Veteran’s Day WOH

13Next

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Cycle capped with 49 gold
    left.....never going in short on lxp and gold again that was stressful and straight up annoying. Even had to take a break at 5pm to bust out 500 bonus games for an extra 7500 gold
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    So wondering out loud here... Are we going to see a change to the pitchers to more lefty heavy soon with all these damn righty with blowout skills?!? Would have been wonderful to have Stan the Man as the hof reward and let Ernie be in the box. I sure would have pushed more cycle attempts, and more gold reinvested. 

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    For the love of god I hope we have a lhp at 6.10 next week put cey to use.

for all those that still think skills deactivate I used Soto with blowout for like 14 cycles today
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Not the greatest but I’m happy to have him. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    So close...  I’ll get it next week. This is on my Silver team I built 4 weeks ago. No money spent. 
    Lmao.  Can I just hire you to run my team for two weeks?

I suck terribly at this game
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I cleared it four times yesterday and capped him. Increased my main closers skills again with the extra resources to help get the extra win. Yesterday was a fun day despite about an hour or more of it being overly difficult.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’m so conflicted right now.  I really really want Stan the Man.  I need an OF, need a Lefty.

but there isn’t one single other player in that box I would want...
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Cycle capped with 49 gold
    left.....never going in short on lxp and gold again that was stressful and straight up annoying. Even had to take a break at 5pm to bust out 500 bonus games for an extra 7500 gold
    How much gold do you allocate per cycle?  Like say you want to get 10 HOF cycles in what's the minimum gold you want to go in with?

I can usually get a HOF cycle done for under 500 gold, but on Cey week it took me an insane 29K gold for 10 cycles.  But I also had limited time and had to use boosts and continues liberally.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Fan Rewards Carew today has WoH closer skills. Granted, he is only 500, but....

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Fan Rewards Carew today has WoH closer skills. Granted, he is only 500, but....
    If only I had 50k gold to spend.  Guess I'll spend the 1k gold to get that 2k lxp though.
    Just no.  
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @Wicked0Wildcats you spent 29K in gold for 10??? jesus christ.

the most i've spent on a cycle cap day (10+ cycles) is around 8 or 9k. my average over the past 3 months is around 4-6k. note that i am a gold player, not diamond - those boys usually spend a lot less than me from what i can tell.

yesterday, i spent around 1500 or so total to do 14 cycles. didn't have to spend any on restarts after taking boog's skills to 20/20 last week. the 18k gold investment in his skills are worth it - basically recouping 4 weeks of WOH gold.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    So close...  I’ll get it next week. This is on my Silver team I built 4 weeks ago. No money spent. 
    Do you mind posting the roster you used to get that far. Curious how far off I am 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    criffy said:

the most i've spent on a cycle cap day (10+ cycles) is around 8 or 9k. my average over the past 3 months is around 4-6k. note that i am a gold player, not diamond - those boys usually spend a lot less than me from what i can tell.

yesterday, i spent around 1500 or so total to do 14 cycles. didn't have to spend any on restarts after taking boog's skills to 20/20 last week. the 18k gold investment in his skills are worth it - basically recouping 4 weeks of WOH gold.
    It depends on your situation.  I just started doing HoF cycles 3 weeks ago when I got enough to bring a legend to P10. I'm averaging about 15k gold spent. My best lefty bat is D10 Arraez.  Needless to say but 6.9 & 6.10 get me for some Gold restarts each week. I'd happily spend 15k gold to get a legend to D10, at least until they serve up a decent HoF Lefty reward.  You cant get 700k LXP from 15k gold  :D
    edited November 2019
    criffy said:

Yes, and I'd do it again,  you're not going to get a D10 Legend out of 29K gold plus all the resources otherwise.  

It was an anomaly though,  besides that I don't think I've spent over 10K, but I was really in a hurry and gold continuing levels I normally would just be patient with.  I had more than enough and I didn't want to put in all the resources only to come up short at D8 or D9.  

I don't think Diamond players spend less on average than Gold to cycle, I think they spend more simply because they usually have so much gold they can boost and continue liberally, gold teams usually cannot.  Although I am not an elite Diamond team, I'm only around 160K with not as good of a closer as many,  I'm sure the big guys like DFBB and Jed don't need to spend much gold to cycle because they have the top closers and high skills.  I agree I really need to work on those skills, my guy is a 481 w/ double RHP which I think would be fine if I got his skills up to 16/20 or so.  Just been really stingy about using my LXP on skill boosts when I need a decent cushion to cycle cap.  

