What more do you need GLU?

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
Simple question for the dumb asses at GLU. I have every WOH player on my roster at 20/20 skills. Most are 520max. How in the f.uk am I still getting curved to death with 80g boosts? Im not talking about 1 cycle and done, its doing many cycles to cap the players in Diamond. What the f.uk am I suppose to do to win? Already have the best players available with fully capped skills. Yet it takes restart after restart to see a pitch sequence you can with. Let alone the people who dont have bats capped, dumbest fuk.in move you idiots made in awhile and that speaks volume. @blueleopard pass on the message to your overlords. Instead of improving the game you dumb morons are making it worse week in week out.
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy
Prev1

Comments

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I tend to agree. Sometimes, no matter what you do, this game just fúcks you over. That's why I quit. Doing the absolute best isn't enough, because at heart, they only want your money. There will never be "good enough."
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I just dont know what else they expect? I have 10 bats at 20/20 skills and they are getting loses everywhere. Sure I can clear it over and over but at great costs. Like you said, that's their plan. Fuked us with Cool Down, Evo Hunting, Loyalty Boxes and now WOH. They wont have a 2020 app! Nobody will be left.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Simple question for the dumb asses at GLU. I have every WOH player on my roster at 20/20 skills. Most are 520max. How in the f.uk am I still getting curved to death with 80g boosts? Im not talking about 1 cycle and done, its doing many cycles to cap the players in Diamond. What the f.uk am I suppose to do to win? Already have the best players available with fully capped skills. Yet it takes restart after restart to see a pitch sequence you can with. Let alone the people who dont have bats capped, dumbest fuk.in move you idiots made in awhile and that speaks volume. @blueleopard pass on the message to your overlords. Instead of improving the game you dumb morons are making it worse week in week out.
    Yeah that blueleotard guy and the urine guy or whatever they’re called should tell those greedy pricks at glu (developers) that they will not receive a single cent from me or the thousands of players just like me (not whales but that do spend) that are going through this absolutely ludicrous version of WOH HOF. I don’t expect to win every time but I do expect the game to be fair and not rigged, if we pay for resources we should get a fair shake. What these idiots are doing now makes absolutely no sense at all!!! GLU you know what to do with yourselves!!!!
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

See, glad I didn't spend the money to go Gold.

This will be my first and last year playing this game. I appreciate everyone's help and feedback on this forum. I'm not spending this amount of money on a mobile game where you press one button.  The concept is great, but to rig it for the sole purpose of getting a strike thrown to a hitter is nuts. Goes against the entire premise of baseball.

The real life analogy here is the MLB instituting a strike zone that is wider for teams who have the highest payroll.

If you play for a low payroll team, you better swing a telephone pole, not a bat.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    I Agree.  Same pitchers as weekend Royal of fun.  Today our favorite game WOH mondays with pitchers rated higher than our best available hitters at maxed 80gold. .RIP off.. lost more customers.. What are you doing glu...?
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I tried to tell people months ago that this game is the biggest money grab scam in the mobile industry but people just keep throwing paycheck after paycheck to them. 
    I stand firm on my assertion that these developers are the most clueless, bargain basement devs in the world who should have been fired after 2017. They do not have a clue what they are doing. They should go babysit puppies or be homeless shitting in the streets of San Francisco with their overlord Pelosi. 

STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THIS GAME 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I tried to tell people months ago that this game is the biggest money grab scam in the mobile industry but people just keep throwing paycheck after paycheck to them. 
    I stand firm on my assertion that these developers are the most clueless, bargain basement devs in the world who should have been fired after 2017. They do not have a clue what they are doing. They should go babysit puppies or be homeless shitting in the streets of San Francisco with their overlord Pelosi. 

