Weekend Event

gqwebergqweber Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
edited November 2019 in General TSB Discussion
So what is everyone’s thoughts? I got lucky with a legend on my 2nd box, so had a great weekend. Personally put up nearly 3Billion which is very huge for me. I am sure a lot of you had much higher scores, but do you guys like the format?

Comments

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I personally liked it better than the regular prime event. Then again, pretty much anything is an upgrade over the regular prime event. I enjoyed it because I don't have much free time during the week, so it was nice to actually be able to play woh. The prizes sucked, but it was still better than the regular weekend event. As for players, I got three or four 360 max guys but didn't bother to use them. I didn't put up a boatload of points but it was actually enjoyable for me, which is something I haven't been able to say about this game for quite a long time.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    i would have played it more than 1 woh cycle and 3 slugfest cycles if there weren't a double gold weekend going on. but agree, it's better than prime games
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Nice job GQ!

My weekend thoughts:
    - Royale is 1000% better than Prime only - much more enjoyable - Royale is the true “main event”
    - Weekend WOH was a bit disappointing but could be mined for BXP
    - Cool-down timer is a drag and brings down community morale - it also makes weekend guys less desirable without community 30% club access (I imagine box sales were down) 
    - Kevan Smith was on the way to legendary Joc status until the bait-and-switch
    - Multipliers the same the past 3 Royale events is disappointing - why hide them for 30 hours if they don’t change?
    - Re-bracketing continues to frustrate many
    - Weekend boxes were kinda lame

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I agree much better than prime only. Prime only should be a middle of the week thing. Royale is definitely a weekend attraction BUT they need to do some work on the prizes. They also should do the fan rewards that they have on Wednesday and do them on weekends. Think of the revenue push they could have with double gold and the fan rewards they normally do on Wednesdays. Even without double gold they could get more people to purchase gold and spend on chasing the 50k legend player over the weekend than during the week when people are working and can careless. Marry that with Royale on the weekend they could really drive up their margin.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Judge said:
    Nice job GQ!

My weekend thoughts:
    - Royale is 1000% better than Prime only - much more enjoyable - Royale is the true “main event”
    - Cool-down timer is a drag and brings down community morale - it also makes weekend guys less desirable without community 30% club access (I imagine box sales were down) 
    - Multipliers the same the past 3 Royale events is disappointing - why hide them for 30 hours if they don’t change?

Bait and switch is a term no company should want to be associated with. Which baffles me as to why he wasn’t put back. Sketchy sketchy sketchy 
  • gqwebergqweber Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    I was totally happy with WOH. I just began to start cycling about a month ago, and was able to do it 10+ times this weekend. I did pull the same 3 players over and over, but it turned out to be a great resource for XP. I loved it all around 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Judge said:
    Nice job GQ!

My weekend thoughts:

This ⬆️
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Judge said:
    Nice job GQ!

My weekend thoughts:

+1000
    One more positive: a new ad I’ve been getting called Bigo Live. No idea what the app is but the ad is great
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I certainly got hurt by the rebracketing. I went from 5th to 65th even though most of my points were from the prime event. I was able to farm a lot of bxp from woh but definitely would rather have the old royale woh difficulty and prize. I know that they dont want people farming pxp all weekend but another 360 player doesn’t do anything for most of us
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2019
    It was fine.  It was way better than a sprint only weekend.  It was also cool to still have CvsC during the Royale.  

As @CanadaCubs mentioned, people need to temper their expectations for a weekend long WOH.  Cycle capping a 500+ player was never going to be a thing.  You still had 60 hour access to easy bonus games, cash, and BXP.

Again, it is far, far better than a prime sprint only weekend.

My only complaint is stop rebracketing during Royale.  It doesn't accomplish anything other than royally pissing your paying customers off and then doubling down on it by insulting their intelligence and telling them you're not rebracketing.
  • gqwebergqweber Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Agreed. No way they aren’t doing it. People here have provided proof. 

I had no issues with WOH, or any other game. I loved it all around. 
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    I can see or hope royale comes around once a month on the weekend. It was a great resource grab from bonus games and ice packs to a ton of bxp. I wasn't concerned with rankings so did not pay attention to brackets. I was overall  happy with it because not only was it more fun than just sprint, my team took a huge jump and the coffers are stuffed
    Once a month!?  This needs to be weekly!
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    We can only hope. But if they do make it permanent i expect it to be a bit more difficult
    So is Royale back on Wed or still on the weekend?  

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I checked earlier and from what I see 👀 it appears to be back to normal schedule. For now at least 
    Whyyyy
    Thanks Mythical.......somehow someone disagrees with my question.......every question.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’ve noticed that.. lol I was on the disagree trolls list a couple months ago it faded out eventually though I still get a random few. They will move on eventually.. Haters gonna hate 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    it’s bugvivecs turn now. They probably don’t have anything else to do in their moms basement
    I don’t know why disagrees have to be anonymous. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Me either and you cant disagree and like or lol so its not me...in case that comes up once again.

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Instead of a disagree option, I would like a ‘who cares’ option. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    The 'who cares' option sounds great.  Lots of whining about that 'disagree' button these days.  Stop staring at your own posts folks, who cares what others think.  Think I'll go through some threads now and click it about 50 times just because, especially my own old posts.
    Just no.