severe backlash.  For some this will be the straw that pushes them out for good (granted given the sentiments of most it would just have been something else later on but I digress).  Personally I’m not affected very much by the changes but I do sympathize with those it does affect.

Some are so cynical that it’s merely just a short term profit situation (while that will be a side effect that would attribute deliberate malice when its most likely just short sidedness, I’m quite sure many had issues with the mercenary style play in CvC, and reset clubs skewing smaller brackets feeling like they weren’t being given a chance and have bombarded them with tickets saying such.). Whether it helps these guys win more (it won’t for most ) remains to be seen.  

The CD will most likely stay, but it should be reduced to a minimum of 6 hours with something like 3 or 4 hours being where it should land.  Allows some club flexibility but should combat some of the things they hoped to take out of the game.

edited November 2019
    Here's my thing with "smaller clubs" getting wins. It's nice. It's a nice thing to do, but if a reset club is in your bracket and scores double, triple, 10 times the points- then they beat you 🤷‍♂️ that club spent more resources and put in more work to earn more points. I suppose they could try widening the gap of rewards per club tier, but in the end why try to reward clubs that score 120m in a weak minors bracket and punish clubs that score 120b in a ridiculous Cooperstown bracket? 

Edit: while I was being slightly dramatic with punishing a club with 120b, just know there is a bracket right now where 120b would put you in 6th place (and there's still 26 hours to go).
    Here's my thing with "smaller clubs" getting wins. It's nice. It's a nice thing to do, but if a reset club is in your bracket and scores double, triple, 10 times the points- then they beat you 🤷‍♂️ that club spent more resources and put in more work to earn more points. I suppose they could try widening the gap of rewards per club tier, but in the end why try to reward clubs that score 120m in a weak minors bracket and punish clubs that score 120b in a ridiculous Cooperstown bracket? 
    Would be a bad business decision to do that... Because the players in them cooperstown clubs all spend. Lots.  But knowing glu and their record with making sensible business decisions, they'll probably go punishingthem coop clubs
    @nwaredstar77 I'm just sharing my, probably unwelcome, opinion on smaller clubs wanting a chance. We all want to win first place, but some clubs just put in a lot more work than the rest of us. I've won brackets with less than 30 minutes of playing, and the clubs in that bracket didn't deserve to win if I'm being honest. I've also spent events putting in too much money and doing my best, only to be destroyed by those that did a lot more than I did. It's weird 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe more club tiers would help this issue, but seeing clubs at 60b just for 10th place right now where other brackets have leaders with less than 1/25th that is just crazy. It's more luck of the draw than anything else. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Love you too trolls 💕 ......I’m gunning for the 1000 disagree badge by the end of next week.   😉 
    I’m only maxing out at 2 so I may need some pointers.  Will help pass the time whenever I’m in a 12 hour timeout. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Love you too trolls 💕 ......I’m gunning for the 1000 disagree badge by the end of next week.   😉 
    I’m only maxing out at 2 so I may need some pointers.  Will help pass the time whenever I’m in a 12 hour timeout. 
    Rule number 1: like the cool down timer
    rule number 2: first learn rule number 1 
    I disagreed with all 3 of you, just because I'm on cooldown rn and that's the mood I'm in
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Rule number 1: like the cool down timer
    rule number 2: first learn rule number 1 
    Yep still only two so far.   Got a long way to go to
    Anyone saying they like the cool down timer...do you really like the cool down timer as is or just the idea of a cool down timer and agree that 12 hours is too long? Would love to hear some input on why 12 hours isn’t too long. 
    Any cool down timer is too long IMO.  They seem to use 12 hours because most events are 12 hr. 

Don’t be fooled.  They could fix all their stated objectives without a cool-down timer (unless they have other objectives not stated publicly - i.e., gouging customers on EVO, limiting 30% discount club use, shutting down reset clubs).

If their intentions are as stated, they are being lazy and cheap, and instead implemented a timer because it is easier to code. They don’t want to put in the real investment needed to code the changes into the game.  This is on GLU management who seem out of touch or are purposely being coy. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Judge said:
    Any cool down timer is too long IMO.  They seem to use 12 hours because most events are 12 hr. 

Don’t be fooled.  They could fix all their stated objectives without a cool-down timer (unless they have other objectives not stated publicly - i.e., gouging customers on EVO, limiting 30% discount club use, shutting down reset clubs).

If their intentions are as stated, they are being lazy and cheap, and instead implemented a timer because it is easier to code. They don’t want to put in the real investment needed to code the changes into the game.  This is on GLU management who seem out of touch or are purposely being coy. 
    While I agree that a cool down isn't necessary, I also argued that a cool-down of an hour would be a happy medium and would properly address their issues. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Judge said:

While I agree that a cool down isn't necessary, I also argued that a cool-down of an hour would be a happy medium and would properly address their issues. 
    You might be the most positive person ever so if you’re saying 12 hours is garbage and should be 1 hour then Glu should really take that into extra consideration... life’s all about compromise so I would compromise on 1 hour instead of 12 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Judge said:
    Any cool down timer is too long IMO.  

Agreed im giving it until next weekend and if there is any kind of timer I’m deleting the app. 

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I've already stopped spending due to the CD timer.  Partly because it's ridiculous to institute such a monumental change this late in the game, but mostly because it's a transparent money grab that is instead being pitched as something else entirely.  When you add that on top of weeks and weeks of ridiculous boxes, and an endless repeat of the same type of player with the same types of skills for every WOH and fan reward ... I just don't care enough to spend money on this game anymore. 

Hopefully I'm not the only one, and the message will be received by the people who make these insane decisions.  But I'm not holding my breath.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I mean immediately after the cooldown was introduced we started getting specials in the store with overpriced blue cash and evo. They even made a special "evo deal" box. That's not a coincidence, and having specials for these items was just a big "in yo face, fool" to the evo hunting crowd.
    The disagree troll must not put down his phone
    A lot of times they disagree with facts. They’re probably still on their moms teets
    A clubmate tried to join the club today before the event started after waiting 12 HOURS.  Then the app glitched. It showed him in the club list with 737,373 days inactive, but he wasn’t in the club.  Seen this before.  Only fix is to kick.  Now, his timer restarted at another 12 HOURS and he will miss all event rewards.   Yet, another example of why the Cool-Down Timer is FLAWED and a HUGE mistake.  

GLU get your act together and fix this already!!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Here is my cool down story for today. 

I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time today, being off of work and at home with my family all day long. So I decided to take a “cool down day”. I’m going to a friends club later today, around 6:30 tonight, dumping my gloves and balls for him (enough for 52 boxes), and then cooling down again to join my club for tomorrow. 

In the past I would have bought FP, cycled and spent gold, made the time to play walk-off, and spent money and time on the app. Today I’m cooling down. Glu stopped me from having a desire to spend money and time on their app. 

Thanks Glu!  
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Who's the guy disagreeing to everything? Not that it matters, I'm just a curious guy. If you don't mind sending me a PM or even giving me some hints and clues to keep me busy and entertained, that would be swell 😬
    His name is Matt. His last name rhymes with Racket
    Im too tired to disagree but id bet his initials are bigvic...er it rhymes with fig rick.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.