Almost a week and not a peep from out Good Friend Blue!

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
edited November 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I dont think its too much to ask to get an update or some feedback about what is going on with tsb19. A good source from GLU has informed many of us that GLU has essentially given up on Tap19, all their efforts are geared towards 2020 as the current app is on its last few months. Are they planning on keeping the cool down at 12hrs? I think most of us would agree that the best solution or should I say meeting point would be to keep the CO period but only have it active during events. This solves all of their concerns, however as we all have seen the recent sales in evo and cash, this was all a ploy to milk more money from its users. Safe to say from a business perspective, this was them trying to recover loses. Wel all they are doing is destroying this community and its user base in the last few months we have to play this game. Many users are not returning for 2020 for various reason so might as well go back to how things were and let us enjoy the last few months.

A simple update is all I am looking for from @blueleopard or any official person from GLU. Everything that was told to us by blue about "club cohesiveness, preventing club hoppers" was all bull.shit.  No less then then 12hrs after the CO came into effect, we all saw the new evo and cash bundles they were shuffing down our throats.

So again, good try @blueleopard but you guys really shi.t the bed on this one and showed your true hand. So try and save some face and give us some information please. Thats the least you can do after feeding us all that bull.shi.t you posted last week.

Thanks,

Have a great day everyone.
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy

Comments

• JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    100% agree.  Some communication would be appreciated.  Until then, the silence is like a very big F and U to all your players.   Is that your intended message?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Have a great day everyone.
    Thanks, buddy. 😊
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited November 2019
    The guys that obviously make those decisions are above my paygrade, and I've been helping out with other titles in the portfolio as well as a volunteer fellowship I'm assisting in planning, so I don't have a substantial update from or for anybody at this very moment.  I will tell you that the main person who runs those aspects has been away on paternal leave.  I'm not saying that as an excuse, but I think that's something you deserve to know if you believe we've been lax.

I'll go ahead and move my leopard poop from the bed to the toilet now.  
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Also, I hope you all realize that myself and Mr. Uni are the second line of defense when our Customer Care team is swamped.  Whoever had the "brilliant" idea of flooding them with the same complaints to back that team up probably didn't realize that that takes away time we get to spend with those of you here. :(
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited November 2019
    -Post not Removed by admin-
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Lol what?! 🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jrichmanesqjrichmanesq Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Also, I hope you all realize that myself and Mr. Uni are the second line of defense when our Customer Care team is swamped.  Whoever had the "brilliant" idea of flooding them with the same complaints to back that team up probably didn't realize that that takes away time we get to spend with those of you here. :(
    Perhaps nobody had the “brilliant” idea of flooding customer service with the same complaints. Perhaps everyone, individually, has all the same complaints. 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Your customer service, nine times out of ten, is incompetent.
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @blueleopard Thank You for your transparency. As well as hoping our objections to the cool down period and the lack of pxp/lxp (even if one had the thousands of dollars to buy it, they couldn’t in the store) Are communicated clearly to the appropriate ears, that’s the best we can ask for. And given the lack of communication, I for one would appreciate your presence here, even if it’s a tough job and seems unwelcome. 

In addition to agreeing with @dkarski87, I’d like to add the increased stinginess of pxp and lxp in particular, makes me and many others I speak to less, not more, inclined to spend money or recommend the game to our uninitiated friends. 

Do not mistake those of us that are sticking it out with contentment. We have already invested months of work, and have deep connections to our teams and friends. But it’s despite the decision makers at Glu. Has been for a long time. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thanks @blueleopard. We are just looking for some information is all. I agree that no one is looking to blame you for this poor decision and you shouldn't be taking shit from people here. But you need to relay the message to the people above you. They literally forced this CO period on us, not even a grace period, or hey lets try it out for a few days and see how it goes. It was here... take it or leave it. So you have to understand the frustration. And again, all the reasons listed previously were bullshit. Again, no fault of yours. The idiots above you have no idea how to run their own app, if they were smart as many other have pointed out here in the past, this game could make them alot more money if they just listened to their users.
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Lol what?! 🤣
    @dkarski87 said Glu had pooped the bed
    Lol what?! 🤣
    @dkarski87 said Glu had pooped the bed
    I can't believe I missed that 😏 I'm still imagining someone trying to train a leopard to use a toilet..
    I believe you could be spared a lot of time by having the app provide a lot more information on the front end. 

“Kevan Smith is available in tournament boxes until _______!  Get him while you can!” as an example. 
    Agreed, someone pointed out earlier. No news on the app for weeks now. Aside from "hey new bundles available". I understand they have given up on 19, if that's the case, dump the cool off and have it for 2020. Allow us to enjoy the last bit of the game with our fellow club mates and peers. I dont think GLU understands how badly they are affecting the community and its users @blueleopard.
    – The Great Houmy
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Agreed @dkarski87 I know I, for one, have completely stopped spending money on this app due explicitly to the ridiculous handling of the CD timer.  While I'm just one guy, that's still a fair amount of money lost (though I'm not proud to admit it).
    Agreed @dkarski87 I know I, for one, have completely stopped spending money on this app due explicitly to the ridiculous handling of the CD timer.  While I'm just one guy, that's still a fair amount of money lost (though I'm not proud to admit it).
    +1
    Thank you for the input @blueleopard
    Communication from you and the devs is important to the community.

I hope this above message isn’t suggesting that we become less passionate about the game and that we should sit in the dark silent.  Many of us have the same opinions about the recent changes/errors (e.g., cool down, Kevan Smith).  Fix the root cause, please don’t blame the messenger.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Damn, @dkarski87 is so mean to @blueleopard these days. Given the chance he would probably put Epstein's "suicide" on blue as well (#epsteindidnotkillhimself).

To borrow/plagiarize a modified line from one of my favorite movies, 😍Notting Hill😍:

"...and don't forget...Blue is also just a forum admin, standing in front of the forum, asking them to love him"!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

No I wasn't.  I was being kind and respectful.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    No I wasn't.  I was being kind and respectful.
    I don't care what anyone says about you buddy 👉 ( @Bigpredfan & @DFBB ) 👈 I just love that signature of yours 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

There both dead to me, your still my BFF tho @Houmy. Hope poker is treating you well.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    There both dead to me, your still my BFF tho @Houmy. Hope poker is treating you well.
    Thanks buddy. Luv ya back. As far as poker goes we'll see in two weeks. Going for the thanksgiving weekend to play a couple of tournaments so fingers crossed 🤑🤑🤑🤑

dkarski87 said:
    Good news is that every time I’m dead to @dkarski87 I come back to life about 2-3 days later 
    edited November 2019
    is that like being hungry an hour after chinese food?

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You guys don’t suppose someone’s wife hacked the app and instituted the CD timer, do you?  I mean it’s been very effective in getting guys to spend less time playing, only explanation that makes sense to me.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    You guys don’t suppose someone’s wife hacked the app and instituted the CD timer, do you?  I mean it’s been very effective in getting guys to spend less time playing, only explanation that makes sense to me.
    Son of a Bi....that's why she was at the computer and a console window was open!!!

Now I have a mental image of all our spouses with a huge Line group chat agreeing to pay Glu “X” for the cool down timer 
    dkarski87 said:
    Good news is that every time I’m dead to @dkarski87 I come back to life about 2-3 days later 
    At least he's keeping it consistent same as every time he deletes the app for good 🤣🤣🤣

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    whynot said:
    Considering I play the game on my wife's phone it's very possible she messaged customer service and asked for this...