For the love of god please increase primes already!

whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
Sucks to pull a prime with good skills and level them up knowing they are for the most part one and done. Atleast if they were 475 they would hold a little more value whether it be building an all left c vs c team or lower levels of woh. Bxp should be 400 at minimum, or atleast make them temporarily boosted for events. 

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah still having BXP guys at 360 honestly bothers the hell out of me.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Considering how nearly worthless the 450’s are already...I think it’s going to take a jump to 470 at a minimum to put them back in play
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    My 2b is a 400 👀😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    My 2b is a 400 👀😬
    400 catcher and 420 2B here haha
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Agree the primes definitely need a boost. I think my catcher is 430 and SS and 2B are 450, the rest are at least 470 so anything below 450 is useless to me 
    edited November 2019
    My 2b is a 400 👀😬
    I think the big error that I made a number of months ago was chasing the incremental difference in these guys… Without doing the math on the cost-of-leveling and the skills

I was spending the PXP to fully level a 435 guy… To replace a 420 guy... Rather than invest a fraction of that into increasing the skills which would’ve accomplish the same thing

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    My 2b is a 400 👀😬
    I think the big error that I made a number of months ago was chasing the incremental difference in these guys… Without doing the math on the cost-of-leveling and the skills

I was spending the PXP to fully level a 435 guy… To replace a 420 guy... Rather than invest a fraction of that into increasing the skills which would’ve accomplish the same thing

That'll certainly set you back! I never "got ahead" and got wrapped up in trying to "compete" for a little bit, which is just a resource and money drain. Lessons learned I suppose 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I'd be a lot happier if they offered the mega LXP boxes so I could actually use the legends on my bench instead of prime guys.
    edited November 2019
    So quick math.  It takes 106,400 PXP to take a hitter to G10.  Plus another 80,000 PXP to get the skills to 12/12

vs just the 80,000 PXP to get his skills to 12/12

So doing this 4-5 times, I probably wasted about 400-500 thousand PXP.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think the direction of bxp players is more to give teams a chance to easily level bonus guys for event points and not necessarily the intention of being on your team long term.  Given the duplicate bxp amounts are a lot greater this year, its made bxp so much easier to obtain.

Bottom line is i doubt they get much higher and are major parts of anyone's main teams but I'm wrong a lot so who knows.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    500 and 520 legends have high speed......450 primes do not.  Actual effective stats reflect what I consider an acceptable gap between prime and legend level players.  
    FWIW, my cynicism aside...the MVP awards would be a perfect time to do bumps 
    FWIW, my cynicism aside...the MVP awards would be a perfect time to do bumps 
    What’s the chances this weekend boxes will relate to the awards?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Well considering the the boxes released during World Series had no relation... I’d say 🤔 0 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Soto vs Mathews, both with capped skills. I havent hit ceiling yet with either but .805 against righties vs .748 respectively. Soto outclasses any other player I have with skills at 16/16 even. Only drawback is he is far from auto on 6.10. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I saw the weekend boxes (leaked) and no bump for any player types- legend/prime/bxp. Also, the boxes are awful, more recycled legends. I already have different versions of 3 of the 4 on my current roster that were released within the last month or so.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I saw the weekend boxes (leaked) and no bump for any player types- legend/prime/bxp. Also, the boxes are awful, more recycled legends. I already have different versions of 3 of the 4 on my current roster that were released within the last month or so.

What else is new?  This year's edition of TSB has specialized in stagnation. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    How do the boxes get leaked are they on reddit or something? 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2 usually via various chats in line app or wherever
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    How do the boxes get leaked are they on reddit or something? 
    GG to fbook or chats.