Lol people will never stop spending on it, that's the problem.  They NEED that field pass!!.. or so they think
    Just no.  
  • cobrakai11cobrakai11 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I worked my team for months so I finally could occasionally win hof.   And then 2 weeks later that was crushed.  I like trying to improve the game but this woh made the game not fun.  I found myself try for a few times through today to have zero chance so for the first time in months I just quit playing for the day.   If you want to improve leave how it was and just add another tougher level with even better rewards.  Don’t take away.  It takes away from the game.  Adding the tough weekend game was fine.  Screwing over the Monday one just makes me not want to bother anymore.   Bad move.  I generally don’t complain.   Just feedback. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I think we should all relax on the impossible WOH today because everyone's true favorite game is on the horizon!  Extra Bases starts in a couple of hours!!!!  Thank goodness and AMEN!
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Beyond frustrated. I’m a player that can’t afford to spend money on the game. I work hard to build a strong team in diamond. I was finally at a point i was able to beat WOH HOF 5-6 times per Monday. I can finish classic in 20 minutes, but that does nothing for me but build bxp. Then this week everything changed. 500 and 520 legends capped out with skills at 12-15 and I couldn’t get past 6-8 today.  Really close to being done with this game after not missing a day in the past 2 years. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I worked my team for months so I finally could occasionally win hof.   And then 2 weeks later that was crushed.  I like trying to improve the game but this woh made the game not fun.  I found myself try for a few times through today to have zero chance so for the first time in months I just quit playing for the day.   If you want to improve leave how it was and just add another tougher level with even better rewards.  Don’t take away.  It takes away from the game.  Adding the tough weekend game was fine.  Screwing over the Monday one just makes me not want to bother anymore.   Bad move.  I generally don’t complain.   Just feedback. 
    Can't agree with this enough. I was in a similar spot the last time difficulty increased too. I reached 6.10 for the first time two weeks ago and lost. Reached it three times last week and lost. Thought Monday was gonna be the day. Gave up at 5.8 just based on the horrendously negative posts in here about 6. If there was a middle ground so I could continue to progress and have a fair shot at it, I'm OK. Now, all I've got is box luck. Not sure I'm gonna bother anymore. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019

Lol people will never stop spending on it, that's the problem.  They NEED that field pass!!.. or so they think
    Here's the thing...if you're diamond you kind of actually do. Unless you have gobs of time to cycle cap HoF reward which is now an unchecked box for A LOT of people or can use that time to grind your face off cycling d6 to save save save that gold and buy mega lxp boxes when they decide to show up. EVEN THEN, if the player or players you can acquire in a week aren't closers or of the ilk of this week's HoF reward AT THE VERY LEAST you are sunk.

This is where I am at. All these players with blowout skill that have been attainable as they have progressed down my lineup have become less and less valuable from a closer perspective and even more diminished in the mid rounds as they will only ever have one active skill. I am not one to spend on boxes during the week or weekend so was okay with this as it happened. The two times I did I ended up with Mathews and Cooper but those investments set me back a couple weeks from cycle capping HoF each, with Cooper still sitting at D6 with my back against the wall.

This is what Glu wants. This is the position people need to be in to fall into that trap of spending. As illustrated by @dkarski87 's experience though you can see that ap.parently now that isn't even enough.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yesterday was rough when I compare it to other HOFs. Was Gibson overly difficult? No. I had many cycles where 80g boost smoked him with 0 outs. Then I had 2 or 3 cycles where it took me 5+ restarts to see any pitches I can hit. The last one was the best, start 610 at 11:53. 9 straight curves, nothing I can do. Restarted with video, same shit. This happened for approx 5 or 6 more restarts where I got nothing but curve after curve at 550g a pop (including 80g boost).  This shouldn't happen, the rng yesterday was total bullshit. I mean if it happens once or twice sure GLU wants to get its money out of you. But to loose that many times over and over in a matter of minutes is crazy. I didn't find the last 3 rounds super bad, just the nature of the RNG really dictated right from the start weather you were going to win or not. Some people had it really easy and other had it really tuff. Again, it comes down to consistency. Most of my club didn't even bother cycle capping because they knew it wasn't going to be cheap. Doable? Absolutely. But if it costs you 10, 20 or 30k then no its not worth it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    WOH Thursday.......

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Although it’s too late now I think part of the problem was sharing and pinning every strategy that glu sees as taking money out of their pocket...even though those strategies actually probably helped cause more spending since people felt like they actually  had a chance. It seems like right after those 2 forum admins made their triumphant return, glu decided to pull our pants down and **** us. Maybe we need our own invite only forums to prevent them from making things even worse...but that’s all just the crazy conspiracy theorist in me. That being said they could let me start with a capped diamond lineup of atg’s next year and I still won’t download the app. Riding out this disaster and I’m done.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The amazing thing of late is that every single change has been a negative one. Every one. They must think we are the biggest bunch of morons to ever play a mobile game. That, or they are preying on our addiction. Maybe both. 
    dkarski87 said:
    Yesterday was rough when I compare it to other HOFs. Was Gibson overly difficult? No. I had many cycles where 80g boost smoked him with 0 outs. Then I had 2 or 3 cycles where it took me 5+ restarts to see any pitches I can hit. The last one was the best, start 610 at 11:53. 9 straight curves, nothing I can do. Restarted with video, same shit. This happened for approx 5 or 6 more restarts where I got nothing but curve after curve at 550g a pop (including 80g boost).  This shouldn't happen, the rng yesterday was total bullshit. I mean if it happens once or twice sure GLU wants to get its money out of you. But to loose that many times over and over in a matter of minutes is crazy. I didn't find the last 3 rounds super bad, just the nature of the RNG really dictated right from the start weather you were going to win or not. Some people had it really easy and other had it really tuff. Again, it comes down to consistency. Most of my club didn't even bother cycle capping because they knew it wasn't going to be cheap. Doable? Absolutely. But if it costs you 10, 20 or 30k then no its not worth it.

