What level do you play at (bronze, silver, gold, plat, diamond)?

criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
Figured it would be helpful for people to know where the regular forum posters play at. A lot of time advice/responses are given to questions, but it doesn't necessarily apply to everyone's experiences given the different treatment across playing levels. Would be helpful to identify whose experience / advice may be most applicable given a post's question.

What level do you play at (bronze, silver, gold, plat, diamond)? 104 votes

Bronze
0%
Silver
10%
DODGERSYANKSDOAbryzzo1744JdotChristophertshea510CalYenteNumb3rsCanadaCubsmythicaldragonBigBibbins333ShoveItUpYoenis2numb3r5 11 votes
Gold
43%
HeadRushCooz19Base15rlphillDantemavericksihuffglusnowy24Boston0714DPKSDc3085louisawesomespoomanMws_5767Biceson44AccelmanBizertoduckk123buddydaveblueprintsCOWPILEY 45 votes
Platinum
5%
ScottySTL1whammo911bigviveclikenightMarcuhextremehawks22404 6 votes
Diamond
38%
MattattackOLDTIMER007BigpredfanDFBBdkarski87Wicked0Wildcatsredlegs2018uHaraycarayYankees917182LudwigMonstermatt_sackettMulderkenJEDDDOGGYJudge2003cobranavyjack77nwaredstar77Soo_Choo_TraindustyhunksJCAM80 40 votes
I quit, just perusing, here for the popcorn
1%
GordonBombaycheckitmyles 2 votes

Comments

• HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    And struggling. Still trying to get the resources to upgrade my primes and legends

I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Gold
    I was looking for his pic also
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Gold
    @dfbb is there any way to remove the 20 icon limits for each answer just for this one poll?
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Silver
    Somebody good at math...

How much total:
    - prime xp is needed to bring 10 guys from silver to gold
    - legend xp is needed to bring 4 guys from silver to gold 
    All guys currently capped at S10
    - blue cash needed to max out the upgrades from silver to gold

Trying to figure out the total amount of each resource needed to completely max out gold before making the jump. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Diamond
    Somebody good at math...

How much total:
    - prime xp is needed to bring 10 guys from silver to gold
    - legend xp is needed to bring 4 guys from silver to gold 
    All guys currently capped at S10
    - blue cash needed to max out the upgrades from silver to gold

Trying to figure out the total amount of each resource needed to completely max out gold before making the jump. 
    71,500 pxp/lxp from s10-g10 without any discounts- and 300 gold/30 evo

So, for 10 primes= 715,000 pxp and 3,000 gold/300 Evo

For 4 legends= 286,000 lxp and 1,200 gold/120 Evo

1,075,000 cash per upgrade from 40-60= 16,125,000 for all 15 upgrades. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Silver
    That’s just for one player?? Jesus not even close guess I’m staying silver. I have 300K bxp, 200K pxp, 100K lxp, 7 million blue cash, 1,400 evo and 7,000 gold right now. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Diamond
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2 but remember you need cash to level your players from s10-g10, and you earn balls for each team upgrade which can be donated and turned into cash. Either way, there are your plain numbers 👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I had nowhere near enough PXP when I made the jump from silver to gold and I managed just fine. I fully leveled two primes, three base 360 guys, and then set to work from there to level the rest of my primes. Resources seem to be collected much faster at gold than silver, I don’t know why but that was my experience.

I remember when I made the jump thinking I was jumping too soon, only being able to fully level two primes, but I was so wrong. I probably could have jumped sooner. You are totally good to jump, just identify your top prime players and level those guys first.
    Silver
    @checkitmyles do you remember if you lost a lot of games when you made that jump? Right now I finish season mode 116-0 and rarely lose prime/BG/Tourney games. I'm worried if I jump to gold I'll start losing like crazy and it will be harder to progress plus hurting the club if I don't put up points from losing so much
    Yeah, I remember being nervous about that too. Definitely didn't happen, prime games didn't change at all, bonus games I perhaps lost 5% more often, tourney was always a crapshoot for me but I was still winning about 75% of the tournaments I entered. Those things are weird. Season mode I maybe went from averaging like 110 wins per season to like 105. 

If you have some base 5 star pitchers, it makes it easier to transition cause then you can use 6000 base xp to level them up to S10, which they will remain dominant at that level even against gold hitters.

You definitely will not "lose like crazy" if you make the jump with the ridiculous amount of bxp, pxp, evo, gold and cash you have on hand. Identify your top 3 prime hitters, level those guys, level a handful of bxp guys too to ease the transition. In fact, even at the end of my playing I still had two base guys in my lineup and they were doing great. Everyone is scared of the jump from silver to gold, it's really not a big deal.
    Sorry meant to tag you in that @ShoveItUpYoenis2
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Diamond
    I've got a diamond team with a team strength of about 211K.  I play in a solo club and by end of day today I'll officially be the owner of a diamond club - bring on that PxP!  I don't have a second device, so I'm not able to club hop like some.  I've cycle capped the past three WoH HoF rewards, so I have three strong RH bats, but my lefties are all very weak.  I've scraped by with a 420 max Arraez with skills at 20/20.  I'm at All-Star level 8, so not a high roller like some, but I routinely buy the weekday fieldpass (best value in the game IMO) and occasionally the CvC edge to help reach the fieldpass targets.  Tap on my friends!
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Diamond
    I play at Diamond. In previous years, I’ve never gone past Gold. I wanted to see what it was like to play Diamond. Since I don’t spend real money on this game, it takes me longer to build up resources and to upgrade players. But in reality, I didn’t have all the resources to upgrade at Gold either. So it was basically a choice to stay at Gold and chase the player of the day/week, or go up to Diamond and see what that’s like and only upgrade a few guys. I chose to try Diamond this year. I’m glad I made that choice, but wish I could go back and do it differently. But I’ve had that same thought every year I’ve played. 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Diamond
    I love the diamond grind!
    ~UNAGI~
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Diamond
    Diamond is a huge time sink, but it's super fun. It's not for everyone, but here's why I went diamond:

-last year at this time I was barely transitioning to gold. 
    -I LOVE being able to help others level up their clubs. In particular, I love helping guys get their club from gold to platinum.
    -Diamond owns all the events. We get 2x the points and we rarely lose games. 
    -too many cookie cutter teams below diamond. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Diamond
    the  biggest reason that I went diamond was so that I could play bonus games and tourneys when it was convenient for me instead of trying to play when glu schedules the events. I love not chasing gold and evo and being  able to cycle cap a legend when I get a chance to play on Monday’s. The only day that I spend gold besides season mode is Monday so I’ve reduced my PT lately. I also enjoyed helping others during events but that has stopped and now I play the events even less. The CD also has tempted me to spend less by not chasing players so that’s a positive 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Diamond
    Diamond affords me to play when I feel like it and not to a time clock, burnout has slowed my play a bit but I like that I could always improve my team, whether I spent cash, or gold, or spend a day pounding out 1,000 games to get that quick gold infusion (~50.00 worth of gold 3-5 times a week allowed me to participate more on non WoH days.) I didn’t have to stagnate as long as I balanced my cash/BGs correctly and having done it the last 3 months of ‘18 it took far less time to get to that spot this season.