Season Mode

kehatekehate Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
Season Mode is BS. How in the hell is a 4.5 star base edition higher than my 5 star special edition?!?!? Part of the reward of getting to the higher levels and maxing our players should be that the game gets easier, not rigged to create CPU players that are like this one below. If I had this version of Greinke and maxed him out, his rating would be like 230, not 388. You guys KNOW that’s some bullshit! Fix it.

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    That's been happening for three editions of TSB, at least.  It's not getting fixed.  One of the advantages of staying gold is that season mode is manageable; at diamond, it's a real challenge, and not even worth it to many. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    That's been happening for three editions of TSB, at least.  It's not getting fixed.  One of the advantages of staying gold is that season mode is manageable; at diamond, it's a real challenge, and not even worth it to many. 
    I’ve won my last 3 seasons in diamond and I’m only 175K TS. It’s doable. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Its gonna take time, lots of diamond teams struggle there at first.   You will need a prime pitcher capped against the good teams or a solid keeper pitcher.   
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So if you look thru the old post someone posted a good formula for diamond season mode. Something to do with adding stinky pitchers in your rotation and only have your ace being the best pitcher.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    It’s effective and helpful no matter the level.  I have the lowest ranked possible pitchers in SP 2-5 and Long, RP2 and SU as well.

it lowers my team strength by roughly 15-20k
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Do the same with your subs and whatever position your ML has if active
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    It is definitely doable. Sorry, couldn’t find the other thread on this topic. If diamond you should nerf your team close to 100k team strength. Seems odd, but it works. I put scrubs at SP2-5, all RP, all subs, and usually put two B1 hitters in my lineup. Haven’t lost diamond season mode in months.

This strategy is a pain if doing daily. I use wraps for my ace (at D10) during the regular season. Usually finish with around 90 wins. I then nerf my team for the payoffs.

Credit to @DFBB and many others for the advice on this. 
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    Wait until you play the Astros
    Wait until you play the Astros
    That’s why you pay 150 gold to make your team the Astros 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    who wants to find the post that tells him how to fix it...Im too tired of posting it over and ovah
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    kehate said:
    Season Mode is BS. How in the hell is a 4.5 star base edition higher than my 5 star special edition?!?!? Part of the reward of getting to the higher levels and maxing our players should be that the game gets easier, not rigged to create CPU players that are like this one below. If I had this version of Greinke and maxed him out, his rating would be like 230, not 388. You guys KNOW that’s some bullshit! Fix it.
    If you're having trouble winning season games, put 1-star guys in your three bench spots and at all of your reliever positions.  That usually is enough to bring the opposing team strength down to manageable levels, and if your starting pitchers are good enough, none of those guys get used anyway.  If even that doesn't work, also put 1-star guys in your SP2-5 slots and just roll with your ace (using ice packs before each game).  That should definitely let you roll through season mode.  I've won the title in every diamond season I've played that way.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

who wants to find the post that tells him how to fix it...Im too tired of posting it over and ovah
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/comment/6717334#Comment_6717334
    Look at this post from July 18th that @dustyhunks posted. These season rewards look familiar 4 months later? 

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Do you think season mode will ever start offering LxP?  That resource still feels way too constrained - can only get large amounts by cycling HoF on Monday or buying mega LxP boxes on Tuesday.  My bench is loaded with sexy 520 max legends that I can't level.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

😢
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @retirepujols good luck buddy....
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @retirepujols good luck buddy....
    Thanks, man! I got wrecked 🙂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I won the World Series for the first time in my season thanks to the tips from you guys. Putting shitty players on your subs and your non ace pitching spots really did work. Thanks for the Prime XP