Dear Glu, We Need A WoH "White Flag" Feature: Details Inside

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Again, no whining, just going off of my experience last night as well as others reading the threads this morning.

Level 7 has now nearly become impossible. Some point last night, the game was clearly put up a few notches. My usual "easy" matchups on Level 7.1-7.5 are now just straight up curve outs, or I can't get a hit. I got back to Ruth by some miracle four more times, only to have a noodle bat on every straight pitch.  Couldn't get another hit.

I love playing WoH, but now, for the rest of the weekend, I'm stuck trying to beat something that is nearly impossible to beat (again).

I wish there was a way we could wave a white flag, opt out of Level 7, and start over.  I really could use the prizes in rounds 1-6 as those were helping my team.

It would be great if there were some timer that allowed this after say, 3-4 hours, or  maybe after a certain amount of losses at 7.10.  

Please consider in the future for those of us who can't spend hundreds of dollars on the game, but still want to play.
Thanks!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    It’s called moving out of silver....
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I don’t know how hard silver is, but it’s been doable for me in gold. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Silver is rough at Level 7.  I made it to Ruth a handful of times but he's pretty brutal.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

Yes dammit.

Mondays aren't a huge problem any longer, so there is that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I know in 2018 once I got to gold I stayed gold and didn't care to move from there because everything was so much more manageable. I'm silver now and ten bonus away from jumping to gold. Believe me as soon as I get time too, I will be jumping to gold. I hate silver. Gold is much more manageable. The only issue for me in 2018 was that Evo in the gold tier became extremely scarce especially as I leveled to the higher tiers of gold. Is that the same in 2019? But that won't be a deterrent for me.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Yeah 
    I can’t get past level 6 on WOH and can’t win any tournaments. 
    I don’t like HR battles and no bonus players for bonus or prime games. 
    Think I’ll save my money and enjoy my weekend. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I know in 2018 once I got to gold I stayed gold and didn't care to move from there because everything was so much more manageable. I'm silver now and ten bonus away from jumping to gold. Believe me as soon as I get time too, I will be jumping to gold. I hate silver. Gold is much more manageable. The only issue for me in 2018 was that Evo in the gold tier became extremely scarce especially as I leveled to the higher tiers of gold. Is that the same in 2019? But that won't be a deterrent for me.
    EVO has become more scarce lately thanks to CDT. There are tiny amounts on the current Royale WOH tower, as well as on slugfest, but best EVO source right now is season mode. If you run low I suggest using gold to speed up season mode, it also gets you a small amount of PXP and of course more pennants.

I get almost all my EVO from season mode and field pass milestones. Small amounts come in from Royale WOH, fan rewards, event rewards and free gifts.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I like this idea Dr Ass. Glu could make it similar to season mode restart that cost gold. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    EVO has become more scarce lately thanks to CDT. There are tiny amounts on the current Royale WOH tower, as well as on slugfest, but best EVO source right now is season mode. If you run low I suggest using gold to speed up season mode, it also gets you a small amount of PXP and of course more pennants.

I get almost all my EVO from season mode and field pass milestones. Small amounts come in from Royale WOH, fan rewards, event rewards and free gifts.
    I patiently refuse to purchase or even complete a video challenge for EVO.  I’d rather EVO starve then reinforce their insane Cooldown moneygrab
    The more I think about it, the less I feel like they did the cooldown for any other reason than to starve players out of Evo and make them pay for it
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Silver is tough, but doable. This morning I gave it a try with my AAA team...1gold restart

The more I think about it, the less I feel like they did the cooldown for any other reason than to starve players out of Evo and make them pay for it
    the addendum to this is that Evo was the most precious resource for the big spenders.  They could buy the boxes, players and the LXP even...but the Evo had to come from somewhere.  All they did was make it newrly impossible to get without paying money.

its exactly what I would have done if I was running a broke company and cared very little for anything other than immediate fiscal returns.
    the addendum to this is that Evo was the most precious resource for the big spenders.  They could buy the boxes, players and the LXP even...but the Evo had to come from somewhere.  All they did was make it newrly impossible to get without paying money.

