Mega LXP boxes

notretirepujolsnotretirepujols Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
They haven't been in store since last Friday (I believe it was Friday, may have been Saturday?) yet half of the specials have mega lxp boxes. I understand these guys want their money, but without grabbing my 40 mega lxp boxes I won't be in position to cycle cap tomorrow, thus leaving me with no motivation to grab field pass. Some guys will simply pay $ for whatever they need no matter what, and I understand that, but I'm not understanding the tight squeeze we have going on. Don't leave out the guys that drop a few bucks here and there just to drain the top guys a little more.. 

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    It's so short sighted. They are burning their game's community down. Without it there's less competition for whales to compete with and in the long run the whales are going to spend less / leave the game. Baffling business decision imo
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think they were only out for about 12 hours last Friday and before that it was like 5-6 before they last appeared.  So we are talking about 12 hours in nearly two weeks.  Pretty unfortunate 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Sorry guys, you can blame me for this.  Since it was the first time I was able to earn a 30% discount accolade for my solo club, for an available total of 50%...AND I finally pulled Jackie, followed by Joe Morgan...there was no way in hell they would allow me easy access to LXP this weekend.  Rest assured, the moment I can only get a 30% discount and I don’t have enough gold left to buy many boxes, the Mega LXP will become available for 48 straight hours.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @More2Most2First needs to burn up his gold 😬 just keep hitting those Mets boxes to chase Stras 🙃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Sorry guys, you can blame me for this.  Since it was the first time I was able to earn a 30% discount accolade for my solo club, for an available total of 50%...AND I finally pulled Jackie, followed by Joe Morgan...there was no way in hell they would allow me easy access to LXP this weekend.  Rest assured, the moment I can only get a 30% discount and I don’t have enough gold left to buy many boxes, the Mega LXP will become available for 48 straight hours.
    FWIW, this has been the pattern since the release of pxp mega boxes.  IF you are the type to buy xp mega boxes, you have to make hay while the sun shines.  When the boxes do make a rare appearance in the store or bundled in an extra-ordinarily good package in specials, you have to buy right then as much as you can or care to afford.  Simple as that.  Not like the xp goes anywhere or depreciates.  Just like cool down, this requires vision that goes beyond immediate needs.  Does it suck?  Start a thread but like any game, there are parameters and it’s up to the participants to sort out how best to address and work within the walls.  

THAT IS THE GAME!
    edited November 2019
    Gotta keep the illiterate trolls happy........c’mon....hit the button again little Pavlov monkey..........
    @bigvivec

FWIW, I intended my post mostly as comedy.  I forgot to put an “lol” at the end, so I forgive you...lol.

Now for a serious question.  Does the weekend 30% discount accolade expire at the end of the event (9 PM PST) or does it go until the weekend boxes become unavailable (12 AM PST)?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @bigvivec

FWIW, I intended my post mostly as comedy.  I forgot to put an “lol” at the end, so I forgive you...lol.

Now for a serious question.  Does the weekend 30% discount accolade expire at the end of the event (9 PM PST) or does it go until the weekend boxes become unavailable (12 AM PST)?
    Discount ends at the end of the event. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Thanks @DFBB, I figured as much, but wanted to make sure.
    @bigvivec

Irregardless......my post was serious.  
    Calm down Pennywise, again, I was trying to lighten the mood, LOL.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I finally pulled Jackie and then pulled Keith Hernandez so I need these boxes bad 
    Calm down Pennywise, again, I was trying to lighten the mood, LOL.
    Try being more funny than whiney then buddy.
    bigvivec said:
    Gotta keep the illiterate trolls happy........c’mon....hit the button again little Pavlov monkey..........
    Is that the wire monkey vs cloth monkey experiment?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    bigvivec said:
    Is that the wire monkey vs cloth monkey experiment?
    For all the lost and wandering souls here, retirepujols volunteers to provide the soft and enveloping Harlowian comfort of a cloth diaper as constrasted to my wire-like tendencies.   

<smooches>

There you go fellas.....hit that and plan ahead.  Won’t find a better deal than that.  
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    bigvivec said:

There you go fellas.....hit that and plan ahead.  Won’t find a better deal than that.  
    Nah man yesterday I got a $20 fill up at KFC for $18 cause I did a survey so I think that was a better deal. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Got 35,000 lxp from the 10 boxes how’d I do is that about average? 
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I got 31k
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    52k. I hit the 10k award four times. 
    Got 35,000 lxp from the 10 boxes how’d I do is that about average? 
    Do the math......all you need to figure out if that’s a fair amount is there in front of you.  

Bring the hate.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    You guys should have literally ridden it out another few hours. Mega boxes for gold in store...
    You guys should have literally ridden it out another few hours. Mega boxes for gold in store...
    I'm about 4.5 hours away from raiding them 😬