PLEASE! Get rid of Cooldown

CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
This Cooldown thing is getting old. Go back to the drawing board Glu....
Prev1

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin 622 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Agreed.  Completely ruined the game for me.  I play for an elite club but typically only play WOH and Royale because I can't afford to buy boxes every event but that is the expectation of my club.  Now due to cool down, some members are stuck in the club while others are stuck out.  Definitely severely less club cohesion than before the change.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett 1,425 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Agreed.  Completely ruined the game for me.  I play for an elite club but typically only play WOH and Royale because I can't afford to buy boxes every event but that is the expectation of my club.  Now due to cool down, some members are stuck in the club while others are stuck out.  Definitely severely less club cohesion than before the change.

HEY GLU if Lonzo comes out of hiding to comment on something then it must be bad....seriously just adjust the timer or remove it for now.

Regards- PAYING CUSTOMERS
    you can't spell deteriorate without Detroit

• MattattackMattattack New Member 1,171 PostsRegistered Users
    I hope those extra sales in evo and blue cash was worth it
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte 622 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I think the GLU team is pulled the plug on 19.  They DGAF about this season anymore

im starting to wonder if they make 19 suck to force migrate people to 20 when it releases
  • MetsicansMetsicans 739 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I think the GLU team is pulled the plug on 19.  They DGAF about this season anymore

im starting to wonder if they make 19 suck to force migrate people to 20 when it releases

I don't understand how they can give up on the game with 4-5 months until the next one comes out.  If users lose their interest this year, will they come back?  If Glu drives me away to the point where I don't play for 2 months, I certainly will not jump back in for 2020. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte 622 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Metsicans said:

I don't understand how they can give up on the game with 4-5 months until the next one comes out.  If users lose their interest this year, will they come back?  If Glu drives me away to the point where I don't play for 2 months, I certainly will not jump back in for 2020. 
    I certainly agree, I’m just saying it’s difficult to dispute that GLU doesn’t care a whole lot about 19 right now 

Im not sure if pulling the plug is the right term but I think their priorities and most of our priorities just dont align.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 1,680 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    They have, all their efforts are geared towards 2020.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett 1,425 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    edited November 2019
    We saw the same IDGAF last year about this same time Last Year.  Similar complaints (remember the great account lockout of august of 18?) Features that were added to enhance the game totally strangled it...its a clear established pattern of developers & coders, you're told to start coding for next year and you do just that. Don't worry about 19 we will fix it in 20...
    you can't spell deteriorate without Detroit

• DFBBDFBB 4,258 PostsRegistered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator
    I've noticed that guys have either gone solo or gone out of their way to maintain the play style that enjoyed prior to the cool down. At some point, the latter gets old real fast. It's been suggested before, but they need to either lower the cool down timer or make it only active during events. 
    Mi casa es su casa...except during cvc. 
    DFBB said:
    I've noticed that guys have either gone solo or gone out of their way to maintain the play style that enjoyed prior to the cool down. At some point, the latter gets old real fast. It's been suggested before, but they need to either lower the cool down timer or make it only active during events. 
    For me, my club split yesterday after the event, but I fell asleep and didn't get out of the club until 7 this morning.  Now I'm basically locked out of the game all day today--can't even see the bonus players.  I guess I'll join my solo club tonight and play a couple CvC rounds.  But this absolutely sucks and has killed my enjoyment of the game.  I've hardly logged on today at all, and won't do so until 7...hard to see how this was Glu's intended result. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols 2,936 PostsRegistered Users, Member

Me looking for ways to spend the time I would normally spend trying to earn that 30% discount today..
    Just me in my world of enemies.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member

Me looking for ways to spend the time I would normally spend trying to earn that 30% discount today..
    As a carpenter, I have to add - measure twice
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 123 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I did and it was still to short
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member 2,570 PostsRegistered Users
    My top 10 for today. 

10 clubs with no more than 4 people. Basically all solo clubs 
    My top 10 for today. 

Thats how my rebracket was yesterday 
    My top 10 for today. 

Thats how my rebracket was yesterday 
    Guess it’s easier to be cohesive by yourself 
    *Resists urge to break rule #8*
    *Resists urge to break rule #8*
    Cool down buddy
    Cool down buddy

I had a good one for you, but I keep getting that. 🙄
  • bigvivecbigvivec 2,134 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Metsicans said:

They haven’t given up at all.  They’ve just implemented a whole slew of new innovations.  Thing is we don’t agree with them...............GLU is as active and forward moving as they ever have been;  its only their direction sucks.  
    DFBB said:
    Thing is, any cool down timer reduction runs against the now blatant direction from upper management that evo hunting cuts into potential evo sales and must be eradicated.  You and bluelepoard have both alluded to upper management directives being beyond control.  

We’re left with this and to this point and the way the new changes have been socialized, it has been presented absolutely as take it or leave it.  
    bigvivec said:
    DFBB said:
    Thing is, any cool down timer reduction runs against the now blatant direction from upper management that evo hunting cuts into potential evo sales and must be eradicated.  You and bluelepoard have both alluded to upper management directives being beyond control.  

We’re left with this and to this point and the way the new changes have been socialized, it has been presented absolutely as take it or leave it.  
    Well put!  My only complaint is that the community is suffering big time. Charge whatever you want for evo, but don’t kill the only thing that keeps us playing
    edited November 2019
    Oh I agree with you.  They have really driven a stake with the new implementations.  It’s just that they will be beyond appeal because from their point of view they made a productive improvement and any complaints are just sour grapes from those moving in the grey areas and taking advantage of weaknesses in the game structure.  
    If it’s evo hunting that’s the issue- remove evo from club leveling rewards 

if it’s people getting too much cash from loyalty boxes daily by going to silver/gold/platinum clubs every day- limit it to 50 boxes per day regardless of the club level

those 2 fixes do not require a cool down timer. Cvc sniping can be fixed with a cool down timer of 2-3 hours. 

I think the issue is too many people getting cvc rewards by being in solo clubs. They don’t want to adjust the rewards, and are instead trying to force clubs that are “cohesive” with 20 full teams. Issue is, the cool down timer (or Dyson as I call it because all it does is suck) is having the opposite effect. Forcing people to stay solo all the time. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra 1,221 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Nothing they have done has made me want to leave my solo club. Winning most cvc matches keeps my pxp stash alive so I can understand why they wouldn’t want a million solo clubs out there but the cool down timer won’t do the trick. I understand that evo farming keeps people from buying evo but is it possible that people will chase fewer players and buy fewer boxes since they dont have evo to level up new players. 
    If you think the timer sucks now, wait until 2020. Nobody will have platinum and diamond solo clubs, so we will all be stuck paying for evo and playing in clubs that mostly have no chance of competing with the elite, high-spending clubs. It’s going to be great. 🙄 
    Metsicans said:
    If you think the timer sucks now, wait until 2020. Nobody will have platinum and diamond solo clubs, so we will all be stuck paying for evo and playing in clubs that mostly have no chance of competing with the elite, high-spending clubs. It’s going to be great. 🙄 
    So, stay bronze? 😉
    Metsicans said:
    So, stay bronze? 😉
    Find another hobby more like.  
    Metsicans said:
    You left out nerfing the D6 rewards which I also expect.   But yeah at that point the decision will be made for most of us