WOH 11-18-19: Harold Baines HOF, CJ Cron

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    At Gold, with skills at 14/14, Musial was a brutal 0-2 (didn't get close either time).  Going back to Mathews next time.
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    criffy said:
    @Bigburg skills on boog? 2/2 so far with boog at 20/20 w/ 80g boost
    @criffy hes at 12 both skills.  Just beat him with video boost.  Lost with 40 gold boost earlier
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Bigburg said:
    criffy said:
    @Bigburg skills on boog? 2/2 so far with boog at 20/20 w/ 80g boost
    @criffy hes at 12 both skills.  Just beat him with video boost.  Lost with 40 gold boost earlier
    you're going to want to get him up to at least 16/16 to close somewhat consistently
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Currently lxp poor lol.
    @Bigburg it's called cycling hof all day monday!
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Here is what it took for me at Silver 10:

Stan Musial skills at 18/17 with the max video boost.

Issue with Ryan wasn't being curved out. In fact, in my 5 shots at him, I only had one curve out. Challenge was noodle bats after getting 4 or 5 runs. Same pitches I smashed earlier were now slow rollers or pop ups.

No point in waiting on a fastball either. Wasn't coming. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    fahq....What are the skill levels for Musial?
    13 and 13

Did you use the max video boost?

I wasn't showing any favorable matchup stats prior to the round despite my guy being at 371.

They have Ryan on roids.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

They have Ryan on roids.

Whatever you do, don't charge the mound.
    I'm way too old for that $hit. I just piss and moan until the wife comes in my office and tells me to quit being a fricktard.

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    So the question is do I finish with Edmonds or take baines to 20/20. Woh is my main concern and does the blowout skill really work. Thoughts and opinions are welcome 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Why wouldn't you dump the LXP in to Edmonds skills?  Doesn't that yield the better player?
    @2003cobra finish baines though there won't be much a difference between him and edmonds until the difficult gets bumped. blowout most certainly does work
    Why wouldn't you dump the LXP in to Edmonds skills?  Doesn't that yield the better player?
    Baines is 500 max and will be leveled for free today except for his skills. The last 3 upgrades for Edmonds is almost 250k lxp so I’m thinking baines. I can get baines skills to 20/20 today I’m just iffy in the blowout skill for woh. But I see that there are plenty of believers to help me change my mind 
    @2003cobra
    just so that you're aware, i was not a believer until recently. boog at 20/20 has changed the equation for me on mondays. someone named debbie has been trying it out today and he may be a convert soon...
    I’m leaning that way. I guess that I don’t have to decide today
    Boog with Blowout skill is a hammer for me.  I'd take (3) more just like him
    2003cobra said:
    Baines is 500 max and will be leveled for free today except for his skills. The last 3 upgrades for Edmonds is almost 250k lxp so I’m thinking baines. I can get baines skills to 20/20 today I’m just iffy in the blowout skill for woh. But I see that there are plenty of believers to help me change my mind 

Ahh geez.  I didn't see that Edmonds wasn't at 10 already.  I was confused why you weren't going to max the skills of the guy you already had done.

My bad

Double late inning skills will work for every round no matter the score or pitcher. The blowout skill is good for 5 rounds? But great for every other event typically. I think that it’s really a close call

Just cleared again with Musial. Upped his skills one more notch to 18/18.

It is some damn work, that's for sure. You have to dink and dunk Ryan with hardly any fastball to work with. Don't remember him operating that way, but whatever....LOL

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Baines popped his 6.10 cherry, this guy is going to be a beast. Best HOF reward since scoascia IMO, at least for WOH 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    15 cycles 😭
    just a small disclaimer B)
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    No problem with Cooper and video boost in gold. Agree with @drsmartassphd that it must be present day Ryan slinging junk. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Knebel and Wade Davis on Level 3 have some really funky stuff.  Both are plenty hittable, but you have to watch for it.  You can't just sit fastball like most guys.  

I know they've been that way for a long time,  just a random comment.  
    Cycle caaaaap. By far easiest HOF in a long time. Extra 5 percent was huge. Giving us a real freaking finisher so I don’t have to use a prime anymore is huuuuge. Happy day. Time to cycle for three more hours for lxp
    I’m not sold on him. My 470 Cecil cooper with double late innings seems to get more fastballs. Hopefully baines just needs a little batting practice 
    2003cobra said:
    I’m not sold on him. My 470 Cecil cooper with double late innings seems to get more fastballs. Hopefully baines just needs a little batting practice 
    It’s just math and what the skills are. 

I was cycling with a 450 prime with 20/20 double active so switching to a 500 legend that is 20/20 double active is night and day. Last two cycles I didn’t even need to video restart
    Baines skills are 20/20. As I stated earlier cooper was getting more fastballs than baines despite the lower overall rating. We all have different experiences. Sometimesi believe that  its rng more than math 
    Sometimes there is some rng. Baines is an absolute beast . I haven’t hit 5 home runs on 6.10 in the entire month I’ve been diamond combined . Baines just hit 5 home runs that AB. Bonkers. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    For those using D10 Baines on 20/20 skills, are you using a gold boost for 6.9/6.10?