11/25 Boxes and Specials

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
Lets do this.  How about a big ol giant Mega LXP Box Special Glu????

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I wouldn’t mind saving it for Friday and making it a steep discount 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    The streak of one decent legend and the rest total crap continues
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Interesting that Chipper is a bonus player.  I wonder if that was a mistake?
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    First of all, who the hell is Red ShoeDentist?   Second of all, do I go to him for shoe and dental needs?  Does he fit me for some adidas while I get my cleaning done?
    Just no.  
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    First of all, who the hell is Red ShoeDentist?   Second of all, do I go to him for shoe and dental needs?  Does he fit me for some adidas while I get my cleaning done?
    He's an old school player from those Musial teams. Very odd choice of Glu to use as a legend since he isnt really well known and was just an ok player. I think they just buy old boxes of common baseball cards and randomly draw cards to use in game. Maybe we'll get a legend Bob Uecker next.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Well, I’m certainly glad I pulled him ! Was a better manager than player. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I admit that I had to look him up, but he was a 10x All-Star, and a Hall of Famer, so I think his selection as a legend is a fair one (and probably a cheap one from Glu's perspective).  Compare that to guys like Orlando Cabrera, also a Glu legend, whose career highlights include being the last out in David Cone's perfect game and once making 29 errors in a single season.