Weekend Boxes - 11/15/19

2Next

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @Millecors 128k ts in diamond isn't great. I've seen multiple screencaps of people losing to that guy this weekend. One thing they all have in common is their ts being sub 200k.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    @Millecors 128k ts in diamond isn't great. I've seen multiple screencaps of people losing to that guy this weekend. One thing they all have in common is their ts being sub 200k.
    While it may not be "great", it's still bulldookie.  Competition is BG's and Tournaments pairings should at least be close.  My 128K still beats 180K teams regularly.  Running into a buzzsaw like this is just ridiculous.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Millecors said:
    While it may not be "great", it's still bulldookie.  Competition is BG's and Tournaments pairings should at least be close.  My 128K still beats 180K teams regularly.  Running into a buzzsaw like this is just ridiculous.
    There are a set few “beasts” you will run into. He is one. Longhorn184 is another. You just have to take your medicine sometimes and move on. 

I would also add that 128K really isn’t considered good for diamond. It will take time to get that up. I remember losing all the time to those teams for a long time. 
    Millecors said:
    There are a set few “beasts” you will run into. He is one. Longhorn184 is another. You just have to take your medicine sometimes and move on. 

I would also add that 128K really isn’t considered good for diamond. It will take time to get that up. I remember losing all the time to those teams for a long time. 
    Don't forget Bumblebee.  I get that guy a few times a week.  Again, even with the 128K I still win 95% of games.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Speak of the devil...caught me napping trying to get this cycle in before final cvc

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Millecors said:

Don't forget Bumblebee.  I get that guy a few times a week.  Again, even with the 128K I still win 95% of games.
    Exactly. You’ll still win much more than you lose. It’s tournaments where you’ll feel the most pain 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Millecors said:

Enough chest thumping.  At this point 128k for a gold team is on the weak side.  That’s just facts.  
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Speak of the devil...caught me napping trying to get this cycle in before final cvc

LOL....  I am at Gold and i get that guy all the time!!!!! MiDo kicks my a$$  EVERYTIME!!! by Double digits!!!!
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

bigvivec said:
    Millecors said:
    Millecors said:

Enough chest thumping.  At this point 128k for a gold team is on the weak side.  That’s just facts.  
    You're just so cool
    edited November 2019
    I just had to explain to someone who wanted it order ice cream to go.............to Finland.............21h flight from here...............had to explain why that wasn’t going to be possible unless they had access to a freezer.   

This conversation feels just like that one.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My diamond team is in the mid 160s and has stagnated there for a few months, a high 120s is unfortunately going to get ambushed a bit at the end of tournaments.  So I guess I’ll need to level that prime Cole I stashed to reliably win tourneys again but meh I’ve played 100 games in 2 weeks so idk.  Maybe I just delete and see what 2020 has to offer if there’s nothing interesting for the holidays.  
    Black Friday is on the way.

Absolutely nothing to disagree with in that statement.  
  • ScottsdalesmashScottsdalesmash Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    edited November 2019

I'm happy with this.  A lefty 520