WOH 11.25.2019

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    second time through at gold...
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Metsicans said:

It's a pretty good reward but it remains astonishing how stingy Glu has been with the guys who have double active skills.  Considering that 6.10 has been a righty forever, I think the last WOH player with double active skills was 450 Scoscia.  That was a looong time ago.   

Even in boxes, I don't think we've seen a 520 player with double active skills for 6.10.

Stan the Man and Morgan free agent?!?

I should have been clearer--skills we KNOW are both active the entire round.  So RHP/RHP, or Late Inning/Late Inning, or some combo of that.  Maybe Leadoff skill too, but even then there are some doubters.

I reached the opposite conclusion as many of you this weekend.  My Musial consistently got curved the second he closed to within 6-3.  I still won many of those rounds, but the immediacy of getting my first curve ball after blowout skill was technically no longer live was just too much to be chalked off as a fluke.

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So I did the WoH jerk off session where I give up and go clear All Star.

Came back to HoF Level 6 and Homered my ass off to get past 6.6-6.8. Beat the pattern. Only way to do it as there are men on base.

Got a fair shake on 6.9 and 6.10. Lost 6.10 due to a pitch I should have hit better. Video reboot.

Only got one curve out this time and cleared it!

Nap time.

Hopefully that jacked up pattern on 6.6-6.8 is gone when I get up.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Made it thru with my legendary Gold squad...but must say I'm not very happy about the new round 6 pitching lineup.
    Thank goodness I have ATG Teddy to slow play today. Because I really don't feel like dropping a bunch of gold to mutlicycle this craphole.
    I just don't get GLU at all.
    Time and time again they just intentionally piss off their customers. 
    Why make changes to a game to intentionally discourage people from wanting to play it?
    Anyways - just another reason I won't be playing next year.
    Have a nice day!
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Made it thru with my legendary Gold squad...but must say I'm not very happy about the new round 6 pitching lineup.
    Thank goodness I have ATG Teddy to slow play today. Because I really don't feel like dropping a bunch of gold to mutlicycle this craphole.
    I just don't get GLU at all.
    Time and time again they just intentionally piss off their customers. 
    Why make changes to a game to intentionally discourage people from wanting to play it?
    Anyways - just another reason I won't be playing next year.
    Have a nice day!
    Because they believe there are enough people playing this game who respond to getting pissed off by reaching for their wallets.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    GLU did me a favor and kept me from spending money this week.  No point now.  I was getting close to HOF....no I have no shot.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    1 video restart and 1 gold restart, but this silver team will take it!

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah today is a disappointment, Seems like a big jump between the players and raising the difficulty 5 levels. 
  • ScottsdalesmashScottsdalesmash Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    I don't get on here too much.  Can someone direct me to today's hall of fame chart for Lefty and Righty please?  I need all levels to Hall of fame.  Thank you so much
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    what the heck is that with the bonus players today giving points per HIT instead of per RBI like WOH has always been?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    what the heck is that with the bonus players today giving points per HIT instead of per RBI like WOH has always been?
    a way to keep points down since field Pass milestones done need cvc points this week 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I haven’t played much in a month but seeing pitchers at level 5 well I won’t be playing much till ‘20 if at all.  That’s a huge jump on par with how the ‘18 tower used to be like where winning a couple times was a good day.  
    whammo911 said:
    Yeah today is a disappointment, Seems like a big jump between the players and raising the difficulty 5 levels. 

Today is just insane. I was looking forward to playing this today after spending the past few weeks getting solid closers, leveling them up, and setting their skills at 15+ each.

Now this pattern is back where I get curved out after a hit, or two curve outs after scoring a run.

I was lucky enough to make it back to 6.10 with a video boost in hand.
    Batter Up. Nine straight pitches in another time zone. Literally no chance at all to even play. This was the same matchup I won earlier with.
    Video restart.

Boost my team again. Batter up. Nine straight again. Literally no chance to do anything. 18 straight pitches in the other batter's box after all that work to get there.

This game will be very easy for me to quit playing if this keeps up. This isn't fun at all. The game is rigged and unplayable, unless you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars, which is more than I would pay for an Xbox game that isn't rigged and unplayable.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited November 2019
    whammo911 said:

Today is just insane. I was looking forward to playing this today after spending the past few weeks getting solid closers, leveling them up, and setting their skills at 15+ each.

Now this pattern is back where I get curved out after a hit, or two curve outs after scoring a run.

I was lucky enough to make it back to 6.10 with a video boost in hand.
    Batter Up. Nine straight pitches in another time zone. Literally no chance at all to even play. This was the same matchup I won earlier with.
    Video restart.

