Veteran’s Day WOH

Comments

• mpimen007mpimen007 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    How is Ted Williams not available in the veteran's day box??  Today would be the day to do that.  Very disappointed. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Isn't he only from some VIP or Diamond box?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

6-5 twice now with bases loaded, then 9 straight curves to "lose" the game.

Effing Brutal. Just brutal.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    mpimen007 said:
    How is Ted Williams not available in the veteran's day box?? 

You know what would be cool is if they put him in the tourney box in place of the franchise coin. Come on Glu, make that *** happen.

What's even worse, is if you hit one of those damn "mandatory out" pitches to deep outfield in that scenario, the game refuses to give you the sacrifice to tie it.  I hit TWO to the damn warning track with 1 out, and it said "routine fly out".

UUUUGGGGHHHHHH

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Another disappointing hof reward.. another disappointing box.. seems to have been the trend for Tsb 19 glimmers of hope here and there that lead to more disappointments. Or at least that’s what I will remember about 19.. disappointing 😕. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Has anyone tried out the lead-off and 1st pitch skills in this WOH?  I'm not sure if I should bother leveling Damon.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Has anyone tried out the lead-off and 1st pitch skills in this WOH?  I'm not sure if I should bother leveling Damon.
    I use both of those skills with Adam Frazier and he has had no issues today.  It is always lit, like it should work
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Cycled once, now just watching videos. First, glu implements an uncalled for cooldown, and then they hit us with worst HOF reward since the 500 maxes have been a thing in HOF.
    Additionally. I had bought three Veterans Day special boxes, under the false pretenses that the boxes would be in the shop until 3:00 A.M. Wednesday EST. Now, I am with two boxes without a single pity timer up. Literally. Scammed.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    Additionally. I had bought three Veterans Day special boxes, under the false pretenses that the boxes would be in the shop until 3:00 A.M. Wednesday EST. Now, I am with two boxes without a single pity timer up. Literally. Scammed.
    Don't worry, they'll put those boxes in the specials later that you can spend your actual money on.
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    You must be referring to the special vet boxes. I bought 7, app crashed and now, those boxes are gone.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    duckk123 said:
    Don't worry, they'll put those boxes in the specials later that you can spend your actual money on.
    hell naw im gonna demand them to either be put back or to give me a 3/10 on the pity timer for the other box

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Another disappointing hof reward.. another disappointing box.. seems to have been the trend for Tsb 19 glimmers of hope here and there that lead to more disappointments. Or at least that’s what I will remember about 19.. disappointing 😕. 
    I haven't even gotten around to 1.1 yet.. I guess it's time to just face the facts 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'll have resources saved in case someone great comes along, but I'm not fooling myself into hoping for anything anymore. Sucks, because woh can be fun when the reward is worth the effort. Oh well. I know someone is coming that'll be exactly what I'm looking for, but they always come just a little too late. The anticipation and build up is necessary, but there's entirely too much anticipation and build up 😒
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I actually like this player.......he's going to be a CVC beast.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    This is the second week in a row that I haven't bothered to play WOH, which used to be my favorite thing about this app.  There's just no point spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to cycle cap pretty much the exact same player they have been giving out for weeks on end now.  And the best/worst part: I now realize that I simply don't need this game anymore. 

I hate saying it, because I've tried to remain interested despite all the shenanigans, but the will to play is basically gone.  We finally got Royale for a whole weekend, and given how crappy the WOH boxes were, I spent 20 minutes cycling once and then didn't play again.  I guess it's time to go looking for a basketball game or something.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Is anyone else finding 6.9 and 6.10 to be absurdly more difficult than last week?  Last week I went 11 for 15 on 6.9 and 11 for 16 on 6.10.  Today I'm 3 for 8 on both, with the same hitter/pitcher combinations.  Super frustrating.

See my post above about 6.10. I have beaten it once, but that looks like it will be it.

Now, I'm having trouble beating 6.2 with a matchup I've used for weeks.  Either get curved out, or just can't sim.

They've clearly hit the "impossible" button for the time being.

And not to mention Verlander is nearly impossible now. My matchup favorability is more than double, but every time I make contact.....NOODLE BAT.

It's not about "double" or "triple" the ratings.  It's about the size of the gap between the ratings.  A 200 OVR bat is technically "double" a 100 OVR pitcher, but that isn't as big of a gap as a 400 OVR bat vs. a 250 OVR pitcher.  The latter doesn't reach "double" status, but it's still clearly a better disparity in ratings and thus will be more successful.
    I get that! My point is, sometimes you just aren't going to win, no matter the matchup favorability.

If you don’t have a large enough gap between your batter’s OVR and the pitcher’s OVR, that’s true. At silver, that’s true a lot. It’s true much less often at gold, and rarely true and platinum and then diamond. It’s all about percentages, and at silver, they aren’t in your favor. That’s why the RNG screws you often, and diamond players only rarely. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Completely agree. I'm at gold and started struggling 2 weeks ago to finish with Kruk. I bumped his skills to 16/16 and he's back to dominating. It's all a Math probability like @mwilson829 said

I did a thing today..

I even grabbed the Irish assassin from one of the boxes! 

Man, we used to get a player AND boxes 😭 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Wait...what?  Where are these from???
    The game restarted and presented me with old Goldy.. I gladly accepted. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @retirepujols that’s exactly what woh is missing it was fun to cycle for player boxes. The good ol days 😕 

It would be nice, for sure. The reward is another righty that pisses you off just looking at him? Well, hope you get something better from the boxes. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

Good times!
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts