What Is The Ideal Rating Advantage Needed To Get A Fair Shot in HoF WoH? I Promise No More Whining..

13Next

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

Posting this here for those working their way up the WOH ladder.  Thought some might find it useful to see how the roster compares to completion:

I added 209 Total HIT Points in last two weeks to my 1-7 Hitters (Forgot to track 8-10 last week)

In that time I've also added about 17 percentage points to the skills as well.

Most notable increase is in my #1 Hitter

10/28 - Suarez POTM (RHH) - 300 HIT w/ 8% ROB and 4% vs LHP

11/11 - Boog Powell (LHH) - 341 HIT w/ 12% vs RHP and Blowout 12%

Biggest remaining hole is at my 3rd spot.  Where I only saw a 8 point increase in HIT, and no skill improvement.

EDIT to include My Legend

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So, after toying around with this, there is an answer to win at Silver and above, but the reality is, even if you have the proper advantage needed, the RNG will frick you. I don't care what level you are. If the game wants you to lose, you will lose.

A triple advantage should never warrant a curve out, but I've been getting those too.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And my theory above is correct. Just experienced it. Same matchup, got RNGed twice, but cleared the third time.

All about what the RNG wants even if you have the best matchup imaginable.

So, best options are:

Get matchup favorability to at least 1.25 or 1.33

THEN...be patient for the RNG to be kind to you

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And my theory above is correct. Just experienced it. Same matchup, got RNGed twice, but cleared the third time.

All about what the RNG wants even if you have the best matchup imaginable.

So, best options are:

Get matchup favorability to at least 1.25 or 1.33

THEN...be patient for the RNG to be kind to you

This is among the most annoying aspects of this game.  A 408 hit rating vs a 179 pitcher...and you get 9 straight unhittable pitches
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

So, after toying around with this, there is an answer to win at Silver and above, but the reality is, even if you have the proper advantage needed, the RNG will frick you. I don't care what level you are. If the game wants you to lose, you will lose.

A triple advantage should never warrant a curve out, but I've been getting those too.

Honestly, how would you know.   I get that you're frustrated, but settle down a little and just speak on your own experiences.   You need a much stronger and deeper team to do better than you are, but those teams exist.

How would I know? I've now played what is likely thousands of "rounds" and finished hundreds of levels of this. I feel very comfortable with my sample size.

I did exactly what the board stated, and I have cleared WoH HoF three weeks in a row now. I appreciate the help, everyone!

PS - Today is a great example: Right now, I'm being curved out in HOF on 6.2 over and over and over. Morton is impossible right now.  Using the same guy I've cleared him with for weeks.

It is all about the RNG once you get the favorability.

• duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts

How would I know? I've now played what is likely thousands of "rounds" and finished hundreds of levels of this. I feel very comfortable with my sample size.

I did exactly what the board stated, and I have cleared WoH HoF three weeks in a row now. I appreciate the help, everyone!

PS - Today is a great example: Right now, I'm being curved out in HOF on 6.2 over and over and over. Morton is impossible right now.  Using the same guy I've cleared him with for weeks.

No. Its about whether glu flips the switch to impossible or easy.
    Today made me a 100% believer in “the switch.”  I was crushing through All-Star tower.  Knocked it out three times with little issue.

shut game off for a couple hours and when I came back....I couldn’t even get through 5.8.  Time after time after time.

shut off for another couple hours...came back and flew through it two more times in less than an hour.  Landed Ernie Banks in the last time through.  First time I’ve landed the Legend out of the All-Star tower box
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

Your still silver 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2019

But your sample size is all at Silver.  That's what he's trying to say.  It doesn't matter if it's thousands of rounds,  if it's all at Silver, how can you speak for the experience of higher levels and say "I don't care what level you are" when you haven't experienced those levels?  Yes, RNG matters but I don't think you can possibly understand the WOH experience at higher levels having only played Silver and Bronze WOH.

Like most Diamond players I don't need to be patient and wait for the RNG as I'll most likely clear 6-10 either on the initial try or on the video boost as I did several times today without using restarts with most likely lower max players than you have.  

People have been beating a dead horse on this for a month telling you that RNG will screw you more often than not at Silver, and if you're still at Silver after a few thousand more the results will be similar. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited November 2019

But your sample size is all at Silver.  That's what he's trying to say.  It doesn't matter if it's thousands of rounds,  if it's all at Silver, how can you speak for the experience of higher levels and say "I don't care what level you are" when you haven't experienced those levels?  Yes, RNG matters but I don't think you can possibly understand the WOH experience at higher levels having only played Silver and Bronze WOH.

Like most Diamond players I don't need to be patient and wait for the RNG as I'll most likely clear 6-10 either on the initial try or on the video boost as I did several times today without using restarts with most likely lower max players than you have.  

People have been beating a dead horse on this for a month telling you that RNG will screw you more often than not at Silver, and if you're still at Silver after a few thousand more the results will be similar. 
    Pretty much what he said, didn’t play today because I’m burnt out but have finished HoF/Wednesday Royale with a 430/460 with skills at 12/14, 13/13.  Over the last two Wednesday versions have won with a 460 max at a roughly 85% clip.  I went through many a WoH in ‘18 with a gold team, and since early June with a diamond team this season when it was apparent they are still using level 1 pitchers this late in the season.  It’s just plain math, a 552 with video boost Luis Arraez (base 420 max even vs Thigpen still has a bigger gap than a 500 legend in silver with the same matchup).  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

This is what I was trying to say but you said it better.  ;)

At higher levels, WOH discussions are in terms of how much time it takes to do a cycle rather than if you can.  