That being said my weak closer was still 2 for 2 against Thigpen yesterday, just didn't have time to grind or enough LXP to cycle cap yesterday so didn't go too hard.  Small sample size, actually.  
    Why y’all spending so much gold on cycling?
    Easiest source of LXP in the game. I only spend gold on Mondays (and a few boosts for CVCs if I need to)
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’ll spend the gold if needed. 80 gold boost on the last 2 but only paid for a couple of restarts. I got 16 cycles in yesterday and to me time is more valuable than gold. And as mentioned above it’s the easiest and cheapest way to gain lxp. I gained enough yesterday combined with my stash to take Jim Edmonds from b1 to d7 and have some for next Monday. That’s why i spend gold if needed. 
    criffy said:
    Why y’all spending so much gold on cycling?
    Easiest source of LXP in the game. I only spend gold on Mondays (and a few boosts for CVCs if I need to)
    Exactly.  People think it's crazy to spend 3K gold on a single WOH cycle but so many often spend 5K on LXP boxes to not even acquire the same 10K LXP!  Meanwhile that same WOH gets you the 10K, plus all the resources along the way, plus either a player or more resources saved via a free upgrade.  It's just simple math.  

Nothing is more important in this game than efficiency.  

Nothing is more important in this game than efficiency.  
    Truer words were never spoken. Now I need to find a new efficient way of gathering evo. down to under 250 ( :# ) though I should recoup 100 tomorrow when I finish season mode.

And don't mention slugfest! You try cycling more than 5x on royale day. Gets boring after 2 or 3
    Now if you can cycle without using much gold, more power to you,  but I think we can all agree that more gold used = faster cycles.  Speed and time are a very underrated resource in this game, especially for Diamond players.  

Say Player 1 cycled 10 times with 4K gold, and Player 2 cycled 12 times with 10K gold.  Who comes out ahead?  I'll take the guy with the additional 25K or so LXP.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    criffy said:

I’m usually under 1k at plat FWIW to cycle cap.  Splurged about a month back and went 2.5k deep.  29k to do one player?  Reflection time.......
    Again, if you're limited on time and you need every boost and continue you can use because of that limited time and you've got 75K to spend, what is the harm?  I'm not paying cash for this gold, it's all from Diamond playoff cycling.  

Once again it blows my mind that people think spending 29K to cycle cap a Diamond player is crazy but think nothing of spending 29K gold on LXP boxes for much less LXP.
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I had a few to many beers and could not get past 6.9 last night.     Pissed me off and I just quit and went to bed.  💩😜
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Personally I had possibly my best TSB day yesterday. The HOF reward filled my weakest position, I was still using 470 max Smith at SS from HOF several weeks back. And since I was finally free to play as much walk off as I wanted (well almost lol) for only the second time all year, I was able to do 11 cycles. 

On top of that the first Glu gift box I pulled Musial. First time all year I pulled the best player from the box on a free gift, had to do double take. He helped me crack 1 billion club points without the benefit of Royale multipliers for the first time ever! I know Diamond players do that in their sleep but it was a unique and fun experience for me. 

Then I got a nice soft Extra Bases bracket and took 2nd place with only 160 gold spent on boosts behind some Diamond player who more than doubled me lol. All in all a very fun day! 

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I also got Stan "the Man" Musial.  I always seemed to come up short  when chasing Boog Powell, Jim Edmunds, John Kruk, ect.  He will now be my HOF WOH closer.  He will replace HOF WOH award Mike Scioscia.  He has been my closer since August 26th.  He has won every HOF for me inbetween there.  That is 78 days.  One thing you can't fault Glu for is players definitely have a longer shelf life this season.   When you get a jacked up beast, you can stick with him for a long time (as long as you are maxing out / near maxing skills and are in gold or above).  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I also got Stan "the Man" Musial.  I always seemed to come up short  when chasing Boog Powell, Jim Edmunds, John Kruk, ect.  He will now be my HOF WOH closer.  He will replace HOF WOH award Mike Scioscia.  He has been my closer since August 26th.  He has won every HOF for me inbetween there.  That is 78 days.  One thing you can't fault Glu for is players definitely have a longer shelf life this season.   When you get a jacked up beast, you can stick with him for a long time (as long as you are maxing out / near maxing skills and are in gold or above).  
    Yes and no......the shine is already coming off Edmonds for me.....I could go deeper on skills but would rather just replace with the next best thing sooner.