Another 510 OF with nice skills.

Prev1345

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’ll take it!
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    But is this going to be as tough as the weekend?  :s
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

It's a pretty good reward but it remains astonishing how stingy Glu has been with the guys who have double active skills.  Considering that 6.10 has been a righty forever, I think the last WOH player with double active skills was 450 Scoscia.  That was a looong time ago.   

Even in boxes, I don't think we've seen a 520 player with double active skills for 6.10.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Metsicans said:

It's a pretty good reward but it remains astonishing how stingy Glu has been with the guys who have double active skills.  Considering that 6.10 has been a righty forever, I think the last WOH player with double active skills was 450 Scoscia.  That was a looong time ago.   

Even in boxes, I don't think we've seen a 520 player with double active skills for 6.10.

Stan the Man and Morgan free agent?!?
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Metsicans said:

You do realize we just had baines AND avs with double woh finisher skills
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    You can say blowout doesn’t work, but I’ve used blowout as two of my three players in 6.8-6.10 for the last 2 months and have cycle capped every week INCLUDING using baines against the babe with no issues. 

Or don’t believe me and keep waiting for that late inning rhp unicorn , your funeral
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Metsicans said:

As long as pitchers remain at level one then you won’t need a 520 with double active skills.   I personally love this skill set for Cruz 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    yeah, this weekend I used the blowout skill guys A LOT in rounds 6.8-6.10 and 7.8-7.10 and I definitively think now the blowout skill DOES NOT deactivates once you are within less than 4 runs. My guys kept hitting homers/doubles and crushing the pitchers while I got mostly fastballs. So I firmly believe now that skills are set at the beginning of the round and that's it. 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I also believe skills don't deactivate.  It also make the first pitch skill really awesome, since it does not turn off after the first pitch
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Uh-oh non-level one pitchers
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Metsicans said:

As long as pitchers remain at level one then you won’t need a 520 with double active skills.   I personally love this skill set for Cruz 
    Disclaimer.   I’m wrong about almost everything 
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Are the pitchers all different? Difficulty up? 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yep, if you are silver, simming Level 1 now is spotty. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    The weekend convinced me that skills don't deactivate. As I couldn't beat Ruth with a capped keeper Mantle (late/LHP) at 14/13, but over half the time beat with capped Cey (blowout and LHP) at 12/12
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    We need a new chart, eh?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Musial 0 for 4 now against Wade Davis at 3.10, seems like a fair result to me.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m just gonna watch this today with a bag of popcorn. It should be good entertainment. I noticed level 1 pitchers at level 5 and thought maybe I had missed that and it was normal.  Quickly realized it wasn’t. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Musial 0 for 4 now against Wade Davis at 3.10, seems like a fair result to me.

LOL. SAME here. Matchup favorability is like 113 to 339 for me. I have Musial's skills at 18/17 plus I did a video boost.

Batter up. NINE straight unhittable pitches. Round over.

LOLOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited November 2019
    6.5=goose
    6.6=blye
    6.7=jenkins
    6.8=nolan
    6.9=kevin brown
    6.10=Bob gibson

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Might be time to hang it up.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Level 6 all rhp?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    6.4 has been a lefty for a bit

edited November 2019
    Well I can't beat it today without without sinking about 90k gold into player skills to be able to get through level 6, so for the first time in 2 years I'm actually gonna put my phone down on WOH day.

I'm sad. I feel like my dog died or somethin.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    edited November 2019
    1 for 4 in my first go around with (20/20) D10 Van Slyke + 80 boost.  I pray this gets better...

Made it to Level 6. The EXACT same pattern that was on Sunday is back.

Any round. Doesn't matter. Get a hit? Curve out is next.

Score a run? TWO curve outs.

Once you hit 6.6 the game is unplayable. I've experienced this five times now. The only outs I am making are the game throwing pitches in another time zone.

Even did the "closer" test.

Matchup favorability means NOTHING. This is happening to me with double favorability to start the round.

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    It is possible in gold - but much much harder of course. No way I'm cycling anywhere close to prior weeks 😥
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Are the match-ups like HOF for levels 1-5 ?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    1 for 4 in my first go around with (20/20) D10 Van Slyke + 80 boost.  I pray this gets better...
    Man so glad I spent all that time and gold to get this guy capped over a grueling weekend just to have him be obsolete 12 hours after event completion. These people **** suck.

Yes, all matchups are same from last week in terms or RL.

Just different pitchers this time on 6

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Got it done in gold. Can't autoplay past 6.5 anymore. Need video boosts on 6.6-6.9, previously only on 6.9. 
    Gold boost on 6.10 - actually the game crashed after I beat 6.10 but it gave me the reward player and reset to 1.1 despite crashing. Never happened to me before. 

Definitely not cycle capping anymore. He doesn't make the roster, was just gonna use him for clash points if he was easy/cheap to cycle cap. 

Hopefully I can at least get in half the cycles I was hoping for, but my motivation to play this game is fading fast. It just takes too much time to build a good team.