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I know many of you are speaking from a gold or diamond perspective. I understand and also understand your matchups at that level improve. Thus the reason why, while still at silver, I made extra investments in skills on my main guys while I build resources. My closers are sitting at skills with 20/19 each.

I cleared HoF yesterday four times and was able to cap Banks at Silver, and get some extra LxP. Yesterday was a fun day. Outside of that hour and a half span where just beating 6.2 and 6.7 was a chore, the game was a blast.

My point was, there are certain times of the game that things are clearly harder. There are periods where simple matchups won't win for whatever reason. My "I don't care what level you are" was obviously too general, but I've read others here in gold or above state they see the same things in terms of periods where the game is nearly impossible, or they get curved out on matchups they frequently use.

I also get the fact that you can't win it every time. I'm cool with that too.

I'm almost to my resource goal. Been doing it without spending $$$, thus the slow progress. Will use $$ for a field pass when the day is here.

I've also been stashing Prime Lefties as well with WoH skills when I get them, so my gold lineup would have pretty much a switch hitter or lefty at every spot. LOL. I'm sticking to my plan, and at the same time drawing up an outline for 2020.

Either way, the help here has been much appreciated! There is a LOT to this game and I feel I finally have a strong grasp of it.

Can you share the resource goals and where you’re at?  I’m actually pretty curious to see this

I have enough LxP to cap two at gold (Over 150K).

I need more PxP and EVO, based on the charts.

I hit a bump a few weeks ago landing Eddie Matthews. I capped him and put his skills to 19/18. It set my plan back a couple of weeks, but Matthews has been a HoF killer for me.  He and Kruk are smooth on 6.9 and 6.10 when I get there.

• DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    Meant in the most helpful and sincere way possible......just take the plunge. Bring minimum four bats. Others have discussed their experiences all over the forum. It’s better than you imagine and you’ll soon wish you would have taken the plunge weeks ago.

It will also show you interim ways to strategize woh (e.g. reusing the same lefty bat for three rounds, but finding the right one on your roster that costs 50 gold to reuse instead of 100.....I did this with Austin Meadows for the entire month of June. It was a sad day when I finally traded him in).

No one is ever finished chasing resources (well maybe expect for @DFBB)
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @DomerHomer we've tried to explain to him for months now if his goal was to cycle like some of we do. i've just learned to move on from his posts, no offense @drsmartassphd

i moved on from silver a long time ago (maybe in May?) because it was hard to cycle classic at silver and i read that it was way easier at gold. this was true then and still true today. we've all done it and know the difference - there's no way i would be cycling HOF 10-14x every monday to gather the resources to get my team to where it is without taking the plunge. we've continually banged the drum to move up, but everyone has their own way of playing.

let this thread die folks, there's no new information coming out here...

Criffy, in my defense, I had let it die. LOL. I've been winning WoH HoF for several weeks....

I saw someone comment and I just couldn't help myself.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'll toss out a different argument- if you can beat Hof 2 or 3 times a week in silver, you don't really need to move up. Silver allows you to spend less time in game as less resources are needed (and tourneys/bonus games are NOT tailor made for silver teams). If you can cycle woh a few times and beat CVC throughout the week/weekend- that's pretty cool 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Well, I pulled Stan the Man yesterday. I'm capping him for HoF Monday. I have a legend at every spot now. I don't play tourneys at all. Yes, I destroy CvC with this team too.

• ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    Well, I pulled Stan the Man yesterday. I'm capping him for HoF Monday.
    I can't wait to hear how it goes for you Monday. GL
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    @ihuffglu, I’m looking forward to how your Monday woh goes...you know, with that sweet Stan Musial you acquired through cvc last night. 
    I'll keep you posted bud 👍👍. Also if it makes you feel better I didn't pull him from the cvc boxes I got from beating you last night lol
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"

Well, GLU has just boxed me in a corner. I saw Cecil Cooper in the boxes. I had 6K in gold. Frick it, I'll go for it. If I can land him, I have a solid backend for WoH. First pull, I got Trammel. Darn. Ok, still have 6K in gold. Next pull, I got Freeman. LOL. Ok. Fine. Don't have 6K in gold, but I will try. Five pulls later, I got Cecil Cooper.

With that, I will level these guys up and get their skills to 15+ each. I will report on my findings Monday.

From this point forward, this won't be me whining, just more me posting what life is like with a Silver team with a 490+ Legend in every position. Also, my three subs are now 490 Lefties also.

This is the PERFECT WoH team. I've only hunted lefties or switch hitters with WoH skills.

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    If it were the perfect WOH team, it wouldn't be silver.  Just my opinion.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Also, this is exactly the reason why people worry too much about "saving up resources" to jump tiers.  You can't and shouldn't try to level all of your current players when you jump.  You only level enough players to help you continue to beat WOH and regularly win tourneys/BGs at the next level, because then you will cap new players with higher OVRs going forward, making the rest of your team obsolete anyway.
    Next year I will likely get two teams to and play around with it. One on my phone, one on my ipad.