Cool down Starts Nov 7th(Live)

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Who's the guy disagreeing to everything? Not that it matters, I'm just a curious guy. If you don't mind sending me a PM or even giving me some hints and clues to keep me busy and entertained, that would be swell 😬
    His name is Matt. His last name rhymes with Racket
    Im too tired to disagree but id bet his initials are bigvic...er it rhymes with fig rick.
    I think it’s @Houmy using burner accounts so it can’t be traced back to him 👀
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    A while back I posted that there is no crying in baseball, and someone disagreed.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    UPDATE posts SET Disagree=1 WHERE PostContent LIKE '%Cool down%'
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Not much to add but I am just one guy so I dont want to make this about me.

Been playing pretty hard since April of last year.   Nearly quit around this time last year but hooked up with a good group of people and had been playing with them last year.  Needless to say a lot of things about this years version have frustrated me.  Whether is be the lack of resources, constant errors that arent addressed or even acknowledged, how boring walk off hero has become, and probably more things that I wont get into.

Regardless what kept me going was the community and the people i played with.  This cool down thing has zapped that aspect of the game.   I dont need to be fed the BS about cvc sniping, with all the specials in the store the last few days for evo and blue cash this move was made for one reason.  I honestly thought this cool down timer thing would be adjusted by now given how negatively it has impacted a lot of users.  But regardless after being busy with family much of the last couple days and opening the app minimally, i realized that being frustrated about it isnt worth it anymore.  Anyway long story short, i made the hard decision to leave my club and cut my time back on this game considerably at least in the short term.   I am by no means a big fish and probably spend around $60-80 a month, mostly on field pass lately but Glu has made it easy for me to save that money for more important things.  Anyway I still enjoy these forums so will still be reading.   Anyway Happy Monday and Veterans Day to all.  

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Black Friday 490 bxp players would be nice again 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    The disagree troll must not put down his phone
    Oh I tell you, he's out there!!!!!!!  
    Who's the guy disagreeing to everything? Not that it matters, I'm just a curious guy. If you don't mind sending me a PM or even giving me some hints and clues to keep me busy and entertained, that would be swell 😬
    His name is Matt. His last name rhymes with Racket
    Im too tired to disagree but id bet his initials are bigvic...er it rhymes with fig rick.
    Actually doesn't rhyme with that at all.........fig-ble-blek more like it.  Anyway, just cause I'm a troll magnet don't get it twisted and think I'm running around disagreeing.........that crowd just has a hard on for me.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I mean immediately after the cooldown was introduced we started getting specials in the store with overpriced blue cash and evo. They even made a special "evo deal" box. That's not a coincidence, and having specials for these items was just a big "in yo face, fool" to the evo hunting crowd.
    Lol how did this post get disagrees. It’s 100% accurate that Glu started pushing evo specials immediately following the implementation of the cooldown timer. They didn’t even try to hide it. The fact is they straight out lied about the reasoning when everyone knows the real reason is all about $$$$
    ........which means we will never see a change in the timer parameters.  It is exactly serving its purpose.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I left the first place club I'm in last night 45 minutes before the event ended because I wasn't able to stay awake any longer.. I did absolutely nothing to help them, so I didn't deserve the rewards anyways, but the cooldown may force me to stay all by my lonesome from here on out. #mrlonely
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    This thing is still in effect.  Unbelievable 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I'm just hoping that whatever money they gain from selling EVO and blue cash at $2.99 a pop is more than offset by the discontinued spending from me and others like me.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I actually fell asleep before it was over and now Im stuck, I like the club but wanted to get my gold club some cvc love today...dine On my ASS glu.

that is all.

punished for being too tired to tap.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I left the first place club I'm in last night 45 minutes before the event ended because I wasn't able to stay awake any longer.. I did absolutely nothing to help them, so I didn't deserve the rewards anyways, but the cooldown may force me to stay all by my lonesome from here on out. #mrlonely
    Brutal but I am in the same boat.   Would rather not have plan everything I do around a 12 hour cool down so not dealing with it is my best option
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Where's the "sympathy" button? I don't want to disagree/agree/like/LOL this one but it deserves something.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Cohesive = stuck with. 
    edited November 2019
    COWPILEY said:
    Cohesive = stuck with. 
    ****'ed because of...

