GLU STOCK

TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
I hope nobody here actually owns GLUU. Losing big time after earnings report. Greedy companies can only survive for so long, net loss $5mil this quarter. Glu tried to make it look pretty but the numbers don't lie. Down 18% after hours 

Comments

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    So that is why they make us wait 12 hours to join a new club.   The crappy box today really helps that too.   That should hel the bottom like
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    And nearly every recent change they made is going to negatively effect the bottom line
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Oh their stock has been steadily losing since May. I would say stock prices have plummeted, but honestly they were never high enough to justify that verbiage. 
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Shame imo this game has the potential to make gazillions lol I dunno, if run properly
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Down another 15% in after hours trading.  I may be able to get a “Club” together to buy majority share of the soon to be penny stock tomorrow afternoon the way it’s going.
  • bigjay148bigjay148 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Hell, I may take a run at it if the stock get low enough, the chances of the shares recovering are better than me getting a decent player these days!!!
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Glu stock has been plummeting for awhile now. No idea how Nick Earl is still CEO he’s doing a terrible job, never meets earnings goals 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Haven't followed Glu's stock but dug a little into their financials earlier today. TSB is only about 20-25% of their revenue. So while a big part of the biz, not really overly dependent on it.

It's interesting how much money they are spending on user acquisition / marketing. That expense almost doubled year-over-year for Q3 while revenues didn't grow that much. Revenue growth is probably slowing from existing users, so they are trying to add users (more importantly paying users), which is not cheap.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Is there another app that generates more revenue than TSB? 20-25% seems like a large percentage. 
    oh yeah. see cut and paste from their 10Q from last qtr. 8K is only out for the most recent earnings, will be checking out the 10Q when it's released.

During the three months ended June 30, 2019, Design Home, the Tap Sports Baseball franchise, and Covet Fashion, were our top three revenue-generating games and comprised 44.6%, 20.0% and 15.8%, respectively, of our revenue for the period. No other game generated more than 10% of revenue during the quarter.
    Missed this earlier, actually they have 6 month numbers:

During the six months ended June 30, 2019, Design Home, the Tap Sports Baseball franchise and Covet Fashion were our top three revenue-generating games and comprised 44.8%, 18.5%  and 15.7%, respectively, of our revenue for the period. No other game generated more than 10% of revenue during the period.
  • bigjay148bigjay148 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    They only went down to 5.46 today. It gets much lower, I’ll buy enough to become principle owner. Them we will get some stuff fixed. I’m not sure what, I’ve never ran a company, I know absolutely both g about tech, but us baseball players will have a grand time while folks designing clothes and wanting to act like a Kardashian will pay for all of our fun!!
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    criffy said:
    Haven't followed Glu's stock but dug a little into their financials earlier today. TSB is only about 20-25% of their revenue. So while a big part of the biz, not really overly dependent on it.

It's interesting how much money they are spending on user acquisition / marketing. That expense almost doubled year-over-year for Q3 while revenues didn't grow that much. Revenue growth is probably slowing from existing users, so they are trying to add users (more importantly paying users), which is not cheap.
    They are going to need to increase their budget for new user acquisition significantly to convince newbies to keep playing once they run into the ridiculous cool-down club lockout.  If I were a new user and was locked out of a club, I would delete the app because it is sheer dumbness. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2019
    If a wall was always blue, would you wish it to be pink or would you just take the blue for granted?  

New new users won’t be a problem;  they will accept the parameters as they are.  It’s those of us who have seen Paree who won’t stay on the farm anymore.......
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @bigvivec 100% agree with what you said!