Boost my team again. Batter up. Nine straight again. Literally no chance to do anything. 18 straight pitches in the other batter's box after all that work to get there.

This game will be very easy for me to quit playing if this keeps up. This isn't fun at all. The game is rigged and unplayable, unless you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars, which is more than I would pay for an Xbox game that isn't rigged and unplayable.

or you could have gone gold months ago and still cycle today.

note: commentary solely for @drsmartassphd
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’d rather do the 7 levels than this, just got my team all set I thought, was gonna use today to level skills but I’d have to really open my wallet to do that. On top of that I pulled the legend 2nd baseman and was real pumped to put up points but 80g boost on boog netted me one single through 2 tries
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I’m not upset that they increased the difficulty. That’s to be expected as the game progresses. But, rewards should increase along with. We are at the same difficulty as the end of last year when it was LXP, PXP, bonus player, and WOH box. If the rewards were comparable then it would be fair. 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    cb11 said:
    I’m not upset that they increased the difficulty. That’s to be expected as the game progresses. But, rewards should increase along with. We are at the same difficulty as the end of last year when it was LXP, PXP, bonus player, and WOH box. If the rewards were comparable then it would be fair. 
    They didn't just increase the difficulty. They changed the pitchers (after just one week), AND notched every pitcher 4 levels higher. Doing one at a time, maybe, is acceptable, but today it is just bullshit
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    cb11 said:
    They didn't just increase the difficulty. They changed the pitchers (after just one week), AND notched every pitcher 4 levels higher. Doing one at a time, maybe, is acceptable, but today it is just bullshit
    I agree, this is total bullshit and they should be made to pay by... let’s say,  boycotting today’s event, I was going to spend some cash on the game today but F... glu.... no money for you!!!!
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    all pitchers a level or two would be fine with me. All pitchers up 4 levels is just insanity when you haven't upped our potential hitters. I know there are plenty still competing at a very high level today though so they got what they wanted, a bigger disparity between the top and the second tier teams.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Neris/Diaz days have come back...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    That threw me off too, but this is a good thing for those that care to slow play for club/FP points.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Spent everything I had to level up Bench, 510 Cooper, Edmonds, and Signature Renton to gold 13/13 and two weeks later it’s not even close to good enough. Think I hear the fat lady singing. 
    edited November 2019

Just for shits and giggles, I'm playing through 6 just to see how bad I get fudged. 

It is comical what the game is doing now.

If I can beat the pattern I stated above and get to Brown, which I have now done several times, Brown will allow me to get within 6-5, then I see nine straight curves to "lose".

Four times now I have gotten in this situation. Twice the bases were loaded with no outs, 6-5, then nine straight.

This is so bad, that Brown even threw one in the dirt, which 100% of the time has been ball four, but not today! Nope!  A pitch in the dirt with the score 6-5 is now a strike just to make sure you lose and not tie.

And no, not even mad. Just reporting my findings.

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    The ball hit the dirt and was called a strike?? Madness!

Just for shits and giggles, I'm playing through 6 just to see how bad I get fudged. 

If I can beat the pattern I stated above and get to Brown, which I have now done several times, Brown will allow me to get within 6-5, then I see nine straight curves to "lose".

Four times now I have gotten in this situation. Twice the bases were loaded with no outs, 6-5, then nine straight.

This is so bad, that Brown even threw one in the dirt, which 100% of the time has been ball four, but not today! Nope!  A pitch in the dirt with the score 6-5 is now a strike just to make sure you lose and not tie.

Yeah I’ve been going through the same crap and I’m gold. 

Welp, now we are back to the hit-one-curve out, score two-curve out pattern again. LOLOLOL

Brown is "unbeatable". I'm not joking. My only "outs" the past two hours on Level 6 have been curve outs. That's it. I'd have this completed again if it weren't rigged.

Glu, thank you so much for this. All the plans I made for 2020 are now gone. This is my first and last year playing this game.

It is a really fun game, it is just rigged for people who spend hundreds of dollars on it. I am not going that route. This is a mobile app.

• ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts

I am thinking you must have Angel Hernandez behind home plate ...SMH
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

This is more like Eric Gregg in the playoffs. LOL

Seriously, this pattern is so predictable now. I'm even calling it.

"Here comes the curve out"...Ok...

TY for stating this, Itsouttahere2. All the more reason for me to quit after this year.

TY for stating this, Itsouttahere2. All the more reason for me to quit after this year.

I feel your pain Doc.