Weekend Ruined Before It Starts?

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
I've tried to keep an open mind about the new "cool down" feature, so I was excited to connect with my club for a weekend of royale in place of my usual weekend CVC hopping.  

I left my cvc club last night at 8PM EST, planning to reconnect with my main club at 8AM this morning.

As 8AM came around and my "cool down" timer expired, I asked my club for an invite and was promptly invited.  I immediately joined and was really looking forward to a great weekend.

However, to my dismay, seconds later I was glitched out of the club.  I did not leave the club, and I was not removed.  Now, instead of being able to rejoin, I am faced with a new 12 hour countdown timer, meaning I am unable to join my club before the start of the weekend event.

I immediately reached out to support to see if the issue could be rectified.  I was ecstatic to see that support responded within an hour, but my excitement turned to frustration as I received a generic reply about the new cool down period and how my input will be forwarded to the development team.

Now, instead of a great weekend of club royale, where I would be buying many boxes, competing for a top spot with my club, and winning exciting rewards, I will be relegated to the sidelines.

Due to the new cool down timer, and no fault of my own, the next 3 days of my TSB life will be ruined. #NotHappy
Proud TSB VIP!
Prev1

Comments

• JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    This is such BS.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Hopefully you can at least get back into your cvc club and get there in time for the first one tonight. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Hopefully you can at least get back into your cvc club and get there in time for the first one tonight. 
    You're right, this is my plan if the issue isn't fixed before the start of the event.  Sucks though, I was really looking forward to participating in a weekend royale.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Glitched out of the club...this is a new one.  Hope it's not a new thing, or there are going to be a lot of angry tappers....
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Sooo all of us with pending invites could find ourselves in this same situation?
    You're right, this is my plan if the issue isn't fixed before the start of the event.  Sucks though, I was really looking forward to participating in a weekend royale.
    You also have to think that you probably aren’t the only one this will happen to. I understand you can’t make loopholes (as in getting kicked means you can join a new one ASAP, because everyone would ask to get kicked), but 12 hours isn’t a cool down time, it’s a “frozen out” time. 

How does the term “cool down” actually apply here? 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    That sucks, and yes I'm 100% against the cooldown period, looks like it already has ramifications.  

If there's a silver lining, club or no club you can play WOH all weekend and hopefully stack resources.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Clubgate2019
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Garbage
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited November 2019
    *coughs*

Every 12 hours when you try to join a club.........
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    lol glu back at it again
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Raising this topic again - exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Left weekend club early so I could join a Monday Club to have some fun with friends. Joined after the 12 hr cool down and 45 mins before Monday event starts...... and I glitched into the club. 

So now I had a ghost version of my team in the club - but was not in the club - could not join the club and had to play solo and make sure the other guys in the club did not kick my ghost and restart by cool down.

Total BS.

customer service have ‘raised’ the issue - which means they are waiting for the event to be over so they can come back to me today at some point and say they need screen shots of blah blah blah and too bad, but looks like you are not in a club, what’s your problem again......

if you are going to enforce a 12 hr cool down at least fix the bugs elsewhere in the game.....
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Ugh.  Total BS Benny.  I’m hearing stories like this far too often.   It aggravates me.  
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    100% correct. You cant enforce a cool down method when the app its self has glitches and bugs that does this way too often. They dont really seem to care anymore though. Sorry Benny.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I've tried to keep an open mind about the new "cool down" feature, so I was excited to connect with my club for a weekend of royale in place of my usual weekend CVC hopping.  

I left my cvc club last night at 8PM EST, planning to reconnect with my main club at 8AM this morning.

As 8AM came around and my "cool down" timer expired, I asked my club for an invite and was promptly invited.  I immediately joined and was really looking forward to a great weekend.

However, to my dismay, seconds later I was glitched out of the club.  I did not leave the club, and I was not removed.  Now, instead of being able to rejoin, I am faced with a new 12 hour countdown timer, meaning I am unable to join my club before the start of the weekend event.

I immediately reached out to support to see if the issue could be rectified.  I was ecstatic to see that support responded within an hour, but my excitement turned to frustration as I received a generic reply about the new cool down period and how my input will be forwarded to the development team.

Now, instead of a great weekend of club royale, where I would be buying many boxes, competing for a top spot with my club, and winning exciting rewards, I will be relegated to the sidelines.

Due to the new cool down timer, and no fault of my own, the next 3 days of my TSB life will be ruined. #NotHappy
    your signature should be I was proud to be a TSB Vip.

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Just a short update that CS did finally get back to me and gifted me the first place minor rewards for Monday - unexpected surprise

Awaiting cooldown with pending club invite. When I joined the screen glitched and showed a b1 club with no info about members or club name etc. I showed up on holder leader account as not having been active for thousands of days like it would when we join and force kill the app before events. I still had the option to join a club and my dh profile showed I was never in a club. When I tried to join it said club didn't exist. I tried every way I could think of to join making club pub but still either network error or club doesnt exist. Booted myself and am now locked out for 12 hours again with another bullshit cooldown.

CvC is over for me today I would guess. Awesome job, Glu devs. This is really working out great for all involved.

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    It's just one issue after another.  The TSB chats have gone radio silent.  Not sure if eveyone stopped playing or if there's just nothing to talk about anymore since all the fun/strategic parts of the game have been eliminated.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    It's just one issue after another.  The TSB chats have gone radio silent.  Not sure if eveyone stopped playing or if there's just nothing to talk about anymore since all the fun/strategic parts of the game have been eliminated.
    This morning was so rare. I checked the forums and there had been 0 new comments/posts since I went to sleep. 
    So this has cost me at least t5 fp milestones plus 26k pxp, 6k bxp and 8 shitty boxes. Thanks again...
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I haven't even opened the app since last Thursday.  I used to check this site multiple times per day, and now I skim it once every other day or so just to see if there has been any report of the CD timer being changed/removed (though I know it won't).  That change single-handedly killed my desire to play this game, and once I stopped playing, I realized I didn't really miss it.  Oh well.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    This morning was so rare. I checked the forums and there had been 0 new comments/posts since I went to sleep. 
    they are blowing up their community - this forum has been a ghost town compared to how it was earlier in the year. i love the "well oiled machine" comment from @blueleopard when the cool down first went into effect... i know that he has to represent the company line but how will they keep the lights on with the seemingly mass exodus by the customers? good luck with recovering from this mess
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

We are being "cohesive" in a different way i suppose
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    The fact that they couldn’t even get close to the first pumpkin patch milestone ought to give them a clue about how folks are feeling about the game right now.
    edited November 2019
    I dare them to send out the “Do you like this game ?” popup now that folks have had time with the new features and compare the numbers with the release numbers. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2019

Hey @blueleopard ...good times brother!!!!  No one here or in the game to waste your time anymore!!!     
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Hey @blueleopard ...good times brother!!!!  No one here or in the game to waste your time anymore!!!     
    @bigvivec, they’re still wondering why their twitter milestone promo failed miserably.  This could take weeks to figure out. 
    Good times. Back to bonus games and videos. 
    A CS rep kindly lifted cooldown for me around 8pm last night allowing me to complete t5 milestones and win 10pm cvc but not without the “one time courtesy” conditional script in their response. I hardly find that to be a favor when this bugged-ass app didnt do what it was supposed to do yet the onus is on me to not let it happen again?! 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Nada on double gold this weekend and 7 layers of woh royale, no football here in kc. I might have to go buy COD for the PS4. 
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.