Clash match ups

TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
I have a solo club and can generally control my cvc/clash match ups by tailoring my scores. Today, I have scored 60 points total over 3 matches and continue to be matched with clubs putting up millions. 

Comments

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    That is too ba .  Lol
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m putting up millions, LOL
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Thank you for that helpful addition. It's actually a way to play this quickly deteriorating game. I posted this to see if other solo players were experiencing similar match ups. GFY. 
    edited November 2019
    I would say that GLU is discouraging solo play and solo clubs by mixing brackets so that the sandbag technique doesn’t work as it did previously and guys are getting run over like you are.  I’m well familiar with the technique, used to be a proponent.  Friends and former clubmates have left this strategy behind esp since the update and now get FP and go all out to hit tiers.  I am also playing solo today so yes, I too get overmatched sometimes but take solace in FP rewards.  With teams as strong as they are now, the prevalence of bonus players and the fewer amount of players/clubs and brackets better Get on your horse and start to score or join up with some others otherwise it’s going to be you not me who will repeatedly GF’ed.

LOL
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I guess we know who one of @bigvivec 's disagree people may be ;)

that happened with me in clash last week, but i was still able to win all of my matchups. i think it's a little bit more randomized than regular thursday/weekend cvc in being able to sandbag.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I have a solo club and can generally control my cvc/clash match ups by tailoring my scores. Today, I have scored 60 points total over 3 matches and continue to be matched with clubs putting up millions. 
    I've still had luck being matched up with reasonable opponents, but I've heard a few others make similar statements as yours. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked the match making, but I have a feeling it has more to do with teams being unable to leave their club to fieldpass dump- thus dumping it on you/other solo guys. 

Edit: for instance, I just put up ~35m in the last CVC against my opponents 25k. I'm sure my next matchup will completely wreck me, but I needed to play around with Musial.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Sandbagging still works for me. I usually do 1 round then 2 then 4 then all 8. It works most of the time 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    You need to take into consideration that maybe people are putting up 10, 20 or whatever low score as well to do the same thing you're trying to do in a loss. You'll only know if they put those low scores up if they win with that score. Losses aren't stored on the club screen.

5-20k usually is a good place to live after first match unless your club was inactive or put up very little points for the event the day before.
    edited November 2019
    Some of the sandbag techniques have been affected by the cool down.....taking a bye round in one club while playing in another, shopping around for a true dead to dead club matchup, FP dumping most of your tickets a round in a dead bronze then popping in for a bagger ticket and a win.  All it takes is one bomb round then the plan goes off the rails.  

Dusty has a good point though and one that I have followed.  There are a fair amount of sandbagging sharks with their own clubs out there who have the potential to score much more than they do and laying 10-60 a round will get you paired with them.  I try to hit around 50k -70k when bagging in that will put me up more often than not with honest clubs of 70k players with no bonus guys which are not threatening.   

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I try to hit 1-2M per round, which I generally get with one ticket using video boosts.  That pretty much permanently ensures that my next matchup will be a club that can only max out in the 600-800K range.  I guess that keeps me away from the true sandbaggers and firmly in the range of clubs who are just okay at CVC and cannot dominate me.

The only time things go sour is when my one video-boosted round ends up scoring 8M+.  Then I know that, for the next round, I'll either have to go big to win (thereby drawing yet another tough matchup the round after that, and so on), or I have to skip the next round to get back on track.  Usually I just skip, which is made easier by the fact that I no longer spend money on this game now that the CD timer is in effect, which means I don't have FP milestones to worry about.,
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    bigvivec said:

👀
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I try to hit 1-2M per round, which I generally get with one ticket using video boosts.  That pretty much permanently ensures that my next matchup will be a club that can only max out in the 600-800K range.  I guess that keeps me away from the true sandbaggers and firmly in the range of clubs who are just okay at CVC and cannot dominate me.

The only time things go sour is when my one video-boosted round ends up scoring 8M+.  Then I know that, for the next round, I'll either have to go big to win (thereby drawing yet another tough matchup the round after that, and so on), or I have to skip the next round to get back on track.  Usually I just skip, which is made easier by the fact that I no longer spend money on this game now that the CD timer is in effect, which means I don't have FP milestones to worry about.,
    I play it similarly, but on a smaller scale. If you have a score that is 'too high,' you can hard close and the score won't register. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Sandbagging was always a crapshoot to me. Especially in the first matchup of the day teams looking to make their next 3-9 matchups easier by scoring a few k when their clubs are capable of 8 figure scores. With less club movement this probably is a bit more of a volatile strategy.  I tend to see personally what the previous high round/mvp was from that clubs previous games to see how hard I want to play it.

Next time hard close the app before hitting the red end button. Will dump the score.