its exactly what I would have done if I was running a broke company and cared very little for anything other than immediate fiscal returns.
    Well said, well said!
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I would be in favor for this for the Royale weekends. I think it should cost gold to reset. The reason I think this should be available for Royale is there aren’t separate tiers available to play if you get stuck. On Mondays if you can’t beat HOF and get stuck, you can go back to All Star or Classic and beat the levels to collect rewards or put up points for your club. On Royale weekends if you get stuck, then you are stuck with no other options. 
    sullipa8 said:
    I would be in favor for this for the Royale weekends. I think it should cost gold to reset. The reason I think this should be available for Royale is there aren’t separate tiers available to play if you get stuck. On Mondays if you can’t beat HOF and get stuck, you can go back to All Star or Classic and beat the levels to collect rewards or put up points for your club. On Royale weekends if you get stuck, then you are stuck with no other options. 

Bingo.

When the inevitable "impossible" switch is flipped and high-end silver teams can't play lower rounds like 5.1-5.4 and beat them with CLOSERS this would be nice as I just enjoy playing the game.

GLU lost a solid chance to get some real $$$ from me this weekend with that BS. I thought about spending money to chase a player in the other boxes, but after all of the blatant rigged BS for hours on Sunday, I kept my cash. Not going to pay for a game that's blatantly rigged for you not to win at certain times. My Asperger's can't process that. LOL

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    No other options?  What about BGs, tourneys, prime event and slugfest?
    sullipa8 said:

Bingo.

When the inevitable "impossible" switch is flipped and high-end silver teams can't play lower rounds like 5.1-5.4 and beat them with CLOSERS this would be nice as I just enjoy playing the game.

GLU lost a solid chance to get some real $$$ from me this weekend with that BS. I thought about spending money to chase a player in the other boxes, but after all of the blatant rigged BS for hours on Sunday, I kept my cash. Not going to pay for a game that's blatantly rigged for you not to win at certain times. My Asperger's can't process that. LOL

Not rigged. Just very hard.  There is a difference.  I get the frustration.  I’ve been in your shoes before and will again if this trend continues and I stumble......that said while it is difficult, it’s not Neris/Diaz hard and though the RNG is cranked way up, it can still be beaten.  
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    sullipa8 said:
    I play all the other modes regardless. But if I get stuck on WOH, I have no other choice if I want to put up points. But WOH and slugfest are the only modes where you can get stuck and not be able to put up points. That’s why I think it’s a good idea to have some sort of reset on WOH. It could be similar to what they do for CVC or Extra Bases which is it costs more each time and you are limited in how many times you can reset. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I said this at the start when everyone was raging. Glu said the cooldown was made to prevent people from hopping in and out of cvc. They could accomplish that with a cooldown timer of a few hours, tops. It was done to limit the massive supply of Evo the game was giving out. They only give out Evo in max increments of like 20 (right?), and there are people with tens of thousands. It was obvious they were eventually going to do something about it. 
    sullipa8 said:
    bigvivec said:
    sullipa8 said:
    I play all the other modes regardless. But if I get stuck on WOH, I have no other choice if I want to put up points. But WOH and slugfest are the only modes where you can get stuck and not be able to put up points. That’s why I think it’s a good idea to have some sort of reset on WOH. It could be similar to what they do for CVC or Extra Bases which is it costs more each time and you are limited in how many times you can reset. 

Awesome giving Glu another idea to gouge us player for more money.
    sullipa8 said:
    bigvivec said:
    sullipa8 said:
    I don’t agree with a reset but would support the multi tower model they use on Mondays especially if the singular tower they have is on par with HOF.  To have no access to one of the Royale modes  over 12h event is one thing......running over the length or the weekend where so many hit a glass ceiling and then just push that mode to the back is frustrating and doesn’t really engender much as far as excitement to play the game for the roadblocked.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Or build a better silver team 🤷🏻‍♂️
    MoenPDC said:
    Or build a better silver team 🤷🏻‍♂️
    King of the silver ghetto!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    No struggles here.. it’s good to be king 👑  💪🏻💪🏻
    You are my hero, mythicaldragon.