Good to see some club cohesiveness in not doing something I guess. Still sure Glu will see this as apt justification for cooldown...

I shared a lot in the WoH thread, but here is my team.

I'm silver and have a legend capped out at every position. My subs are all capped legends, and so is my bench. In my WoH lineup, my only 270 legend is still Kruk, because his skills are 19/19 and he was a beast for me for weeks. I specifically targeted players that were lefties, switch hitters, and had WoH skills that were active when you start each round. This team is PERFECT for this game. I boosted their skills for favorable matchups, even at Silver.

I have a 520 guy for rounds 6.7-6.10. Wait, take that back. Cecil Cooper is 510, but his skills are 17/17.

My experience is that this team that I built specifically for WoH is GOOD ENOUGH to win it several times.....IF I CAN GET PITCHES TO HIT.

Cecil Cooper would dominate any straight pitch from Ryan, only to see curve outs follow. I could Homer my way to Brown, but once I got to Brown, I couldn't get enough pitches to hit to stay in. Any straight pitch, however, Eddie Mathews (capped with skills at 19/18) would drive to a gap or over the fence. BAM. Only to be curved out the next sequence.

Long story short: If the game weren't rigged by having pitches in other time zones called strikes, my team would crush the pitching, even at the level yesterday. But Glu fixes that by literally rigging the game.

No point in playing this going forward. My team that I spent a ton of time farming gold for and hitting lucky pulls is now worthless on Level 6 in HoF. I could clear all the other levels with no issues. I even have a 520 Righty closer in Alex Trammel. He was undefeated in 4.10 and 5.10 as his skills are 17/15.

Today is the first day I am not farming gold in my spare time. I got the free 600 LxP today and that will be it. I'll "finish out the year", but it is pointless now. GLU told me yesterday I've wasted my time and money. No point in farming gold to get the best 520 player any more. Useless.

And that 510 guy you wanted to win so bad yesterday on this rigged game?  He's useless too. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    See ya @drsmartassphd !!
    criffy said:
    See ya @drsmartassphd !!

I believe you are one of the many that have helped me. Much appreciated!

It was fun building the team I have. If only I had known a few months ago what was going to happen. LOL

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I am done spending money on this game
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    The best part is gonna be Friday when 550’s are released for $100 bucks needing a new rare xp... along with skills now going to 25 to max out..lol...
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Happy Thanksgiving and Xmas. I will enjoy without TSB.. Cuz all my gold has been taken by rigged pitchers for the last time.  These pitchers now 30 points higher in one day.  Oh yeah 9 curves in a row. Sounds like everyone had the same experience.  Well if Thanksgiving walk off is like this then forget it.  Eat and football all weekend.  Not paying $100 4 a player.  Teams are built but now too weak to play.  God luck all to 2020. Sometimes gotta play game then quit . 

Please keep your political views to yourself, this is not the venue for that. 
    whammo911 said:
    Although it’s too late now I think part of the problem was sharing and pinning every strategy that glu sees as taking money out of their pocket...even though those strategies actually probably helped cause more spending since people felt like they actually  had a chance. It seems like right after those 2 forum admins made their triumphant return, glu decided to pull our pants down and **** us. Maybe we need our own invite only forums to prevent them from making things even worse...but that’s all just the crazy conspiracy theorist in me. That being said they could let me start with a capped diamond lineup of atg’s next year and I still won’t download the app. Riding out this disaster and I’m done. 
    I’m with you, this is only going to get worse, not worth it. 
    bigvivec said:
    WOH Thursday.......

You forgot one!

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/5455195/dear-glu#latest

I say this with much love behind it...go **** yourself Glu
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    The best part is gonna be Friday when 550’s are released for $100 bucks needing a new rare xp... along with skills now going to 25 to max out..lol...
    And some from the forum will still throw their money at that.  Gotta feed that glu monster.
    Just no.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    WOH Thursday.......

Slapsgiving!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71