Could not get through HOF yesterday (not just 6.10) and my solo club is gold 6. Against my better judgement, I will probably buy FP, Level 3 legends and 3 primes with the discount and grind bonus games to see if I can even put a dent in getting the club to platinum. If these steps don’t greatly improve my player experience then I’m done as an “active” player. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @COWPILEY sorry man. If/when the cool down gets adjusted, I'll get you to platinum.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Thanks ! Appreciate the offer but I don’t think the hundred or so of us active in the forum (based on the number of survey responses) are going to wag the dog.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @DFBB, @COWPILEY is awesome. we went up against each other in cvc over the weekend and he laid up given my solo plat vs. his solo gold. definitely should be on the list to level up
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Well, I still have 3.5 hours left on my countdown timer, because I fell asleep last night before taking my team out of the club I was in.  I knew I wouldn’t be able to collect the event rewards today regardless, but I hoped to at least play cvc and help others in my club. Instead I’m frozen out. Thanks Glu. 

Ps. Yes, that was sarcastic. This sucks, Glu. In case that wasn’t clear.
    DFBB said:
    @COWPILEY sorry man. If/when the cool down gets adjusted, I'll get you to platinum

Do you think they care tho? honestly? I know those that have complained have also sent tickets, you would like to think they have such an outcry they would at least adjust it..

Nah..I don't believe they care.

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    it's all about club hopping "supposedly" but why not do it in stages if that is your true effort. Leave your first club for the day, you wait 2 hours to join a new one. Leave that club, it will be another wait but 4 hours now. Third time in the same day is 8 hours. If It's CVC hopping they are after then the best the player will get is one additional round that way. If it's for the gifts for help folks, the best they could do is help 2 clubs. 

The real simple answer though is... FORCE ALL CLUBS TO BE PRIVATE/INVITE ONLY. 

• jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    This whole cool down timer has not really affected my actual gameplay, since I just play in a club with just me and my buddy, but it’s really had an adverse effect on trying to level our club up, similarly to @COWPILEY. We’re at something like gold 4 I think and it was already pretty difficult getting people to come finish it off when evo hunting was possible. But neither of us have the time or resources to get all those gloves, and the cool down has made it virtually impossible to get any help now. Can’t recruit with any success, can’t get outside help with leveling the club, can’t do a balls-for-gloves trade, etc. Really wish they would come to their senses and see that it’s hurting even people that stay in their own club (like they want).
    JTANDME said:
    it's all about club hopping "supposedly" but why not do it in stages if that is your true effort. Leave your first club for the day, you wait 2 hours to join a new one. Leave that club, it will be another wait but 4 hours now. Third time in the same day is 8 hours. If It's CVC hopping they are after then the best the player will get is one additional round that way. If it's for the gifts for help folks, the best they could do is help 2 clubs. 

The real simple answer though is... FORCE ALL CLUBS TO BE PRIVATE/INVITE ONLY. 

They tipped their hand with the immediate evo bundles in specials.....it is now clearly about lost potential revenues.  In a heavy handed attempt to recoup a community that existed between the lines has been destroyed and with it the intangible aspects that made this game a special one.  
  • DuttyJoxDuttyJox Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    So everybody left the club i was in so i was forced to go find a different club and now i can't even compete for rewards the next day. That's a bad system
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Do you not earn balls and gloves while in the cool down? 
    Mulderken said:
    You may not can. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Mulderken said:
    I tested it Monday. After I dumped every single glove I had, I left that club and played one bonus game. When I rejoined my club I had 40 gloves.