Woh Diamond

AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
Sorry as I'm sure this has been asked. I'm considering going to diamond and was wondering what level I should plan on leveling my top 4 players to cycle Hof? I have plenty of bxp, primes 450, and legends 520. 
I'm sure to start bxp will be the core of my team as I only have a little more than 200k in pxp and 30k in lxp.

Comments

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    You’re short about a couple million pxp and lxp lol 
    Maybe more 
  • AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Do you mean at diamond only primes and legends can cycle Hof?
    Essentially. Maybe 20/20 activated skills with an 80 boost and live boost a 360 could cycle lol
    Gotcha, lol. What rating should I Target? 450 diamond 6? Lower? Thanks for all the advice by the way. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    I used 450 Soto with 20/20 and used a lot of restarts. On the other hand a 20/20 mathews destroyed fergie 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Your also no where close to resources .
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Do you have keepers from '18?  I have no problem clearing HOF with my keepers maxed out. 
    I have atg Mantle and Ichiro. What are the resources to level them after gold?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Image result for crappy mobile home for sale pic
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    AIC_76 said:
    I have atg Mantle and Ichiro. What are the resources to level them after gold?
    You'll need a ton of BXP.  Probably about 1.5M each from Gold to Diamond 10.  Sounds like a lot but I've got both my hitter keepers maxed to D10 without using Field Pass or any other discount.  

They're well worth it though.  A maxed out Ichiro with a decent level on his skill boosts can definitely close HOF for you.  I would work on him before Mantle as Mantle will only be particularly useful against LHP.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    1 d10 bat> 2 d5 bats 😉 the past month or so until yesterday I've used 435 Freeman (late/rhp 20/20) with pretty good success. Yesterday I was disinterested and only cycled once (just to do it) using 450 bellinger (blowout/RHP 16/16) and, while it was only once, the only out with him was a timing error on my part. If you can mess around and take a 520 lefty finisher to d10, you can get away with a weaker supporting cast for a while. Using gold to reuse bats in woh is so much cheaper than leveling a bunch of dudes, especially since the end result is a new capped legend for extremely cheap.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HTX2017WCHTX2017WC Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Is it easier if your team is gold or silver? I spent about 5k in gold the last two weeks and couldn’t beat it with max 520 Piazza.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    HTX2017WC said:
    Is it easier if your team is gold or silver? I spent about 5k in gold the last two weeks and couldn’t beat it with max 520 Piazza.
    Definitely gold.  
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    edited November 2019
    In Gold, I'm still beating it with 490 Buckner. Moving to 500 Baines next week. 
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    edited November 2019
    HTX2017WC said:
    Piazza is an AWFUL choice for 6.10 brotha.. neither of his skills are on.. 🤦🏻‍♂️.  I used Edmonds this past Monday and got through 12/13 times with his skills at 18/14.  Oh and my team is gold.
    Bizerto said:
    HTX2017WC said:
    Piazza is an AWFUL choice for 6.10 brotha.. neither of his skills are on.. 🤦🏻‍♂️.  I used Edmonds this past Monday and got through 12/13 times with his skills at 18/14.  Oh and my team is gold.
    I have Pizza, 500 max Fisk and 470 max Garvey and they are all righty’s. My custom legend is a switch hitter that I might have to use as the last hitter.
    HTX2017WC said:
    I have Pizza, 500 max Fisk and 470 max Garvey and they are all righty’s. My custom legend is a switch hitter that I might have to use as the last hitter.
    Is your team silver/gold/plat/diamond? How far are you getting without a good lefty?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I saw guys clear 610 with Jackie in gold.. Go figure for match ups.. lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I saw guys clear 610 with Jackie in gold.. Go figure for match ups.. lol

It's not that crazy.  At gold, WOH seems to favor the 520s, even if the matchups aren't ideal.  In Jackie's case, both of his skills are active against lefties or righties, assuming you believe skills turn "on" mid-round.  He's not a perfect closer, but there are worse options.  I'd rather use Jackie than a 470 lefty at this point, unless he has double active skills that are leveled past 14/14. 
    HTX2017WC said:
    Is your team silver/gold/plat/diamond? How far are you getting without a good lefty?
    My team is silver and I get to 6-10 but can’t beat the last guy. I spent 5k gold last week trying to beat Nolan but couldn’t do it.
    HTX2017WC said:
    HTX2017WC said:
    My team is silver and I get to 6-10 but can’t beat the last guy. I spent 5k gold last week trying to beat Nolan but couldn’t do it.
    I think Silver is hard enough as it is, but i imagine if you dont have a double boosted bat thats at least 500 it may not happen.   There are guys on here that are silver that clear it but I think they are working with higher tier bats.   
    Maybe if you show your lineup, and we can see your best options?

I'm surprised you're doing so well without a top lefty, and with uncapped bats in silver! Get yourself a righty killer, then tell us all how it's done!
    edited November 2019
    @HTX2017WC  I think your best options are either Fisk or Soto.  This is assuming Fisks skills work like they are supposed too.  I dont have a ton of experience using either of those skills for woh.  Maybe others on here do.  I'd say Morgan if he was leveled but I also wouldnt put LXP into a 450 legend at this point.   But also if you are still struggling i'd contemplate saying gold and then spending it on a box when there is a double boosted LH bat for woh.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Are we all on the consensus that pennants do not help with WOH? 
    I'm on the team of pennants are mainly for team strength or they make a very minimal difference in things. 
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Mattattack said: the 
    I'm on the team of pennants are mainly for team strength or they make a very minimal difference in things. 
    Pennants make a difference for cvc