Options

WOH 11.25.2019

Comments

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Game is getting kind of "meh" to me at this point anyway.  Been playing a lot of Madden and Red Dead on the Xbox One.  Especially being in a solo club,  I can't see sticking around much more.  Just not having much fun.  

Too much designed separation between the "haves" and the "have nots" these days.  I don't need to be a "have", but if I can't even be close with all the time I used to sink into this game every day,  it's just not worth it anymore.  
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Has become too much of a chore for this “have not”. Only 2250 bonus games to go so I can get some CvC PxP for skills. 
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I guess I’m just not exactly sure what else GLU expects 

if you have highest players ever released, capped, with active skills....and STILL can’t win.....what else is it supposed to take?
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Ok, still going guys! Have more good stuff to report.

Still on Level 6. Been at it for two hours. Now the patterns are holding firm for 6.6 and 6.7 where I get straight up curved out. No chance to play.

Just had one scenario on 6.6 where I started out, got a hit to tie (HR). Then, I saw nine straight curves.

Extra innings.

Nine straight curves again.

18 straight curves. Favorable matchup is double in this one, BTW. LOL

I'm giving this one more video reboot, then I quit for the day. This sucks so hard. This team would have cleared this thing 3-4 times by this point every other week.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just finished my cycle cap. I started at d1 because I wasn't sure how things would play out. I knew the pitchers would inevitably get tougher, but as has been said, a jump from 1 to 5 is ridiculous. It really sucks, for lack of a better word, for many. Sorry guys. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts

Ok, still going guys! Have more good stuff to report.

Still on Level 6. Been at it for two hours. Now the patterns are holding firm for 6.6 and 6.7 where I get straight up curved out. No chance to play.

Just had one scenario on 6.6 where I started out, got a hit to tie (HR). Then, I saw nine straight curves.

Extra innings.

Nine straight curves again.

18 straight curves. Favorable matchup is double in this one, BTW. LOL

I'm giving this one more video reboot, then I quit for the day. This sucks so hard. This team would have cleared this thing 3-4 times by this point every other week.

I'm actually kind of surprised that beating HOF as a bronze or silver team is even still very possible at this point in the season.  I'm guessing they are trending toward making it almost extinct for any Silver teams except those willing to drop as much gold as needed for boosts and continues.  
  • Options
    I just got thru level 6 with just video boosts and no replay. Maybe letting up a little ? This is about the time of day I was able to complete a cycle Saturday after beating my head on the wall all day. 

Without skills, the difference between the pitcher rating and my hitter rating was only around 30 points at gold for the last 4. Goes up a lot with skills but certainly not double or anything. Like that in plat and diamond also ?
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I just finished my cycle cap. I started at d1 because I wasn't sure how things would play out. I knew the pitchers would inevitably get tougher, but as has been said, a jump from 1 to 5 is ridiculous. It really sucks, for lack of a better word, for many. Sorry guys. 
    It might be a good idea to email your contacts and let them know to check out the forum @DFBB

im guessing people deleting their app isn’t a good thing
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So much tougher to still have 360 bxp guys.. pssh
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I spent a lot of time cycle capping Van Slyke over the weekend - at D10 and skills at 20/20 he's been a killer so far on 6.8-6.10.  I've been using the 80 gold boost on 6.9 and 6.10, but just now I accidentally played 6.10 without a boost and still beat Gibson.  I'm sure that I was just lucky, but for diamond players, Gibson can clearly be had with a top notch closer.  
  • Options
    eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I spent a lot of time cycle capping Van Slyke over the weekend - at D10 and skills at 20/20 he's been a killer so far on 6.8-6.10.  I've been using the 80 gold boost on 6.9 and 6.10, but just now I accidentally played 6.10 without a boost and still beat Gibson.  I'm sure that I was just lucky, but for diamond players, Gibson can clearly be had with a top notch closer.  
    Consider yourself lucky.  I've been using D10 Van Slyke (20/20) all day.  I'm 7 for 22 against Gibson.  Cleared 6.10 once without a restart.  
  • Options

I'm throwing in the towel guys.

No way to win. I'm out of gold, out of XP to level up any more, and out of patience.

My timing is perfect. I've been playing Level 6 for three hours now. My only outs are curve outs, and I know when they are coming.
    The pattern of literally having to HR my way to 6.9 is holding.
    Just now, I finally got a scenario on 6.9 where I didn't see two curve outs after a score. I actually got three hittable at bats in a row, and got a 3R HR out of it.

