Legends

kehatekehate Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
Who the hell picks the Legends? Seriously. They need to be fired.

Jose Cruz? Reggie Smith? Who the hell are these guys?!?!? I’ve got a pretty decent amount of baseball knowledge, but I’ve never heard of these dudes and my knowledge goes back to the early days of baseball thanks to my card collecting.

Where are the old school guys like Duke Snyder, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Joe Di’Maggio, Josh Gibson, Satchel Paige? The guys from the 60s and 70s like Sandy Koufax, Roger Maris, Juan Marichal? For heaven’s sake, where is Pete Rose?!?!?

How about Lee Smith, Rickey Henderson, Bo Jackson? Where’s The Kid??? I’d love to get Ken Griffey, Jr! You can pick Chuck Knoblauch and Shawn Green as Legends, but can’t give us Frank Thomas or Randy Johnson or Derek Jeter or Mariano Rivera?!?!? How about Big Papi?

While we are talking about Legends, y’all need to fix the trade-in values on players. Give us 50% of everything back when we trade them in. 2500 LXP for a G10 Legend? That’s some bullsh!t

Comments

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Mariano Rivera was one of the first legends released for 2019.

They only have a select group of former players to choose from, I believe, which is why we are seeing many of the same legends twice.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @kehate its simple. They need licensing for some of these guys.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Maybe they can afford some new licensing from all the money they are making on evo sales 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Besides Shoeless Joe would figure out a way to throw the game for all of us and Make glu even more money.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Reggie Smith must have decided to give away his likeness for free, whereas Duke Snider's estate gave Glu the middle finger.  Can't say I blame them--I can relate after today's experience with WOH. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Jose Cruuuuuuuuz! One of my favorite players at the old Astrodome