After an hour plus, I made it to 6.10 again.
    I go in, gold boost, and I get to 6-3, bases loaded before my first curve out. Well, it ends up being 2 curve outs.

Next pitch is straight, but I don't HR. 6-5 second and third. You know what's next.

I use a video restart, gold boost, and try again thinking I would get a better shake.

Nope, base hit, curve out, base hit, curve out, base hit, curve out.

So, being a sucker, I had just enough gold left for a gold restart, then gold boost. I take the plunge.

Batter up. NINE STRAIGHT CURVES.

I'm done. I had the whole evening to play this game and I was looking forward to it. Oh well. Lesson learned!

Thanks again to everyone that's helped me out here. I'm not spending the money to go gold.  

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Oh and we have 4 more more days of WoH this week still... 
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts

I'm not spending the money to go gold.  

If you had just done it 1-2 months ago you wouldn't need to spend money to get there. With WOH as your main focus it's just nuts you are still silver. Good luck though, I do wish you the best moving forward.
  • Options

I'm not spending the money to go gold.  

If you had just done it 1-2 months ago you wouldn't need to spend money to get there. With WOH as your main focus it's just nuts you are still silver. Good luck though, I do wish you the best moving forward.

Much appreciated. I'll play out the year since I already invested so much in it. Just won't farm for gold any longer and quit spending money a while back anyway. If I can get lucky and win some players in CvC, so be it.

What I may do is after I get off my period, I'll reconsider my 2020 plan. I put it together months ago. Maybe give that a look and a small budget to see how long it lasts. But definitely go gold earlier.

Still reading other threads where gold and higher teams are struggling.

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I just got curved out on 2.8....
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I cycled once. Went for another but got pounded into the dirt at 6.8 several times and asked my babygirl and my niece “you all want to o go see frozen 2?” Great movie you all! Snacks and movie entry were cheaper than a mountain of gold. Lol. 
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @eman0023 - just to compare notes - I just lost five times in a row, so I'm now 5 for 12.  I'm not sure how much this matters, but my Pirates pennants are at 80 and all batting upgrades are at 84.  Are you in a similar spot?
  • Options
    @eman0023 - just to compare notes - I just lost five times in a row, so I'm now 5 for 12.  I'm not sure how much this matters, but my Pirates pennants are at 80 and all batting upgrades are at 84.  Are you in a similar spot?
    Dang that's rough.  Upgrades are at 84.  Pirates pennants are 57.
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I just got curved out on 2.8....
    I haven’t played today yet but on the weekend the auto play made me lose 3 times in a row on L1. What’s the chances of that like 0.001% yet I couldn’t get a good RNG to give me fast balls on L710. 
  • Options
    5% small screen boost is currently active.
  • Options
    spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    I usually spend hours playing on Mondays. Thanks for giving me a day off, Glu!
  • Options
    Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Bottom of 9th 2outs score 6-3 w/ bases loaded & the count is 3-1.... Gibson throws a curve to bring the count to 3-2.... the batter yells to the mound, you don’t have enough hair on ur ass to throw me another one of those you PB (punk bitch) cuz I’ll lauch it like a rocket 

Gibson takes the bait

• Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Cycle caaaaaap. That crap gave me an ulcer . Finished with 341 gold. 
  • Options
    cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Do you believe in miracles? Yes!
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

Please get rid of Gibson 😅 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBB said:
     Makes zero difference if the “You are going to lose” probability dial isn’t also set favorably.  Can’t even get thru level 4 in five tries with this great boost while would breeze to level 6 without it earlier. Would love some game transparency.   
  • Options
    COWPILEY said:
    DFBB said:
     Makes zero difference if the “You are going to lose” probability dial isn’t also set favorably.  Can’t even get thru level 4 in five tries with this great boost while would breeze to level 6 without it earlier. Would love some game transparency.   
    Many guys have crushed since it went live. Everyone's experience will vary, but it's been particularly smooth for me after the boost.
  • Options
    Must be nice. Make that 6 failed tries. At least I’ve picked up 37 bonus games beating  my head against the wall for the most part today. Gotta look for those silver linings. 
  • Options
    COWPILEY said:
    Must be nice. Make that 6 failed tries. At least I’ve picked up 37 bonus games beating  my head against the wall for the most part today. Gotta look for those silver linings. 
    Sorry man. I also stand corrected. 'Crushed' was  a poor choice of words. Guys are doing much better after the boost though.